With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
– The Athletic are backing Burnley to consider a move for Derby County winger Kamil Jozwiak this summer as part of their scouting guide of the European Championships. Derby signed Jozwiak from Lech Poznan for around £3 million last summer.
– Wigan. Tom Naylor thing very live. Free agent. Portsmouth skipper in his time. Centre half or def mid. Others keen but Latics noses in front.
– Liverpool have no intention of sending Caoimhin Kelleher – the 22-year-old Republic of Ireland international – out on loan next season, ending Ipswich’s hopes of landing the keeper (Liverpool Echo).
– Leicester City are up against Wolfsburg and Lyon in attempt to sign Bournemouth’s 24-year-old Dutch winger Arnaut Danjuma. Other reports add that Southampton, Brighton, Watford and Wolverhampton Wanderers are keen.
– Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock has already held talks with ‘four or five’ transfer targets ahead of their summer overhaul, according to The Northern Echo.
– Blackpool will let Ethan Robson leave the club this summer, as per a report by Football Insider. Rangers and Motherwell are keen.
– New Bradford City boss Derek Adams is reportedly eager to tempt Morecambe’s Cole Stockton to Valley Parade, as reported by Alan Nixon.
– Crewe haven’t received any bids for any of their homegrown stars (notably Charlie Kirk and Owen Dale), according to manager Dave Artell amid Blackburn links.
– Hull City boss Grant McCann is hoping to make two more signings this week after getting this summer’s transfer business underway on Monday as George Moncur arrived from Luton Town, with the midfielder signing a two-year deal the KCOM Stadium. A new goalkeeper and a new centre-half are among his priorities as well as a forward.
– Accrington Stanley are looking to wrap up a move for Bognor Regis Town midfielder Tommy Leigh in their latest bid to unearth a non-league gem.
– Newcastle United midfielder Matty Longstaff could be allowed out on loan in the season ahead, with Derby interested. (Newcastle Chronicle)
– Portsmouth boss Danny Cowley has told The News that he cannot speak about specific players amidst talk that the club are interested in signing Jayden Stockley and Joe Morrell this summer. Stockley’s a player that Cowley is keen to bring in, with the Preston North End man said to fit the bill. Pompey also eye Morrell, with the midfielder largely out of favour at Luton Town since joining the Championship side from Bristol City. Cowley has also urged supporters not to panic over the relative quiet when it comes to new arrivals.
– Swansea City have opened negotiations with young free agent midfielder Liam Walsh in regards to a potential move to South Wales, according to Football Insider.
– A number of Championship clubs are said to be monitoring Queens Park Rangers winger Albert Adomah. Derby County, Ipswich Town, Luton Town and Birmingham City are those sides according to reports. There has been “zero contact” between also linked Bristol City and QPR or Adomah’s camp, BristolLive claim.
– Crewe, Accrington and Port Vale are chasing non-league goalscoring sensation Elliott Nevitt. Nevitt scored a hat-trick at Wembley last month to help Warrington Rylands win the FA Vase and bring him onto the radar of several Football League clubs.
– Tranmere Rovers are looking to sign Chris Merrie on a free transfer and are in talks to do so, Football League World reveal exclusively.
– Wigan Athletic are poised to win the race for Ipswich Town’s Gwion Edwards, as per a report by the East Anglian Daily Times. Sunderland, MK Dons and Preston were interested.
– Reading are looking to bolster their ranks at right-back with a move for Colombian player Esneyder Mena, according to Football Insider.
– Liverpool could potentially part ways with forward Taiwo Awoniyi this summer – the 23-year-old is wanted by all of Fulham, Stoke City and West Brom.
– Barnsley are trying to sign Watford striker Stipe Perica. The Tykes have made an offer in the region of £1.5 million for the attacker and are in ongoing negotiations over landing him, as per a report by The Athletic.
– Reports (via ChronicleLive) have backed both Newcastle United and Southampton to make a summer move for Swansea City midfielder and captain Matt Grimes.
– Doncaster Rovers have not shown an interest in former Colchester United midfielder Ben Stevenson, contrary to reports.
– Portsmouth striker Ellis Harrison is rumoured to be an Oxford United target. The U’s signed Ryan Williams from Pompey yesterday and are now in a race with Fleetwood Town to recruit another Fratton Park forward, according to the BBC’s Andrew Moon.
– Burton Albion have agreed a deal with strong central defender Deji Oshilaja, according to reports. The 27-year-old is set to sign at the Pirelli after being released by Charlton at the end of last season following 17 appearances for the Addicks in 2020/21.
– Sunderland’s Luke O’Nien remains in talks with the club over extending his stay, but the midfielder linked with Luton Town, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Preston has received ‘alternative offers’. The 27 year old sees his Sunderland contract expire at the end of this month.
– Birmingham City have been linked with a move for Wolves centre-back Dion Sanderson, with the Molineux outfit understood to be ready to cash in on him. Stoke, Sunderland and Huddersfield have been linked.
