Accrington Stanley

Latest EFL TV selections for September revealed

Three more games have been picked in the latest EFL TV selections for January with more exciting fixtures to be broadcasted this month.

Sky Sports has announced more Sky Bet EFL matches to be televised for supporters to watch in January.

The latest batch of games have been added during the midweek round of action on Friday the 22nd of January and on Sunday the 24th of January.

Three more games have been added to the schedule for the penultimate weekend of the month, with top-six hopefuls Stoke and Watford meeting in front of the Sky Sports cameras on Friday January 22.

A double-header on Sunday January 24 will see more sides aim to prove their promotion credentials as Preston take on Reading before Middlesbrough host Blackburn.

Confirmed EFL games on Sky Sports

Sat Jan 16: Middlesbrough vs Birmingham (12.30pm)
Sat Jan 16: Barnsley vs Swansea (7.45pm)
Tues Jan 19: Derby vs Bournemouth (6pm)
Tues Jan 19: Reading vs Coventry (6pm)
Wed Jan 20: Norwich vs Bristol City (6pm)
Fri Jan 22: Stoke vs Watford (7.45pm)
Sun Jan 24: Preston vs Reading (12.30pm)
Sun Jan 24: Middlesbrough vs Blackburn (3pm)
Tues Jan 26: Ipswich vs Sunderland, 7.45pm
Fri Jan 29: Reading vs Bournemouth, 8pm
Sat Jan 30: Norwich vs Middlesbrough (12.30pm)
Sat Jan 30: Huddersfield vs Stoke (3pm)

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE
LEAGUE ONE TABLE
LEAGUE TWO TABLE

EFL chief executive David Baldwin said with fans able to watch matches from home: “There is no argument that attending live matches is what the League, its clubs and fans want to see and, clearly, the overriding objective is to get supporters back into stadiums as soon as it is safe to do so.

“In the meantime, this framework allows our clubs, if they so wish, to reward their most loyal supporters by providing what we hope is only short-term access to watch their matches.

“It’s important that whilst the doors remain fully, or part shut, we ensure there is the ability for fans of all EFL clubs to be able to gain access and watch their team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sky Sports for their support in this matter.

“Collectively, it’s not our preferred situation but given the circumstances Covid has presented us it gives us a temporary option whilst we finalise our plans for fans returning.”

Fans reacted as the latest EFL TV selections for January were revealed with more fixtures confirmed…

@edwardz22: Please no more Watford games ! It’s embarrassing for us to see Andre gray live . We be lucky to get top 6 this season

@scottydtee: After the last Blackburn vs Borough
@LScotty2706: we have had a game picked for sky. Loss incoming om sky why woild anyone pick that fixture again it was dreadful

@charliegold_rfc: Sky sports Reading love it