With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Premier League…
– Leeds United are in talks over the potential signing of attacking midfielder Harry Wilson from Liverpool. That’s according to a report from Mercado Ingles, via The Daily Mirror, who say Leeds are now pursuing a deal for the 24-year-old.
– Brighton will hope to hold off interest in England defender Ben White from the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool by putting a £50m valuation on the 23-year-old. (Mail)
– Aston Villa are favourites to sign 16-year-old central defender Josh Feeney from Fleetwood in the summer, but they face competition from Manchester United for the England Under-16 captain. (Mail)
– Wolves are ready to demand a minimum £40m for Ruben Neves, as Arsenal prepare to make a move after clearing Granit Xhaka to join Jose Mourinho’s Roma (The Daily Telegraph)
– West Ham and Aston Villa are keen to sign Burnley striker Chris Wood, while Everton are monitoring the 29-year-old New Zealand international while they await the appointment of a new manager. (Mirror)
– Leicester and Newcastle must fork out £21.5m if they are to succeed in bringing unsung hero Ozan Kabak from the previous Liverpool season on board.
– West Ham may well miss out on free agent Dor Peretz to Hamburg this summer according to an exclusive report from Rotenburger Rundschau. Sport1 reported last month that that Hammers boss David Moyes wants to bring the 26-year-old Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder to the London Stadium in the summer.
– AC Milan are reportedly preparing to complete a triple summer swoop of Chelsea players Olivier Giroud, Fikayo Tomori and Hakim Ziyech.
– According to the Northern Echo, Newcastle United will sell or loan out striker Dwight Gayle in the summer transfer window. Fulham and West Bromwich Albion are both interested.
– Leicester have agreed a £15m transfer in principle with Celtic for French forward Odsonne Edouard, 23. (Sun)
– Newcastle want to beat Southampton to the signing of Leicester’s English midfielder Hamza Choudhury, 23. (Football Insider)
– Young Southampton defender Pascal Kpohomouh is attracting the attention of Derby, Stoke and Middlesbrough as he gets set to leave the Saints, according to HampshireLive.
– Southampton are ready to reject an approach from Aston Villa for James Ward-Prowse.
– Pep Guardiola is confident of agreeing a new deal with Fernandino which will almost certainly see him save a bid for Declan Rice into a future transfer window.
– According to the latest report from the Sheffield Star, forward Jonathan Kodjia would be open to the prospect of returning to the Championship this summer and link up with Sheffield United if he were to come in with offers for them.
– According to Goal’s Charles Watts, Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir is keen on a move to the Premier League this summer after interest from Arsenal.
– Sheffield United and Huddersfield Town-linked ace Dion Sanderson looks set to be up for grabs in the summer transfer window, with Wolves willing to let the player go. He impressed on loan with Sunderland last season, who just missed out on promotion from League One. (Football Insider)
– Atalanta have set a £52m asking price for Argentina defender Cristian Romero. The 23-year-old centre-back has been linked with a move to Manchester United. (Tuttosport)
– Leeds, Wolves, Burnley and Brentford have shown their interest in signing Dael Fry from Middlesbrough according to reports.
– Derby County continue to be linked with a loan move for Newcastle United midfielder Matty Longstaff. The 21-year-old’s name was constantly paired with a potential move to the Rams in the last summer transfer window and ahead of the January window.
– Liverpool are reportedly in talks to sign Youri Tielemans, according to journalist Daniel Nielson, who claims the current asking price is too high but the Reds will negotiate a lower fee.
– Aston Villa are interested in moving for Metz midfielder Pape Matar Sarr, as reported by the Birmingham Mail. Enjoying an impressive breakthrough campaign in 2020/21, the defensive midfielder made 22 appearances for Metz scoring three times.
– Roma are the latest side to be linked with a move for Cagliari’s star midfielder Nahitan Nandez, who could cost around £30m. He’s been linked with both Leeds United and West Ham in recent weeks. (Gazetta dello Sport)
– Crystal Palace’s Connor Wickham will be released by the Eagles this summer – he was last season linked with all of Birmingham City, Bristol City and Derby County.
– Newly appointed Roma manager Jose Mourinho will reportedly look to previous employers Tottenham for transfer recruits this summer, with goalkeeper Hugo Lloris near the top of his wish-list (Daily Star)
– Wolverhampton Wanderers are open to selling goalkeeper Rui Patricio amid transfer interest from Roma, reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano claims.
