With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Premier League…
– Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman is reportedly expected to push for a transfer to the Premier League this summer. The 25-year-old has been representing the German giants since 2015, scoring 41 goals from his 200 appearances in all competitions. Bayern want him to stay, he wants out.
– Brighton have rejected a £40m bid from Arsenal for 23-year-old England defender Ben White. The centre-back made 36 Premier League appearances for Brighton last season and earned an England call-up in May. He is said to be keen on leaving the Amex Stadium. (Sky Sports)
– Manchester United are among several clubs interested in Paris St-Germain and Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas, 34. (Marca)
– Juventus and Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey looks set for a Premier League return. The 30-year-old has been linked with Crystal Palace, West Ham United and Everton, as well as former club Arsenal. Meanwhile, pundit are tipping Aston Villa to go for him. (Calciomercato)
– Arsenal are interested in Sheffield United ‘keeper Aaron Ramsdale, who is one of a number of keepers Arsenal are looking at.They also remain interested in Brighton’s Mat Ryan.
– Tottenham’s 31-year-old French midfielder Moussa Sissoko is on the radar of Serie A side Napoli. (Sky Italia – via Team Talk)
– Crystal Palace have joined Leeds United in the race to sign Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu.
– Wolves have reached a full agreement with Colombian defender Yerson Mosquera and he is set to become Bruno Lage’s first signing, Football Insider understands. The Atletico Nacional centre-back, 20, is heading to Molineux in a move viewed as a major coup.
– Everton are on the verge of sealing a deal for midfielder Matheus Nunes, having reached an agreement with his club Sporting Lisbon and the player, it has been claimed in Portugal.
– Ashley Young’s representatives are finalising personal terms with Aston Villa. Provided there are no issues, Young is expected to take a medical in the next 24 hours.
– Derby County are expected to re-sign Teden Mengi on a season-long loan from Manchester United this summer.
– Chelsea centre back Fikayo Tomori close to completing move to AC Milan. Tomori has been on loan at Milan since January and helped them qualify for the Champions League by finishing second in Serie A. Milan will now activate the £25m option they had to sign Tomori in their loan agreement with Chelsea.
– Atletico Madrid want almost £43m if they are to sell Kieran Trippier to Manchester United or anyone else this summer.
– Juventus’ Romania defender Radu Dragusin remains a transfer target for Crystal Palace, who have already made an offer for the 19-year-old. (Calciomercato)
– Portuguese newspaper A Bola features an interesting story about Wolverhampton Wanderers’ pursuit for Sporting midfielder João Palhinha. They write that the player has become a ‘priority target’ for the Molineux side this summer. The biggest difficulty Wolves are having seems to be Palhinha’s price. A Bola claims that Sporting value the player at €30m and do not want to negotiate for less than that.
– Manchester United made a £50million attempt to sign Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane but the Spanish club is holding out for £80m.
– Liverpool will turn their attention to Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini as a potential replacement for Georginio Wijnaldum, according to the Daily Mirror.
– Leeds United have been linked with Rangers’ 28-year-old Croatian left-back Borna Barisic. (Football Insider)
– Crystal Palace are poised to table a £15 million offer for Chelsea’s 21-year-old English midfielder Conor Gallagher, who is keen to remain at Stamford Bridge after impressing while on loan at West Brom last season. (Sun)
– West Ham, Southampton and AC Milan are in contention to sign 24-year-old Dominican defender Junior Firpo from Barcelona, with the Catalan club inclined to sell to a Premier League side rather than take Milan up on a loan deal with an option to buy. (Mundo Deportivo – in Spanish)
– Liverpool are interested in Brighton’s German midfielder Pascal Gross, 30. (Tuttomercato)
– Chelsea are now favourites to sign England and Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish this summer as they look to beat both Manchester clubs to the 25-year-old’s signature. (Fichajes via Mirror)
– Newcastle United have added Liverpool defender Nathaniel Phillips to their list of targets, but may have to compete with Burnley for the 24-year-old English centre-back who is unlikely to play regularly when the likes of Virgil van Djik, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip return from injury. (Mail)
– Sheffield United could be forced to accept Arsenal’s proposed deal for Norwegian midfielder Sander Berge. The 23-year-old has said he hopes to play Champions League football next season. (Sheffield Star)
– Tottenham are interested in signing Brighton and England Under-21 right-back Tariq Lamptey, 20, who impressed for Graham Potter’s side last term before suffering a season-ending hamstring injury in December. (Sky Sports)
– Leeds United are interested in signing Lyon left-back Maxwel Cornet, but have baulked at the £20m asking price for the 24-year-old Ivory Coast international. (Sun)
– Southampton and West Ham are the latest Premier League clubs to be linked with Boavista forward Alberth Elis, with Brighton and Watford previously showing interest in the 25-year-old Honduras international. (A Bola – in Portuguese)
– Brighton are also in talks with 30-year-old former England striker Danny Welbeck over a new contract. (The Argus)
– Arsenal have backed out of a move for Norway international Martin Odegaard, 22, with the midfielder determined to stay at Real Madrid after spending the second half of last season on loan at the Emirates. (AS)
– Leeds United are interested in a potential move for striker Andre Ayew this summer. Ayew enjoyed another impressive campaign for Swansea last season, scoring 17 goals in 46 league appearances for the Welsh club. (Wales Online)
– Leicester City are plotting a move for Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, and while the Foxes are yet to make a firm approach for the 29-year-old, there is talk of a potential £17m bid or possible loan switch for the Brazilian. (Mundo Deportivo – in Spanish)
– Burnley defender James Tarkowski is hoping to secure a move to West Ham this summer. The 28-year-old England centre-back featured 36 times last season for Burnley. (Football Insider)
– Arsenal have rejected a bid from Aston Villa for forward Emile Smith Rowe. Arsenal not entertaining bids for the player and remain hopeful he will sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium. Smith Rowe’s current deal runs until the summer of 2023.
