Accrington Stanley

FA Cup Quarter Final TV selections confirmed

The much anticipated latest batch of FA Cup Third Round TV selections have been confirmed, coming just days after the draw was made.

A total of four non-league sides made it into Monday night’s draw and will join the EFL clubs as well as the Premier League and Championship teams that enter this stage of the competition.

It was made prior to live coverage of the tie between Isthmian League club Canvey Island and National League side Boreham Wood.

The Third Round Proper ties are to played over the weekend of the 9th of January 2021, with Premier League and Championship sides joining the competition from the Third Round as they would usually do.

LATEST FA CUP PICKS

24 matches will be live across BBC and BT Sport platforms, with the remaining eight fixtures exclusively delivered to homes by Deliveroo via The FA Player, the Football Association write.

The following eight fixtures are the primary match selections for broadcast on BBC and BT Sport, with the FA live broadcast fee for these fixtures being £75,000 per club:

FRIDAY 8 JANUARY 2021
Aston Villa v Liverpool (7.45pm*) – BT Sport 1

SATURDAY 9 JANUARY 2021
Chorley v Derby County (12.15pm) – BT Sport 1
Arsenal v Newcastle United (5.30pm) – BBC One
Manchester United v Watford (8pm) – BT Sport 1

SUNDAY 10 JANUARY 2021
Crawley Town v Leeds United (1.30pm) – BBC One
Marine v Tottenham Hotspur (5pm) – BBC One
Newport County v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm) – BT Sport 1

MONDAY 11 JANUARY 2021
Stockport County v West Ham United (8pm) – BT Sport 1

BBC and BT Sport’s 16 secondary match selections – which will be made available across a combination of digital platforms and linear red button services – and the eight additional matches on The FA Player will be announced in due course.

Winning clubs in the FA Cup Third Round will receive £61,500 from the prize fund, with losing clubs receiving £20,500.

SECOND ROUND RESULTS:

Friday 27th November 2020
FT Tranmere Rovers (0) 1-0 (0) Brackley Town

Saturday 28th November 2020
FT Bradford City (1) 1-2 (1) Oldham Athletic
FT (AET) Cheltenham Town (1) 2-1 (0) Crewe Alexandra
FT Gillingham (1) 2-3 (3) Exeter City
FT Harrogate Town (0) 0-4 (0) Blackpool
FT (AET) Morecambe (0) 4-2 (1) Solihull Moors
FT Newport County (0) 3-0 (0) Salford City
FT Peterborough United (1) 1-2 (0) Chorley
FT Plymouth Argyle (1) 2-0 (0) Lincoln City
FT Portsmouth (2) 6-1 (0) King’s Lynn Town

Sunday 29th November 2020
FT AFC Wimbledon (1) 1-2 (1) Crawley Town
FT Barnet (0) 0-1 (0) Milton Keynes Dons
FT Bristol Rovers (4) 6-0 (0) Darlington
FT Carlisle United (0) 1-2 (2) Doncaster Rovers
FT (AET) Mansfield Town (1) 2-1 (1) Dagenham & Redbridge
FT (AET) Marine (0) 1-0 (0) Havant & Waterlooville
FT (AET) Shrewsbury Town (0) 1-0 (0) Oxford City
FT Stevenage (0) 1-1 (0) Hull City – Stevenage win 6-5 on penalties
FT (AET) Stockport County (1) 3-2 (1) Yeovil Town

Monday 30th November 2020
FT Canvey Island 0-3 Boreham Wood

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE
LEAGUE ONE TABLE
LEAGUE TWO TABLE

THIRD ROUND DRAW

Huddersfield v Plymouth
Southampton v Shrewsbury
Chorley v Derby County
Marine v Tottenham Hotspur
Wolves v Crystal Palace
Stockport County v West Ham
Oldham Athletic v AFC Bournemouth
Manchester United v Watford
Stevenage v Swansea City
Everton v Rotherham
Nottingham Forest v Cardiff
Arsenal v Newcastle
Barnsley v Tranmere Rovers
Bristol Rovers v Sheffield United
Boreham Wood v Millwall
Blackburn Rovers v Doncaster Rovers
Stoke City v Leicester City
Wycombe Wanderers v Preston North End
Crawley Town v Leeds United
Burnley v MK Dons
Bristol City v Portsmouth
QPR v Fulham
Aston Villa v Liverpool
Brentford v Middlesbrough
Manchester City v Birmingham City
Luton Town v Reading
Chelsea v Morecambe
Exeter City v Sheff Wed
Norwich City v Coventry City
Blackpool v West Brom
Newport County v Brighton
Cheltenham Town v Mansfield Town

Boreham Wood and Stockport County join National League North team Chorley, who beat Peterborough and eighth-tier Marine, who scored a 120th-minute winner to shock 10-man Havant and Waterlooville.

The 32 winning clubs at this stage collecting £82,000 from the competition’s prize fund.

National League North club Chorley managed to knock out League One high flyers Peterborough United in an FA Cup shock on Saturday.

The Magpies trailed 1-0 at the break but goals from Connor Hall and Lewis Baines have seen Jamie Vermiglio’s side pull off another upset.

Posh, who sit second in the League One table, put out a strong side, and they had reached the third round in 13 of the past 14 seasons.

Connor Hall notched the equaliser for the non league club, before Lewis Baines put the Magpies ahead shortly afterwards.

The visitors then missed a penalty, but progressed to the third round anyway – adding Peterborough the the first-round scalp of Wigan Athletic.

Unbelievably, Darren Ferguson’s side were second best for much of the game.

Vermiglio, whose club were relegated from the National League last season after winning just four of their 38 games, said: “It’s a monumental achievement that we can treasure and I’m a very proud man.

“It wasn’t lucky either. What a performance we produced after going behind so early on.

“Technically we were good, tactically we were good and the set-pieces were absolutely on point, but we also had the heart, spirit and endeavour you need to get through an FA Cup tie in abundance.

“We had a good sing-song in the dressing room after the game and I’m sure we’ll celebrate on the coach home. It’s a long journey anyway but we might get the driver to go round the block a few times too.

“The boys have written themselves a piece of history that no-one can ever take away and it’s fantastic after what we’ve been through as a club over the last 12 months.”

A deserved mention also for Marine who also make it through to the next round, from the eighth tier and knocking out Havant & Waterlooville to face a Premier League club in Tottenham at home. What a dream.

Fans reacted as the latest FA Cup Third Round TV selections were confirmed, see what they said below…

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

More in Accrington Stanley