– Henrik Dalsgaard, Luke Daniels, and Emiliano Marcondes are all out of contract on the 30th of June. FC Midtjylland, the Danish Superliga side, have announced that Henrik will join them once his Brentford contract expires. Luke and Emiliano will also both leave Brentford on 30 June.
– Sunderland are being linked with a move for AFC Wimbledon defender Terell Thomas. The Black Cats are keeping tabs on his situation with Barnsley and Blackburn Rovers also keen, according to a report by the Daily Mail.
– Peterborough United and Hull City are rumoured to be chasing Middlesbrough’s attacking midfielder Lewis Wing, despite Rotherham United looking to make his loan move permanent. The 25-year-old made 20 appearances for the Millers last season. (Football League World)
– Bristol City are no longer interested in signing ex-Middlesbrough man Britt Assombalonga, according to Bristol Live.
– Sheffield United’s hopes of signing Peterborough United’s star striker Jonson Clarke-Harris look to have been handed a boost, with reports claiming FFP regulations mean fellow interested side Stoke won’t be able to afford the 33-goal ace. (Peterborough Telegraph)
– Sources close to Watford have denied claims that the club are interested in signing West Brom and England goalkeeper Sam Johnstone. As things stand, West Ham look comfortable favourites to sign the 28-year-old. (Watford Observer)
– According to The Mail Online, former-Preston North End and Middlesbrough loanee Lukas Nmecha is rated at a whopping £15 million by his current club Manchester City.
– According to Hampshire Live, Derby County are interested in signing Southampton defender Pascal Kpohomouh, 19, on a free transfer. It’s claimed that Kpohomouh has been told he can leave Southampton and won’t be getting a new deal when his contract ends this summer. Middlesbrough and Stoke City are also keen though, so Derby won’t have a free run at the defender.
– Birmingham City have entered talks with free agent Alex Pritchard, according to a report by Football League World. QPR, Derby County, Bristol City all previously linked. Birmingham also want Mathias ‘Zanka’ Jorgensen as do Preston.
– Blackpool appear to have beaten Derby County in the race to sign Everton winger Josh Bowler this summer, with TeamTalk reporting that the player is set to undergo a medical at Bloomfield Road ahead of the move.
– Gillingham are lining up a move to sign former Ipswich midfielder Alan Judge but face competition from Colchester, according to reports.
– Peterborough United have remained tightlipped over reports suggesting Motherwell’s highly-rated midfielder Allan Campbell is a summer transfer target. If Posh are interested they face tough competition from newely-relegated Fulham, Millwall and Luton Town. He is out of contract, but it’s understood Motherwell would be entitled to a £500k compensation fee for a player under 24 who they developed through their Academy.
– Northampton Town have agreed a deal to sign Tranmere midfielder Paul Lewis on a free transfer.
– Preston North End will not be making a move to sign Paul Mullin whose goals fired Cambridge United to promotion from League Two. Middlesbrough, Rotherham, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers are however keen.
– Watford are said to be ‘fighting’ for the signing of River Plate striker Rafael Borré who is becoming a free agent at end of month.
– Harry Chapman looks increasingly likely to leave Blackburn Rovers this summer amid interest from Shrewsbury Town, according to the Lancashire Telegraph.
– Oxford United’s Rob Atkinson is of ‘serious interest’ to Bristol City, as per a report by Bristol Live. However, the U’s are said to value him at £2 million plus which the Robins are unwilling to fork out.
– According to TWTD, Ipswich Town are closing in on sealing a deal for West Brom midfielder Rekeem Harper. It is understood that the Tractor Boys will be willing to pay a figure believed to be in the region of £500,000 in order to secure the services of the 21-year-old as manager Paul Cook looks to assemble a squad which is capable of achieving automatic promotion to the Championship next season.
– A host of Premier League clubs have been alerted to the availability Tosin Adarabioyo with a £10 million release clause reportedly inserted into his Fulham contract. Arsenal, Newcastle United and Aston Villa all reportedly keen on acquiring the defender, according to the MailOnline.
– Leeds United are reportedly closing in on the signing of highly-rated England Under-16s goalkeeper Darryl Ombang from neighbouring Bradford City.
– Reports in Germany suggest Julian Borner could be close to the exit door at Sheffield Wednesday. The defender is being linked with a move to Bundesliga 2 side Hannover 96, with the latest update from Germany suggesting the club are now just waiting on the Owls’ approval in order to complete the deal.
– Former Preston North End striker Louis Moult looks to be heading to Burton Albion after being freed by the Lilywhites.
– Football Insider reporting that Swansea have beaten not just Newcastle and Celtic but Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur as well in the race to sign young Wigan striker Kyle Joseph for a fee suggested to be close to be £1m.
– Southampton goalkeeper Angus Gunn is reportedly on the verge of completing a move to recently-promoted Norwich City.
– Lyle Taylor’s future at Nottingham Forest remains uncertain as transfer interest continues to build in the striker. The Mirror claim that Forest are now willing to listen to offers for Taylor this summer, with Stoke City and Middlesbrough set to open talks to sign the forward.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Football League Facebook page.
Check out the latest done deals by clicking on the next page.