fbpx
Connect with us

Non League

8th tier club announce voluntary relegation in statement on their future after final game of season

8th tier club Loughborough Dynamo announce voluntary relegation in a statement on their future after their final game of the 2023/24 season.

Loughborough lost 6-0 away on Saturday, against a Harborough Town side who had been top of the league for much of the season but had 6 points deducted recently which fielding an ineligible player in two games, finishing 3rd with 85 points after 38 games, and 4 points from leaders Spalding, meaning Harborough missed out on the title because of the punishment.

The result also left Loughborough Dynamo on 62 points from 38 games played, 4 points behind Quorn who qualified for the playoffs.

But shortly after the final whistle, Loughborough issued a statement on their future, meaning they have left the league, are going back to grassroots and now questions are asked on whether it means a reprieve for AFC Rushden & Diamonds who were relegated on goal difference on the final day having also been level on points with Rugby Town, Cambridge City and Coventry Sphinx… fair to say quite the end to the season in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division.

Chairman Darren Rodgers makes a statement.

To all loyal Loughborough Dynamo Football Club volunteers, supporters, management and players.

As you are all aware, Loughborough Dynamo Football Club has stood shoulder to shoulder with the top teams in the league and will finish in the clubs highest position ever.

LDFC has a unique and proud history within the game and is well respected for its integrity on and off the pitch.

Taking all factors into consideration, this season has identified the strain that possible promotion could place on the club.

With this in mind and the current stresses that step four places on us, Loughborough Dynamo has decided to take a step back to grassroots football and is setting up a community interest club (CIC).

This approach has been carefully devised with a local benefactor and the local council who seek to enhance the infrastructure at Nanpantan Sports Ground with the goal of fostering a thriving community capable of forging a sustainable future for LDFC.

I would like to thank everyone who has been on this brilliant journey so far and we look forward to a bright and exciting future for the club.

Darren Rodgers

A statement from the Club Management Team

In light of the Club’s recent announcement that they intend to resign from the Northern Premier League with immediate effect our position at the Club has become untenable. As a result we have made the difficult decision to stand down from our respective positions as Manger and Assistant Manager of Loughborough Dynamo F.C. following the final First Team game of the 2023-2024 season.

We would like to thank the Board of Directors for giving us the opportunity to manage this wonderful community club and for all of the support they have shown us during our tenure.

The positive manner in which club officials, supporters and players accepted us on our appointment has manifested itself in the most successful season the Club has ever had in the Football Pyramid System.

To the players who have achieved this remarkable success we would like to say, “Thank you for your hard work, commitment and loyalty — as well your acceptance of our standards and principles.”

To know we are leaving the Club after its best ever finish in the Northern Premier League Midland Division fills us with immense pride. We hope everyone connected to the Club has enjoyed the exciting, attacking, fast flowing brand of football that has become our ‘trade mark’.

Again, thank you everyone for your support. We wish all connected to the Club the very best and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best wishes. Tom Hayes John Ramshaw

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Loughborough Dynamo FC (@loughboroughdynamo)

This is how fans reacted as the 8th tier club announce voluntary relegation in a statement on their future after the final game of season…

@YouYeltz: What the hell, man. Just cut your cloth and play within your means. Don’t just give up your club’s reputation and everything you built over the last few years. Feel for your fans – this is disastrous on the face of it.

@robertscottbcfc: I know of the chairmen. His a top guy and gone above and beyond on this. Smashing bloke and means nothing but well. This is football these days and unless the crowd or sponsors are there is ducking solid!

@GazMan16: Horrible to see clubs go through this feel for all those fans who now have no football to watch. You will be welcome @ShepshedDynamo with open arms. #footballfamily

@rjbrook76: Feel sorry for the fans who obviously haven’t been aware of this plan or consulted about it

@davo261088: Such a shame this has had to happen.

@ryan_kelly23: Real shame for the fans and everyone connected with the club. Like your statement says you’ve battled at the top end of the table all season. Hopefully you can continue within the pyramid.

@Jack_langston_6: What a great club! Such a shame 😔

@WardPeter2372: So sad to hear of the clubs situation I know personally what it takes to run a step 4 side I hope whatever the club decide that people like Darren And all the volunteers have worked extremely hard at the club and hope the club can recover and go again best wishes Wardy

@duncanwallis1: I genuinely can’t believe this. Very sad and feel very sorry for all the volunteers who have worked so hard to get the club to a level which most of us didn’t think possible.

@William07097811: I think it’s the missing information that makes this situation so painful. Has *every* option been tried to avoid this massive drop? Has the club tried and failed to find new owners/investment, and this is the result? If so, tell us! People would be far more understanding.

@fegan_kevi56852: This just doesn’t make sense? Where’s the ambition what’s the actual point of the club and end goal? All well being a community club and being sustainable but this is just stupid

@andyhughes1610: This shouldn’t ever be allowed, announcing this on the last day of the season is bullshit. From Step 4 to Sunday League what a wanker Mr Rodgers is!

@jonsmithUC: An absolute tragedy. Truly appalling news for the club fans.

Click to comment