fbpx
Connect with us

Arsenal

Match of the Day running order revealed

The Match of the Day running order has been revealed ahead of the programme, after what has been a busy and controversial afternoon.

You can see the highlights of all of those played so far along with all the talking points, replays and analysis from 10:30pm on BBC One.

Presenter Mark Chapman will as always be joined by pundits Alan Shearer, and Ian Wright who’ll no doubt will have a lot to rant about. If you miss the show, you can view it over on the BBC iPlayer.

1) MAN CITY v NEWCASTLE

Two goals from Raheem Sterling as well as strikes from Aymeric Laporte, Rodri and Phil Foden moved the defending champions three points clear of Liverpool at the top of the Premier League table with a 5-0 win over Newcastle

Player ratings

Man City: Ederson (7), Cancelo (8), Dias (7), Laporte (7), Zinchenko (8), Rodri (8), De Bruyne (9), Gundogan (8), Sterling (9), Jesus (7), Grealish (8).

Subs: Fernandinho (7), Foden (7), Egan-Riley (n/a).

Newcastle: Dubravka (4), Krafth (5), Lascelles (5), Burn (5), Targett (5), Longstaff (6), Joelinton (6), Guimaraes (6), Almiron (5), Wood (5), Saint-Maximin (6).

Subs: Wilson (5), Trippier (6), Murphy (6).

Man of the match: Kevin De Bruyne.

Pep Guardiola said: “Just before the start of game, I felt the crowd were disappointed but not grumpy and upset about who we are as a team. Three more points and three left, one competition to play. Our destiny is in our hands, win our games and we will be there.”

Guardiola said that Dias will miss the rest of the season via an injury, with Kyle Walker and John Stones also unavailable for the remaining matches. “We have just three defenders for these three games, but we will try to do it.”

Questioned how important the veteran Brazilian will be, Guardiola said: “I would say a lot.”

He added: “Otherwise I will have to play CJ [Egan-Riley] or Luke Mbete, but in this situation, it is not a problem. If Rodri has to play [at centre-back he will]. We have the academy. We have 13 players plus academy. It is what it is.”

Eddie Howe said: “Manchester City can do that to anyone, they are that good. I thought the crowd were very good for them, it was a very good atmosphere.

“We lost a runner for the first goal and we concede from two set-plays. When you consider all the ways they can score that is a no-no.

“Whenever you come here, you know you are going to concede chances. We had the first big chance of the game, unfortunately we did not take it.”

4) NORWICH v WEST HAM

West Ham thrash Norwich 4-0 at Carrow Road; Said Benrahma nets either side of Michail Antonio’s first West Ham goal since January 1; second-half Manuel Lanzini penalty rounds off an emphatic West Ham win

West Ham manager David Moyes said: “I think considering all the things that happened in midweek and how our emotions were, it was a really good result.

“I thought the team started very well and gave us a decent platform to go and work from.

“To say Thursday was a big blow wouldn’t do it justice, how we feel. So to get us back today with that result was great credit to the players.

“We could’ve played better, could’ve scored more goals. But we got the job done and got three good points. Let’s be fair, we’ve got Manchester City and Brighton to play, and Brighton have just beaten Manchester United, so that’s why I thought today was really important.

“But we’re back in it, back in there fighting and trying to be sixth or seventh with a bit of luck, and hopefully we can be back in Europe.”

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Arsenal