With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
– According to the Northern Echo, Newcastle United will sell or loan out striker Dwight Gayle in the summer transfer window. Fulham and West Bromwich Albion are both interested.
– Ipswich Town are again being linked with Portsmouth keeper Craig MacGillivray, who is a free agent after Pompey failed to take up a one-year option on his contract this summer. Charlton also interested.
– Crystal Palace’s Connor Wickham will be released by the Eagles this summer – he was last season linked with all of Birmingham City, Bristol City and Derby County.
– According to the latest report from the Sheffield Star, forward Jonathan Kodjia would be open to the prospect of returning to the Championship this summer and link up with Sheffield United if he were to come in with offers for them.
– Norwegian outlet VG have claimed that Aston Villa and Newcastle have joined the race to sign striker Josh King. The forward is set to leave Everton on a free transfer this summer after just six months at Goodison Park – and the race is hotting up for his signature. Celtic also interested as Norwich end their interest.
– Nottingham Forest right-back Jordan Gabriel has summer interest from Blackpool and Portsmouth, according to The Mirror.
– Oxford United manager Karl Robinson has acknowledged that left-back Josh Ruffels is likely to leave the club with the John Smith’s Stadium a potential destination. A deal is said to be ‘close’ but is not complete yet and Huddersfield Town are believed to face competition from Luton Town and Nottingham Forest for Ruffels’ signature with his contract set to expire at the end of this month.
– Doncaster Rovers have ended negotiations with Jason Lokilo over a new contract, the Free Press understands.
– Wycombe Wanderers are the latest club to be linked with Crewe forward Owen Dale. Journalist Alan Nixon reports the Chairboys have made a move for the 22 year old but says the ‘low offer’ won’t interest the Alex. Sunderland, Ipswich, Preston and Blackburn also interested after an outstanding season in which he scored 12 goals and was named League One player of the month for December.
– Ipswich Town are reportedly eyeing up a loan move for Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher this summer.
– Blackpool have opened talks with Leeds United about signing Oliver Casey, Football Insider exclusively reveal.
– Queens Park Rangers are in talks to sign Andre Dozzell from Ipswich Town but, according to West London Sport, Macauley Bonne is not heading in the other direction.
– Stoke City are not going to be able to afford the sort of fee that would be required to sign Peterborough United forward Jonson Clarke-Harris this summer, according to Peterborough Today. The forward having fired in 31 goals in 45 League One appearances for Peterborough last term. West Brom, Sheffield United and Rangers are interested.
– Wolverhampton Wanderers stopper Matija Sarkic has emerged as a transfer target for Coventry City this summer, per the Coventry Telegraph.
– Peterborough United, Millwall and Fulham are the latest sides to be linked with a move for Motherwell star Allan Campbell. The ex-Scotland U21 international is expected to leave his club in pursuit of a new challenge this summer. (Football Insider)
– Napoli are interested in signing midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa from Fulham, a report from Italian outlet CalcioMercato has claimed.
– Derby County continue to be linked with a loan move for Newcastle United midfielder Matty Longstaff. The 21-year-old’s name was constantly paired with a potential move to the Rams in the last summer transfer window and ahead of the January window.
– Cardiff City are said to be eyeing a swoop for Rotherham United striker Freddie Ladapo, following the Millers’ relegation back down to League One. The 28-year-old scored nine Championship goals last season. The Bluebirds are also looking at Uche Ikpeazu. (Wales Online)
– Derby County have been tipped to launch a move for free agent winger Josh Bowler, following his release from Everton. The 22-year-old spent the 2019/20 campaign on loan with Hull City, in the season that saw them drop into the third tier. (Hull Daily Mail)
– Sheffield Wednesday defender Julian Borner has reportedly agreed a contract with German side Hannover 96, according to Bild.
– Middlesbrough continue to keep tabs on Denver Hume and Charlie Wyke as they weigh up whether to move for the out-of-contract Sunderland duo, a source has exclusively revealed to Football League World.
– Portsmouth are keen on doing a deal for Luton Town’s Joe Morrell, although the player is not going to make a decision on his future until after Euro 2020.
– QPR midfielder Tom Carroll is set to leave the club, after failing to agree a new contract. The 29-year-old signed a one-year-deal last summer, but is said to be unhappy with the terms offered by the Hoops to keep him at the club. (West London Sport)
– Derby County remain ‘in talks’ with Martyn Waghorn over his future at the club, as per a report by Derbyshire Live. Ipswich and Cardiff are keen.
– Adlene Guedioura would be open to a move to Sheffield United this summer, as per a report by the Sheffield Star. The experienced midfielder knows the new Blades boss Slavisa Jokanovic well.
– Bolton Wanderers have been linked with a return for Swansea City’s Declan John, who’s set to leave the Welsh club when his contract expires at the end of this month.
– Leicester City have been linked with a move for Stoke City centre-back Nathan Collins. According to reports in the national press, City are keen on the defender and will go head-to-head with Premier League rivals Arsenal and Burnley to try and sign the player.
– Newport County have released ex-Cardiff City, Derby County and Charlton Athletic midfielder Joe Ledley, as per their official club website. Bristol Rovers looked at him recently.
– Grimsby Town have agreed to sign Scunthorpe United striker John McAtee, Football Insider reveal. The 21-year-old has rejected offers from multiple EFL clubs to head to Blundell Park.
– Leeds, Wolves, Burnley and Brentford have shown their interest in signing Dael Fry from Middlesbrough according to reports.
– 1.FC Koln are preparing to offer a new contract to Norwich City target Sebastiaan Bornauw in order to keep him at the club next season.
– Middlesbrough are lining up a move for Luton Town midfielder Pelly Ruddock, Football Insider understands.
– Ipswich Town are set to make a move for Rotherham midfielder Matt Crooks. The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that the Blues will make a bid for the 27-year-old, who is now heading into the final year of his contract.
– Watford are not interested in making a move for West Brom goalkeeper Sam Johnstone this summer at this stage, according to the Watford Observer.
– Football League World claim Derby, West Brom, Cardiff City and Birmingham City are among several EFL clubs keen on signing the veteran striker Kyle Lafferty. The 33 years old is a free agent after leaving Kilmarnock following the club’s relegation., Ipswich, Wigan, Middlesbrough also interested.
– Sheffield United and Huddersfield Town-linked ace Dion Sanderson looks set to be up for grabs in the summer transfer window, with Wolves willing to let the player go. He impressed on loan with Sunderland last season, who just missed out on promotion from League One. (Football Insider)
– Young Southampton defender Pascal Kpohomouh is attracting the attention of Derby, Stoke and Middlesbrough as he gets set to leave the Saints, according to HampshireLive.
– Celtic have been linked with a move for free agent striker Andre Ayew, as reported by GhanaSoccerNet.
– Barnsley have struck a deal to sign Devante Cole on a free transfer from Motherwell, as confirmed by the Scottish club.
– Aston Villa are favourites to sign 16-year-old central defender Josh Feeney from Fleetwood in the summer, but they face competition from Manchester United for the England Under-16 captain. (Mail)
– Swansea City are said to still have a chance of getting Southampton striker Michael Obafemi on loan this summer, according to a report by Hampshire Live.
– Swansea City are keen on Leuven’s Thomas Henry, but a deal to bring the striker to Wales may not be realistic financially.
– Cambridge. Won race for centre half Lloyd Jones. Ex Northampton.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Football League Facebook page.
Check out the latest done deals by clicking on the next page.