Accrington Stanley

FA Cup Quarter Final TV selections confirmed

FA Cup Fourth Round TV selections are revealed and it’s sure to be yet another exciting round with some very tasty ties to watch.

There are a total of five fixtures which will be live across the BBC, with 11 ties broadcast on BT Sport.

The announcement comes after the third round saw a total of 21million viewers across BBC and BT Sport’s linear channels as well as The FA Player.

The following eight fixtures are the main match picks for broadcast on the BBC and BT Sport. Clubs will get a live broadcast fee of up to £85,000 per club.

Friday 22 January

  • Chorley v Wolves (7.45pm) – Live on BT Sport 1

Saturday 23 January

  • Southampton or Shrewsbury Town v Arsenal (12.15pm) – Live on BT Sport 1
  • Cheltenham Town v Manchester City (5.30pm) – Live on BBC One

Sunday 24 January

  • Chelsea v Luton Town (12pm) – Live on BBC One
  • Brentford v Leicester City (2.30pm) – Live on BT Sport 1
  • Manchester United v Liverpool (5pm) – Live on BBC One
  • Everton v Sheffield Wednesday (8pm) – Live on BT Sport 1

Monday 25 January

  • Wycombe Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur (7.45pm) – Live on BT Sport 1

The remaining FA Cup fourth round fixtures have been picked for broadcast across the BBC and BT Sport’s digital platforms and linear red button services. The Football Association’s live broadcast fee for these matches is £42,500 per club.

Saturday 23 January

  • Sheffield United v Plymouth Argyle (3pm) – Live on BBC Digital Platforms
  • West Ham United v Doncaster Rovers (3pm) – Live on BBC Digital Platforms
  • AFC Bournemouth v Crawley Town (3pm) – Live on BT Sport Extra 2
  • Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool (3pm) – Live on BT Sport Extra 3
  • Swansea City v Nottingham Forest (3pm) – Live on BT Sport Extra 4
  • Barnsley v Norwich City (3pm) – Live on BT Sport Extra 5
  • Millwall v Bristol City (3pm) – Live on BT Sport Extra 6

Sunday 24 January

  • Fulham v Burnley (2.30pm) – Live on BT Sport Extra 2

Winning clubs at this stage of the competition will receive £67,500 from the competition’s prize fund, with losing clubs receiving £22,500.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE
LEAGUE ONE TABLE
LEAGUE TWO TABLE

Fans gave their reaction after seeing the latest FA Cup TV selections…

@TimBolton01: Chelsea vs Luton. Wow. What an enthralling tie.

@theshrew88: Chorley vs Wolves should have been on BBC not Chelsea easy peasy lemon squezzy tie against Luton

@PaulofLutonAC: Chelsea V Luton is obviously your choice for an upset and I think you have that right. Come on you Hatters

@HUGEWolf: On the proper BT channel this time so no need for dodgy, Portuguese commentary

@magomes466727: West Ham v Doncaster Rovers is on BT Sport 1 am i right? I am surprised by the BBC Sport not selecting that game – wow! Chelsea v Luton should not be live on BBC Sport as no one cares about that one be a one sided game trust me!

@HJJ92_: Sheff Weds at home at 8pm on a Sunday night. What a shite time.

@simonjv1878: Sunday at 8pm fuck me thought this was the fa cup not El Classico

@Capo_2nd: Was hoping for chorley v wolves on the BBC…. oh well

@StevenSOS1987: You can tell Cardiff are out if BBC Wales have chosen to put us on live

@Ashley_SCFC: We’re huge *And the only Welsh team left

@EFC_Mike79: That Brentford v Leicester game could be a cracker, Brentford are a good little team to watch

@adamsummerton: Very glad to be making another trip to Victory Park, cracking tie – let’s hope the @chorleyfc ground staff don’t have to sleep underneath the stars this time though!

@HG1878: 8pm on a Sunday kick off should be illegal. Sorry that’s when I should be relaxing not being pissed off with Everton.

@YidBuckler: Why on earth are we playing Monday night when we don’t have a game next midweek, and then we play Thursday. Fucking shambles

@DuaneFlibble: Why did you put Spurs Monday night before Thursday’s game v Liverpool? Don’t tell me there isn’t anything corrupt within football in this country again. Especially after a referee fully admitted bias towards Fergie and United.

@WLuker97: Well I certainly know what will be on my TV screen come half 5 on Saturday 23rd January! Biggest cup tie for the Robins and live on BBC One! Doesn’t get any better than that! #ctfc #FACup

@HungryHatter: Blimey, we’re on BBC One!

@TonyGreenall4: Thankfully #DRFC at West Ham on the Beeb online rather than the disastrous FA Player.

@jamie23699: Should’ve stuck the Bournemouth Crawley game in the Cheltenham City slot.. much more interesting game

@TEBickley: Disappointed that the BBC are showing Manchester Utd vs Liverpool rather than Chorley vs Wolves. Potential giant killing over an all PL clash with second teams playing…I’m sure @GaryLineker or @mrdanwalker were relishing their trip to Lancashire!

@mattyadders: More cash even if we lose. Very welcomed indeed, although TV fee considerably less than 12 months ago

What do you make of the latest FA Cup TV selections? Let us know by commenting below or on our socials.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

More in Accrington Stanley