Accrington Stanley

Latest EFL selections for September revealed

Sky Sports has announced more EFL TV selections to be shown live in September along with the games already picked so far.

Just as we say goodbye to 2021/22, it’s time to turn our focus onto next season now that fixtures are out and pre-season is in full swing.

9 more games, all from the second tier, have been picked, again leaving fans annoyed with Leagues One and Two missed off.

LATEST PICKS

Friday 2 September – West Bromwich Albion v Burnley – 8.00pm
Sunday 4 September – Reading v Stoke City – 12.00pm
Monday 5 September – Middlesbrough v Sunderland – 8.00pm
Friday 9 September – Burnley v Norwich City – 8.00pm
Tuesday 13 September – Preston North End v Burnley – 8.00pm
Wednesday 14 September – West Bromwich Albion v Birmingham City – 8.00pm
Wednesday 14 September – Reading v Sunderland – 8.00pm
Saturday 17 September – Swansea City v Hull City – 12.30pm
Saturday 17 September – Middlesbrough v Rotherham United – 7.45pm

ALREADY PICKED

Friday 29 July – Huddersfield Town v Burnley – 8pm
Saturday 30 July – Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion – 5.30pm
Sunday 31 July – Sunderland v Coventry City – 12pm
Monday 1 August – Watford v Sheffield United – 8.00pm
Saturday 6 August – Norwich City v Wigan Athletic – 12.30pm
Monday 8 August – West Bromwich Albion v Watford – 8.00pm
Tuesday 9th August – Bradford City v Hull City – 7.45pm
Wednesday 10th August – Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland – 7.45pm
Friday 12 August – Watford v Burnley – 8.00pm
Saturday 13 August – Cardiff City v Birmingham City – 12.30pm
Tuesday 16 August – Queens Park Rangers v Blackpool – 8.00pm
Wednesday 17 August – Sheffield United v Sunderland AFC – 8.00pm
Friday 19 August – Norwich City v Millwall – 8.00pm
Sunday 21 August – Bristol City v Cardiff City – 12.00pm
Friday 26 August – Luton Town v Sheffield United – 8.00pm
Saturday 27 August – Sunderland AFC v Norwich City – 12.30pm
Tuesday 30 August – Watford v Middlesbrough – 8.00pm
Wednesday 31 August – Blackpool v Blackburn Rovers – 8.00pm

This is what Twitter users had to say on the latest EFL selections for September revealed…

@h_williams23: Boro v Sunderland on MONDAY why?!!!

@kai05080346: Making hull fans travel down for a 12:30 😍😍. Horrible

@BFCDrinkers: Or Norwich for game to finish at 10pm

@surreygas95: League 1 and 2 still don’t exist then…

@theposhfan: Cool. So when are you releasing the League 1 and 2 TV selections?

@jm_bell95: I’ll just change that for you;
📺 The latest @SkyFootball Championship selections have been confirmed.
It’s beyond a joke and the authorities don’t seem to care. Once again, League One and Two clubs who need the TV revenue are neglected #EFL

@DarlingSZN: That’s absolutely rough for Hull fans who’s gotta come down to us for a 12:30 kick off

@Hiscott: Burnley TV

@Alexnelson2004: Would care to remind you that the EFL is made up of 3 leagues not just one- seems Burnley are this years West Brom being shown 3 times a month- I wonder why, perhaps because it’s “Vincent Kompanys Burnley” as soon as a decent ex player takes charge of a team sky are all over it.

@mrtiggyb: I reply every single time with the same thing give the rights to another provider for Leagues 1 and 2 because you never select any games it’s ridiculous now

@hijiyamagasafc: SIX games on Sky Sports in a month…… wtf🤷‍♂️ #safc

@GJohnson2022: The same @SkySports that totally ignored and couldn’t give a fuck about us the last 4 years totally jumping on our bandwagon. Moving it to a Monday is absolutely shit

@ChrisHermitage: QPR survive 🙌🙌

@DaveJohnson1969: FFS. Piss off @SkySports

@StealthComic: @SkySports Is there any chance you can show just a little bit of respect to fans who travel long distances to away games? Sunderland away moved to Saturday Lunch and now this?

