Accrington Stanley

Latest EFL selections for September revealed

Sky Sports has announced more EFL TV selections to be shown live in April and May along with the games already picked for the next few weeks.

The season’s end is near and the race for promotion is hotting up nicely, while the battle down the bottle is getting tense.

Leading the way in the Championship, it’s Fulham, who currently have 83 points from 39 games played, while in second it’s AFC Bournemouth, who have 72 points after 38 matches. Huddersfield, Luton, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United make up the playoffs.

Down the bottom, Derby County had been plotting their own survival, however now find themselves nine points from safety despite having a -21 point deduction. Barnsley and Peterborough also sit in the relegation zone.

The latest round of fixtures selected for live TV broadcast have been confirmed for April and May 2022.

Friday 29 April – Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield United – 1945
Monday 2 May – Salford City v Mansfield Town – 1230
Monday 2 May – Port Vale v Newport County – 1500
Monday 2 May – Fulham v Luton Town – 1715

ALREADY PICKED:

Saturday 9 April – Sheffield United v AFC Bournemouth – 1245
Monday 11 April – Huddersfield Town v Luton Town – 1945
Friday 15 April – Luton Town v Nottingham Forest – 1230
Friday 15 April – AFC Bournemouth v Middlesbrough – 1500
Friday 15 April – Huddersfield Town v Queens Park Rangers – 1730
Friday 15 April – Derby County v Fulham – 2000
Saturday 16 April – Rotherham United v Ipswich Town – 1230
Saturday 16 April – Wigan Athletic vs Cambridge United – 1715
Saturday 16 April – Milton Keynes Dons v Sheffield Wednesday – 1945
Monday 18 April – Middlesbrough v Huddersfield Town – 1230
Monday 18 April – Plymouth Argyle v Sunderland – 1500
Monday 18 April – Bristol City v Sheffield United – 1730
Monday 18 April – Nottingham Forest v West Bromwich Albion – 2000
Friday 22 April – Huddersfield Town v Barnsley – 1945
Saturday 23 April – Luton Town v Blackpool – 1230
Monday 25 April – Preston North End v Blackburn Rovers – 1930
Tuesday 26 April – Fulham v Nottingham Forest – 1945
Wednesday 27 April – Middlesbrough v Cardiff City – 1945

Twitter users gave their reaction to the latest EFL TV selections…

@Fulham09: Thank you Sky, not, now not able to go to the game as working #ffc

@Jordanator83: Sky need to get their tongue out of Salfords arse.

@darrell_ben: Why Vale vs us or us vs FGR isn’t being selected is a joke, who wants to watch Salford with there 500 fans at home 😂😂

@Michael21029421: Same old same old 🤷‍♂️

@Chris_CA2: Salford? Imagine my shock

@naggerpagger: Really @SkySportspicking Salford that’s a massive surprise.

@charlie_hufc: Salford? Would never have guessed

@OOCSTFC: Port vale vs Newport? Probs up there for lowest watched game in history

@exetercity1904: We’ve still got to play Tranmere & Northampton away. Also, Port Vale home. All chasing for the automatic places if you didn’t know. Nope, let’s choose Salford 🥴

@daveblade21: Fuck off sky you cvnts 🤬

@stgrimmers: Can’t believe I’m saying this but thank fuck QPR are back on instead of us 😂

@JOsborn_: QPR away on a friday. Fucking ridiculous

@Diskin94: FUCK YOU SKY

@chavis1910: Fuck off

@Iiamp98: Being shit lately is a blessing, no more TV 😮‍💨

@SteelMarshian: How on Earth can the integrity of the competition be maintained when you piss about with one clubs fixtures all season? Especially at such short notice.

@xanderdayy: 4 out of the last 7 games on TV not best pleased I prefer it when the focus is on other teams

PREVIOUS REACTION:

@stgrimmers: Blackpool turning into QPR amount we’re on next month

@TobyWardSmith: They haven’t chosen Bournemouth v Fulham?

@SebHTFC: Sky sports Huddersfield

@stp1995: Big afternoon on the booze ruined by Sky sports! Absolute wankers

@malstar79: Wish sky would leave us alone. Was looking forward to a decent away day.

