Burnley

Fans left in stitches at what Alioski did on the 73rd minute of Leeds win vs Burnley

Fans were left in stitches at what Alioski did on the 73rd minute of Leeds United’s comfortable win vs Burnley on Saturday.

The Whites found an opener just before half time and it all started from Diego Llorente winning the ball back in his own half.

Leeds broke with pace, Mateusz Klich was able to carry it all the way to the edge of the box and the Burnley players didn’t engage with one another.

Patrick Bamford made a decoy run to his right but Klich smacked it from the edge of the box and the ball flies into the bottom right corner.

Leeds doubled their lead on the 59th minute, a corner came out to Ezgjan Alioski on the edge of the box. He striked it well but look certain to go wide.

However, in comes Jack Harrison who got in front of his marker and flicked it into the corner, past Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Leeds dominated the second half of that opening 45 minutes but still only had two shots on target. The goal and Patrick Bamford’s early strike from a tight angle which Bailey Peacock-Farrell saved comfortably.

Other than that, Peacock-Farrell hasn’t had too much to do. A moment of quality from Mateusz Klich but Leeds have put in a few dangerous crosses.

On the 72nd minute, the two managers were having a chat with referee Graham Scott. He was called over by the fourth official and they looked in deep conversation.

Then Scott went back on the pitch to chat to Ezgjan Alioski and also called over Leeds captain Luke Ayling.

On a replay, it looked like Dwight McNeil wasn’t happy with the way Ezgjan Alioski went down near the touchline.

He complained and Alioski immediately got back up and in true Alioksi fashion then stuck his tongue out at him.

Three minutes after, Jack Harrison fizzed in a superb ball to Rodrigo on the edge of the box.

His first touch took him past Ben Mee and James Tarkowski in one movement…

…when Bailey Peacock-Farrell came out to close him down, Rodrigo coolly chipped it over him.

That was followed up with Kalvin Phillips pulling off a worldie pass out to Jack Harrison on the left. Harrison fed it into Rodrigo and he rounded the keeper before placing it into an empty net.

Two minutes and seven seconds was all it took for Rodrigo to double Leeds’ lead.

A flurry of Burnley chances played out, however none could find the net and the full time whistle blew on an impressive performances by Marcelo Bielsa’s side.

PLAYER RATINGS (WhoScored)

BURNLEY

5.2 – Peacock-Farrell
6.7 – Lowton
6.5 – Mee
6.4 – Tarkowski
6.4 – Taylor
6.1 – Brownhill
5.9 – Cork
6.6 – Westwood
6.0 – udmundsson
6.0 – Barnes
6.2 – Rodriguez
6.2 – Wood (subbed off)
6.3 – Vydra (subbed off)
6.2 – McNeil (subbed off)

LEEDS

7.8 – Meslier
7.1 – Ayling
7.5 – Struijk
7.2 – Llorente
7.0 – Alioski
6.9 – Phillips
6.8 – Dallas
9.2 – Harrison
8.1 – Rodrigo
6.3 – Roberts
6.3 – Bamford (subbed off)
7.6 – Klich (subbed off)
7.5 – Raphinha (subbed off)

Leeds goalscorer Rodrigo speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “Very happy for the goal and the victory. We are having an amazing season, we are playing excellent games.

“I try to get in behind the defenders. We know they are a tough team and a top defence so I’m happy to get the two goals today.”

On his goals: “Beautiful goal, the first one, good pass from Jack [Harrison], it was a tight space but found a way to get the advantage and get the goal.

“We have an amazing group, good atmosphere during the week, the whole season was amazing for us after we got promoted last season. Very happy for the team and for the club and I hope the fans are proud of us this season.”

Leeds United midfielder Mateusz Klich: “Burnley away is a very tough place. They are a difficult side to play against but we had our chances and won 4-0.

“When you score just before half-time and having the lead in the second half in the back of your mind is good. We knew they would come strong in second half. They did but we got more chances because they had to open up.

“In the last two seasons we played more games when we were not in the Premier League so we are fine. We play high intensity but the squad is getting stronger. As you can see we can still run and are fine.

“I can’t wait [for fans to come back] especially for the boys who have not played with the fans. It will be big for them.”

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa speaking to BT Sport: “In the first half we insisted until we managed to score, defended well, in the second half we didn’t defend as well but we were efficient and had chances at goal.

“Big spaces it’s easier to attack, and when the opponent is losing they take more risks, but as you can see we conceded chances in the second half that we didn’t in the first.”

On decision to bring Patrick Bamford off for Rodrigo: “Rodrigo drops deep a bit more than Bamford, in the beginning of the second half we needed to link the defence with the attack more.”

On goalkeeper Illan Meslier: “He’s a goalkeeper who has grown throughout the campaign, you don’t notice the age that he is because he looks a lot more experienced than his age.”

On the rest of the season: “We will see how the results play out because there are very few points left to play for.”

Burnley boss Sean Dyche speaking to BBC Sport: “We had a big emotional result on Monday. We gave the players and couple of days off and started ever so brightly.

“We conceded against the flow of the game from a kind of Leeds moment when the game gets stretched. And then it was kind of one of those strange halves where you think we are not a million miles away. They get an early goal and we have two golden chances and we don’t take them and they do.

“There was not much in the game but they were very clinical and we weren’t.

“It’s hard to tinker when you haven’t got many players. Mostly we carry around 20 players and there’ve been times when we’ve had seven injuries so it’s been a bit stretched let’s say.

“We have got 39 points and earned the right to be in the Premier League. We need to build. I really like the club record of being in the Premier League season on season.

“Different results can happen, fans have not been in stadiums there have been lots of different things [to contend with].

On the referee speaking to both managers and captains: “There was a report made to the referee about an incident on the pitch, reported by one of my players.”

As mentioned, fans left in stitches at what Alioski did on the 73rd minute of Leeds United’s 4-0 win vs Burnley, check out what they had to say below…

@adamtaglietti: Alioski never leave #lufc

@bushwicknycfc: Alioski on some Clint Dempsey vibes

@CraigyK81: I’m gonna miss the shithousery from Alioski next year #lufc

@Jack_Webb95: Give Alioski a life contract honestly. What a bloke πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