@alexjNAD: No TV games for #Millwall in September. Have to admit that I was very concerned about the Sunderland game being moved…

@ibboryan: @SkyFootball start putting the fans first for once! #EFL #SkySports

@Ian_M1: FFS 🤬 @SkySports, ignoring match going fans since 1992!!!

@JTedders92: Surely Sky Sports don’t see that big a viewership change when they air L1 games compared to Championship. Yet hardly ever L1 or L2 on the tele 😩 they are the team’s that need the TV revenue Sky. Look out for the game you claim to love.

@grassrootsrefJa: Don’t understand why people complain that Championship matches get picked most. Sky sports are a business not a charity

@JoeRendle: League one and two don’t exist then

@CWhitney7: @sky @SkySports Thinking of the fans again! Moving KO times and day 🤬 C*nts

@Ginger_Canary: Sky & the EFL. Always putting away fans first

@FhilipGreen: Perhaps the club’s should also think if the fans after all they are the ones pocketing the cash.

@LoTaylor23: All they care about are the people who are sitting at home watching the game while simultaneously using the SkyBet App

@hullcity_pfa: That’s an early start or overnight for Swansea one of our longest trips kicks off at 12.30

@joelshooter47: Every time I see these, I go to write a little angry tweet about how it’s only ever Championship fixtures getting picked, then remember I actually quite like not having our fixture times messed about.

@Jamie_Gaffr: Cheers guys. Really looking forward to Reading away at 12pm on a Sunday. 👍 idiots

The amount of times EFL teams have been selected by Sky Sports in the 2021/22 season

Nottingham Forest were live on Sky Sports the most times last season, a total of 22 showings while Fulham were televised on Sky 19 times, while Sheffield UnitedQueens Park Rangers and Huddersfield have been shown 18 times.

Also in double figures when it comes to showings on Sky, are the following West Brom (17), Derby (14), Bournemouth (13), Middlesbrough (13), Blackburn (11) and Luton (11).

THE REST:
SWANSEA – 9
BIRMINGHAM – 8
COVENTRY – 8
BARNSLEY – 7
STOKE – 7
HULL – 7
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY – 6
PRESTON – 6
READING – 6
SUNDERLAND – 6
MK DONS – 5
ROTHERHAM – 5
BRISTOL CITY – 4
WYCOMBE – 4
BLACKPOOL – 4
MANSFIELD – 4
PORT VALE – 4
PETERBOROUGH – 3
SWINDON – 3
PLYMOUTH – 3
CHARLTON – 2
SALFORD – 2
MILLWALL – 2
BURTON – 2
PORTSMOUTH – 2
FOREST GREEN – 2
SUTTON – 2
WIGAN – 2
NORTHAMPTON – 2
LEYTON ORIENT – 1
CHELTENHAM – 1
BOLTON – 1
DONCASTER – 1
COLCHESTER – 1
HARTLEPOOL – 1
IPSWICH – 1
CAMBRIDGE – 1
GILLINGHAM – 1
NEWPORT – 1

This list doesn’t take into account much of the games that were on the red button we believe, though we have added the cup finals and the playoffs into it.

Meanwhile, the EFL confirms its stance on a potential scrapping of the 3pm television blackout rule.

Clubs in the English Football League are to have their say about potentially scrapping the 3pm television blackout rule this summer.

The rule, which was brought into force back in the 1960s, bans live football from being shown on TV between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday. However with people’s viewing habits changing and the pandemic seeing blackout rules temporarily axed, it raises talk of Saturday 3pm games being made available to broadcast.

However, contrary to various reports, the EFL aren’t said to be actively promoting this outcome but do insist that member clubs who want change can talk about it during this summer’s AGM which takes place in June.

When football returned after the Covid break in June 2020, all EFL games were broadcast over the iFollow streaming service with fans unable to attend matches. This included those taking place at 3pm on Saturdays.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

More in Accrington Stanley