fbpx
Connect with us

Championship

PHOTOS: Away Fans in the Stands – 20th July 2022

Time for photos of away fans in the stands, we will be taking a look at all the different ones at this week’s English football matches.

Thankfully we are seeing a less disrupted schedule this summer for our sides when it comes to Covid those there is a sudden rise again in cases, however life goes on and we’re seeing lots of travelling supporters attending fixtures up and down the country with pre-season in full swing.

During a very difficult time for everyone, clubs have been welcoming back full crowds and get back to hearing some noise to make what football is all about.

The away day experience is one of the very best parts of following your own team, and although your alarm may be set for times of the day that, frankly, should never be seen, you still excitedly cram onto coaches or overpriced trains, and the whole experience, regardless of result, is still one you’ll always remember.

As long as trains and buses are on time, the pre-match pint and grub is a vital part of the whole match day experience.

It may be tough to find a pub without hostile home fans, but it’s always possible to duck into a nice little ‘boozer’ for a bevvy before kick-off.

While much of the ‘away day’ experience takes place out of the stadium, the ground itself always plays a big part.

The days of old in which away fans were in roof-less terraces being battered by the elements are becoming a distant memory – albeit they are still a problem at some settings – with modern stadia now spacious and comfortable.

Right then, time to take a look at all those away fans in the stands, pre-season edition…

QPR fans at Wealdstone

LEICESTER CITY fans at Hull City

BARNSLEY fans at Harrogate Town

Image

Image

BLACKBURN ROVERS fans at Hartlepool United

Image

LUTON TOWN fans at Peterborough United

Image

READING fans at AFC Wimbledon

Image

CARDIFF CITY fans at Shrewsbury Town

Image

NORWICH CITY fans at Cambridge United

Image

WEST HAM fans at Rangers

Image

WEST BROM fans at Oxford United

Image

COVENTRY CITY fans at Walsall

Image

CRYSTAL PALACE fans at Gillingham

Image

ROTHERHAM UNITED fans at Doncaster Rovers

Image

BIRMINGHAM CITY fans at Cheltenham Town

WIGAN ATHLETIC fans at Accrington Stanley

Image

DERBY COUNTY fans at Stevenage

SUNDERLAND fans at Bradford City

Image

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE fans at Torquay United

Image

NEWCASTLE UNITED fans in Austria (vs MAINZ 05)

Image

BLACKPOOL fans at Salford City

LINCOLN CITY fans at Grimsby Town

SOUTHEND UNITED fans at Colchester United

After stepping into the field
there is no way out
even before you start the game
you hear the fans shout

The players then sings their anthem
its football……
the most beautiful game…..

And when the whistle blows
the crowd starts their roar
in the 90 tensed minutes
the players got to score

Football is friendly only in name
because friendliness is not meant for football….
the most beautiful game….

So when the hard tackles go in
and injured fellow goes out
the crowd becomes furious
and starts to shout

Even after breaking one’s leg
there seems to be no shame
because its football….
the most beautiful game….

Poem by Rohan Roy

The beckoning floodlights
still work their magic,
mid slight chill,
scarf snug round the neck.
Blood pulses through arteries,
moving as it should. Heart lifts
with every step towards the stadium.

An old pal texts me from
another game up north.
The name rings a bell.
He’s at a club where my job
was to phone over a few pars
for the Saturday Pink
from a kiosk outside the ground.

Games that I didn’t give a toss about,
dictated to a bored copy taker,
wishing I was somewhere else,
roaring my own team on to promotion.
But then, I remember Larkin’s sigh
it wasn’t the place’s fault I didn’t care.
A goalless draw can happen anywhere.

Poem by Greg Freeman

Click to comment

Leave a Reply