Accrington Stanley

Latest EFL selections for September revealed

Sky Sports has announced 9 more EFL TV selections to be shown live on live in Janaury along with the other games already picked.

In the lead up to Christmas, Barnsley host West Brom on Friday December 17, Middlesbrough face Bournemouth on Saturday December 18 and Fulham and Sheffield United meet at Craven Cottage on Monday December 20.

On Boxing Day, Stoke’s trip to Barnsley takes centre stage, while there is a bumper day of action on Monday December 27, with Doncaster vs Sunderland, Derby vs West Brom and QPR vs Bournemouth all set to be shown across Sky Sports.

And 2022 begins with Sheffield United vs Middlesbrough on New Year’s Day, before Swansea take on Fulham on Monday January 3.

LATEST TV PICKS:

Saturday 15 January
Luton Town v AFC Bournemouth (12.30pm)

Sunday 16 January
Hull City v Stoke City (12.00pm)

Saturday 22 January
Nottingham Forest v Derby County (12.30pm)

Monday 24 January
Blackburn Rovers v Middlesbrough (19.45pm)

Friday 28 January
Huddersfield Town v Stoke City (19.45pm)

Saturday 29 January
Peterborough United v Sheffield United (17.30pm)

Sunday 30 January
Derby County v Birmingham City (13.30pm)

Sunday 30 January
Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest (16.00pm)

Monday 31 January
Portsmouth v Charlton Athletic (19.45pm)

Already confirmed EFL games on Sky Sports Football

Friday 3 December – Fulham v AFC Bournemouth – 19:45
Saturday 4 December – Coventry City v West Bromwich Albion – 12:30
Sunday 5 December – Queens Park Rangers v Stoke City – 14:30
Tuesday 7 December – Portsmouth v Sheffield Wednesday – 19:45
Wednesday 8 December – Milton Keynes Dons v Plymouth – 19:45
Saturday 11 December – Huddersfield Town v Coventry City – 12:30
Monday 13 December – Sheffield United v Queens Park Rangers – 19:45
Friday 17 December – Barnsley v West Bromwich Albion – 19:45
Saturday 18 December – Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth – 12:30
Monday 20 December – Fulham v Sheffield United – 19:45
Sunday 26 December – Barnsley v Stoke City – 15:00
Monday 27 December – Doncaster Rovers v Sunderland – 12:30
Monday 27 December – Derby County v West Bromwich Albion – 15:00
Monday 27 December – Queens Park Rangers v AFC Bournemouth – 17:30
Thursday 30 December – Nottingham  Forest v Huddersfield Town – 19:45
Saturday 1 January – Sheffield United v Middlesbrough – 12:30
Monday 3 January – Swansea City v Fulham – 15:00
Saturday 8 January – Wycombe Wanderers v Sunderland – 12:30

In 2018, EFL agreed new TV rights deal worth £595m with Sky Sports, which will run from the start of next season until May 2024, and represents a 35 per cent increase on the current arrangement.

The then-EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “The deal we have entered into with Sky, after fully testing the current market through our external advisors, allows our clubs the benefit of financial security which was an absolute priority for us throughout this process.

It is a partnership that, as well as having the necessary financial benefits, provides the EFL with the platform to maximise reach and exposure for its competitions, alongside providing further opportunities for clubs to monetise some of those games not broadcast on television through a DTC offering.”

Fans reacted as the latest EFL TV selections for December and January are revealed, take a look at what they said, though you could probably already guess…

@AlfisaDon: wow a whole 1 game in league 1 and 0 in league 2. does sky only care about the championship?

@reganrumens: Sky tv, is fucking SHIT

@trustathinchef: Will derby still be a club?

@PaulWalford9: I hope there is a train back to Nottingham for the Cardiff game. Totally inconsiderate by Sky again…

@PsychoactiveF: Why?, why the fuck would you put Cardiff at 4 on a Sunday? That’s shit for us @SkyFootball

@00Footballlover: Derby won’t exist by then I don’t think 🤣🤣

@ltfc_callum: Oh fuck off.

@CBeurling: Bloody Sunday match.. Hate it at 12 (UK time) worst kick off time.

@ollywhitfield3: Fuck sky sports

@rikofold (on Charlton’s tweet): One of the best away trips ruined for many.

@jamierftighe (on Charlton’s tweet): Gutted, as I was looking forward to this now it’s gunna cost me 2 days leave

@emmacafc1980 (on Charlton’s tweet): Thanks sky, had booked that weekend off ffs

@stejack1664 (on Charlton’s tweet): Best away day ruined!!! Thanks Sky #CAFC

@ClareSadlier (on Charlton’s tweet): FFS! So annoying for the fans who follow the team all over the country. Makes it very complicated with school age children 😡 They were gutted at missing Morecambe and so was I. My husband went but we couldn’t without bunking off school which we weren’t prepared to do 😡 #cafc

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

More in Accrington Stanley