– Everton are interested in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Matheus Nunes, 22. An initial fee of £15m is being considered for the Brazilian, with bonuses that will take the fee up to £17m. (Record, via Daily Star)
– Leicester City’s acquisition of French midfielder Boubakary Soumare could finally be completed this week. Wolves and Everton are also admirers of the 22-year-old, who plays for Ligue 1 champions Lille. (Mail)
– Arsenal’s Scotland left-back Kieran Tierney, 24, has been tipped as a potential Manchester City player by Neil Lennon, his former boss at Celtic. (Times)
– Arsenal are monitoring Ajax keeper Andre Onana but have yet to make an offer as rival interest grows in the 25-year-old Cameroon international – who is currently serving a nine-month ban for a doping violation. (Goal)
– Leeds have not given up hope of persuading Ezgjan Alioski, 29, to stay at Elland Road. The Macedonian winger is expected to leave the club on a free transfer this summer after failing to agree new terms and appeared to say goodbye on the final day of last season. (Mirror)
– Chelsea have offered 60m euros (£51.5m) plus Marcos Alonso for Inter Milan’s Moroccan full-back Achraf Hakimi, 22, who is also wanted by Paris St-Germain. (La Repubblica)
– Newcastle United midfielder Matt Ritchie has been linked with a move to his former club Bournemouth, with reports suggesting he’s keen to go back due to family reasons. He won the Championship with the Cherries back in 2015. (Mirror)
– Barnsley could be set to pull off bargain signing, with reports claiming the club are in talks with free agent ace Emiliano Marcondes, who has recently left Brentford. He played his part in the Bees’ promotion to the top tier last season. (The 72)
– Anderlecht have rejected a bid of about £13.5m from Arsenal for 21-year-old Belgium midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga and want closer to £18m. (Mail)
– Wolves’ Portuguese goalkeeper Rui Patricio, 33, has agreed a move to Roma. (Football Insider)
– Burnley still haven’t given up in their attempts to sign Nottingham Forest defender Joe Worrall, according sources close to the club. The Clarets are keen to sign the £12m-rated ace, along with Stoke City defender Nathan Collins (Nottingham Post)
– Manchester United have had their opening bid for full-back Kieran Trippier turned down by Atletico Madrid. The La Liga champions want close to £35m for the 30-year-old Englishman. (Guardian)
– Chelsea have still not opened talks with defender Antonio Rudiger over a new contract, with the defender’s current deal is up next summer.
– Cardiff City and Fulham are two more clubs that have entered the race to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers this summer, according to SBI Soccer, via Wales Online. Newcastle and New York Red Bulls are also looking at him.
– Norwich are set to beat off late competition from Leeds to complete the £5million signing of Angus Gunn from Southampton next week.
– Tottenham and Southampton have joined Leeds in the race to sign Birmingham City attacker Amari Miller, a report from Birmingham Live has revealed.
– Leicester and England midfielder James Maddison has emerged as Arsenal’s top transfer target this summer but a bid of £70m for the 24-year-old has been turned down by the Foxes. (Express)
– Cardiff City and Swansea City target Matty James is reportedly on the verge of signing for Bristol City. The midfielder, whose contract at Leicester City expires this month, was said to be a target for the Bluebirds and the Swans in this transfer window. However, former Foxes boss Nigel Pearson appears to have won the race to his signature, with Bristol Live reporter Gregor MacGregor stating that a deal to bring James to Ashton Gate is all but completed.
– Watford are holding talks with Rangers about potentially signing Glen Kamara, but the Finland international is not the Hornets’ main focus.
– According to Express & Star journalist Joseph Masi, clubs from the Premier League and Bundesliga are readying bids to sign West Brom star Matheus Pereira. The report states that initial murmurs in the media surrounding a £15million valuation have been mooted but the club are looking for a ‘significantly’ higher fee if they are to part ways with the Brazilian. Norwich City, Leeds United and Leicester City are interested.
– Rotherham United boss Paul Warne believes his former player and Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore will be heading to the Premier League this summer, in an interview with Yorkshire Today.
– Napoli have made Chelsea’s Italian left-back Emerson Palmieri their leading target but the clubs are haggling over the Stamford Bridge club’s 15m euro (£12.85m) valuation of the 26-year-old. (Gazzetta Dello Sport)
– Norwich City and Southampton are said to be chasing Blackburn Rovers sensation Adam Armstrong, who could be available for just £8m. He scored an impressive 28 goals in 40 Championship outings last season, and is also on West Ham’s radar. (Daily Mail)
– West Brom have expressed an interest in Blackpool striker Jerry Yates ahead of a potential summer move. Blackburn Rovers, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest are also keen on the 24-year-old, with Blackpool demanding £5million from suitors.
– Brighton have agreed a club record £25m fee with Stuttgart for Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez, 23, who scored six goals in 15 appearances during the 2020-21 Bundesliga campaign. (Guardian)
– Blackburn Rovers are monitoring Liverpool centre-midfielder Leighton Clarkson, according to a report from Lancashire Live.
– Blackpool remain likely to sign Oliver Casey from Leeds United despite a lack of developments over the course of the last week.
– Sheffield United will hold talks with Kean Bryan over his future at the club, as per a report by the Sheffield Star. He has been linked with Swansea City and Burnley recently, as reported by Football Insider, other reports say Watford were also interested.
– Sheffield United accepted a Hull City bid for Regan Slater at the start of the summer, as per a report by Hull Live.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Premier League Facebook page.
Check out the Football League rumours on the next page.