– Everton are interested in signing Barcelona midfielder Miralem Pjanić this summer.
– Brighton are looking to make a loan move for Benfica’s Brazilian midfielder Gabriel this summer, with a host of continental clubs also interested.
– Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Ham are among the favourites to sign Chelsea striker Ruben Loftus-Cheek this summer. The England international spent last season on loan with Fulham, and made 30 league appearances. (SkyBet)
– Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign Aston Villa and England midfielder Jack Grealish, 25, this summer. (ESPN)
– Swansea City are said to still have a chance of getting Southampton striker Michael Obafemi on loan this summer, according to a report by Hampshire Live.
– Norwegian outlet VG have claimed that Aston Villa and Newcastle have joined the race to sign striker Josh King. The forward is set to leave Everton on a free transfer this summer after just six months at Goodison Park – and the race is hotting up for his signature. Celtic also interested as Norwich end their interest.
– Wolves have been credited with an interest in Barcelona star Carles Alena as the summer transfer window cranks open. The 23 year old could leave the Camp Nou this summer after failing in the last couple of years to nail down a regular first-team role and he spent the second half of the recently ended season out on loan with Getafe.
– Wolverhampton Wanderers stopper Matija Sarkic has emerged as a transfer target for Coventry City this summer, per the Coventry Telegraph.
– 1.FC Koln are preparing to offer a new contract to Norwich City target Sebastiaan Bornauw in order to keep him at the club next season.
– West Ham United aren’t interested in a loan transfer for Manuel Lanzini, according to El Intransigente. He has already been linked with River Plate.
– Arsenal are considering handing Matteo Guendouzi a contract offer, despite him remaining frozen out. By doing so, they could maximise the fee they could earn from his exit. (Daily Mirror)
– Newcastle have earmarked Arsenal defender William Saliba as a summer transfer target. For now, though, the Frenchman is waiting to see if he fits into the Gunners’ plans for next season. (Daily Mail)
– Chelsea, Tottenham and Leicester must pay at least £34million to land Borussia Monchengladbach winger Jonas Hoffman, says the club’s sporting director.
– Stoke City are not going to be able to afford the sort of fee that would be required to sign Peterborough United forward Jonson Clarke-Harris this summer, according to Peterborough Today. The forward having fired in 31 goals in 45 League One appearances for Peterborough last term. West Brom, Sheffield United and Rangers are interested.
– Arsenal have reportedly offered Eddie Nketiah to Leeds United for £20m as they look to unload the forward this summer.
– Sassuolo’s Filip Đuričić is ‘sought’ by Southampton and West Ham United, according to reports coming out of Italy.
– Watford are not interested in making a move for West Brom goalkeeper Sam Johnstone this summer at this stage, according to the Watford Observer.
– Leicester City have been linked with a move for Stoke City centre-back Nathan Collins. According to reports in the national press, City are keen on the defender and will go head-to-head with Premier League rivals Arsenal and Burnley to try and sign the player.
– Tottenham Hotspur want at least £150m in a cash-only deal for England striker Harry Kane if chairman Daniel Levy lets the 27-year-old leave the club. (Sun)
– Football League World claim Derby, West Brom, Cardiff City and Birmingham City are among several EFL clubs keen on signing the veteran striker Kyle Lafferty. The 33 years old is a free agent after leaving Kilmarnock following the club’s relegation., Ipswich, Wigan, Middlesbrough also interested.
– Napoli are interested in signing midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa from Fulham, a report from Italian outlet CalcioMercato has claimed.
– Adlene Guedioura would be open to a move to Sheffield United this summer, as per a report by the Sheffield Star. The experienced midfielder knows the new Blades boss Slavisa Jokanovic well.
– Manchester United have edged closer to agreeing a deal to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund after the asking price for the 21-year-old England winger fell to £80m plus add-ons. (Times)
– Peterborough United, Millwall and Fulham are the latest sides to be linked with a move for Motherwell star Allan Campbell. The ex-Scotland U21 international is expected to leave his club in pursuit of a new challenge this summer. (Football Insider)
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Premier League Facebook page.
Check out the Football League rumours on the next page.