Bradford City

VIDEO: 10 arrests made after Swindon Town fans attack Bradford City coach

10 arrests have been made after Swindon Town fans decided to attack a coach carrying Bradford City supporters following the match.

The incident happened near the Magic Roundabout after the Robins’ 3-1 home defeat to the Bantams last year on the 23rd of October.

Footage of what happened (as seen below) quickly went viral, getting over 100,000 views, with the culprits seen in the clip getting heavily mocked.

A Wiltshire Police spokesperson said: “We have made 10 arrests today in connection with disorder following the Swindon Town home match against Bradford City.

“Those held were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder, as part of an ongoing operation throughout Swindon after home supporters were seen to attack the coach carrying away fans following the game on October 23.

“More arrests related to this disorder are likely to follow tomorrow.”

Inspector James Neighbour said: “The sort of violent behaviour that was witnessed following this match is absolutely unacceptable.

“We are determined to robustly tackle such behaviour and ensure that those involved answer for their actions.

“Football-related violence has no place in the game and we are working closely with Swindon Town Football Club to ensure that these sorts of incidents, which can ruin the experience for real fans, are stamped out.”

Anyone with information about the disorder on October 23, near the Magic Roundabout is asked to call 101.

The League Two match itself saw Swindon Town put in a below-par performance for the hosts as Bradford’s Theo Robinson scored for the first time since April.

Caolan Lavery gave the visitors the lead in the 16th minute as a long-throw in from Oscar Threlkeld disrupted the home defence and the striker tucked his effort into the bottom corner with his back to goal.

Swindon defender Romoney Crichlow struggled with a formation change and was largely at fault as Bradford grabbed a second just before the break.

A cross from Matthew Foulds couldn’t be cleared as Andy Cook’s close-range shot bounced back off the post, only for Levi Sutton to produce a tap-in to double the away side’s advantage.

Former Swindon man Robinson came off the bench to put more misery on his former side with a curling shot from the edge of the box beating Joseph Wollacott to make it 3-0.

Jack Payne slotted home a spot kick with just over 10 minutes remaining however it had no impact on the final result as Ben Garner’s men suffered a third home defeat of the season..

Social media users gave their reaction with 10 arrests made after Swindon Town fans attack the Bradford City coach…

@scottyfroggatt: They would wet their pants if the coach actually stopped 😂

@vikingdave6: How they were running looked like their nappies were full.

@snaggle44: People stood at the bus stop looked harder 🤣🤣🤣

@OUFCGoldenBoy: Best mob they’ve ever had to be fair.

@JamieD_STFC: Fucking embarrassment 🤦🏻‍♂️

@GerryGowsTash: Fuck me – Mongs don’t do it justice

@Mason_bcafc: Silly cunts 😂

@snaggle44: Fucking muppets!!

@AlexBurke1: They’re all a bit backwards in Swindon arent they

@OOCSwindonTown: New green street looks abit shit

@b3nsterb3n: I’d be laughing my head off at them. The Wiltshire Weapons 😂

Monty’s Double: Ban them for life if convicted!

Smile2Pete: Absolutely, there can be no excuses.

stranglers: Idiots, not welcome at the Country Ground.

Dosomethingmutley: Not fans, just pathetic, idiotic thugs. At least now they will have banning orders from every football ground, hopefully for many years!

Doctor red: They are Morons and not true fans of Swindon Town!

TheMoravian: Why do football “fans” act this way? I’ve been to see a range of sports live and the only times when I’ve felt unsafe are football games. The events at Wembley when The Euro’s Final took place being a prime example of how bad football is.

Swindonxx: I think this is what football is about. It shows passion within the fans. It makes football what it is.

Born Slippy: Not passion, just idiotic thuggish behaviour usually fuelled by a substance of one type or another.

Truth Tell: Little men, sorry I mean boys.

callumbus: Sad person if he thinks it’s ok to cause damage and possible injury. Not showing passion just identifying himself as a complete prat

More in Bradford City