@robertbb87: Away day ruined. Cheers @SkySports, crying now 😭

@pusb1996: No west brom for once 😂

@joshh_h2003: hahahahah why us. thought sky hates us 😂 stick fulham on tv. always good to get the money tho 🤑

@ltfcdan: What the fuck 😂

@IzzyBean91: I think this will be the last straw for my dad paying for STs. We can’t do evening games because we risk missing the last train home on evening games, we know there’s a few but it seems like a lot of our weekend home games get moved to evening slots. Beyond a joke

@danieljclarke: How has this been moved this late ?! Literally just bought non refundable hotels for the Monday night

@tgoddard21: Great, so the tickets go on sale yesterday, and you move the match today? A group of us all arranged and had the day free, my dad coming from Cornwall for the match, now just casually moved after we’ve all bought tickets. Unbelievable.

@josh94HTFC: What’s a Saturday kick off

@Huddersfield24: This is getting fucking ridiculous now! We have missed Saturday football for so long and here goes another one!!! It’s not just SKY it’s the club being greedy as well instead of thinking about the fans. It’s pointless being a season ticket holder now, it either £5/10 or on TV

@JE22_JCK: Someone at sky needs sacking

@TerrierEmz: That’s me missing a game then again due to work. Cheers Sky

@lewiishall: Getting ridiculous now

@stfcjosh: No league two, what a surprise

@AshleyAnten: The one time we get put on sky and I asked for good Friday off 😣

@Mayhew10Stephen: League 2 not exist then? You’re a genuine embarrassment 👍

@Jakey_Boyz: Don’t blame you not picking any more League 2 after last night

@OxfChaz: 4 league one games. You feeling alright lads?

@Alexnelson2004: You do realise on easter Monday there is a relegation 6 pointer guys? No you won’t see that because a big team isn’t involved and nothing can get in the way for your love of a big team with money *cough cough West Brom*

@harassed_daddy: Thank christ blackburn ain’t been picked. We might actually win a game now 🙄

@Fazza69: Sky once again think of the Forest fans with these!!! #nffc

@FrancoVolpe15: Can MK and Sheff Wed both tell sky to f**k right off ?

@HufcHarry: Take the piss you lot

@dhassallwafc: Scabs

@JimCartmell7: we’ve cockblocked wba and sky ahaha that’s hilarious. one of the only games they don’t have one telly is us

@Ben_Mattin1: They’ve had their one league 2 game of the season then

@CraigLadson: Just fuck off Sky.

@carlyblade: What a horrible set of….

@OwlPricey: Oh fuck off

@Mustardinho: Plymouth away on the tele, midweek session in Town on the cards when we wallop them 4 nowt

@CraigGo30984620: Bit of a farce that all 3 fixtures in the race for the autos (which is getting more interesting by the week) are on at different times…..

@bfdbannon: What’s League 2?

@tlmfootball: us and Oxford not big enough to get a TV game 🙁

@Joe93854993: 4 league 1 games. That’s a record 😳

@MartynPhillips1: Zero @SkyBetLeagueTwo.

@GabrielRea7: Argyle on TV and it’s not a 3pm game holy shit

@tylerpodmore: I’m surprised they’ve not put the Luton game live on sky! Been live the last like 5 meetings 😂 glad it isn’t tho

@derbydaniel: A few days later than they should’ve been announced, which is not ideal for planning especially at Easter, Sky were always likely to select the Fulham game. A potential promotion and/or relegation match. #dcfcfans

@itskenzmoore: who the fuck wants to watch wigan v cambridge

@WallaceEMann: No League Two?

@juancl78:
Ffs 5:30pm kick off at Bristol
Just what I needed thanks @SkySports 🙄

@HarryCallaghan_: re we not in the playoff race? 😂 #oufc

@OwenReeman3:
Sky showing four league 1 games! Are they feeling alright?
*insert Peep show ‘four naan’ meme

@BenStokes2: Neglecting league 2 when there’s one of the most exciting battles for promotion in a very long time 👍🏻

@tylerontherun: League 2 is separated from 2nd to 9th by 6 points, but not a single game… give the broadcasting rights to someone else man

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

More in Accrington Stanley