With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Premier League…
– Leeds United are keen on signing Fulham’s 26-year-old English midfielder Harrison Reed in the summer. He completed 89% of his passes last season. (Mail)
– Newcastle United and West Ham are said to be interested in Wout Weghorst, the Athletic report. The 28-year-old hit 20 goals for Wolfsburg last season and is thought to be available this summer, despite the Wolves qualifying for next season’s Champions League.
– Manchester City have no plans to sell Ilkay Gundogan this summer and are happy with his contract situation, despite reports he has delayed talks on a new deal.
– Aston Villa, who are looking to bolster their attack, are weighing up a deal for Norway international Joshua King, 29, after the forward was released by Everton. But Norwich and Celtic are also interested in the player. (VG, via Birmingham Live)
– Arsenal’s 23-year-old England midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who spent time on loan at West Brom last season, wants clarity from manager Mikel Arteta about his future. According to Sky Bet, Crystal Palace – 4/1, Wolves – 4/1, Leeds – 5/1, West Ham – 7/1, Newcastle 10/1, Southampton – 10/1
– Dutch left-back Jetro Willems, 27, wants to return to Newcastle having become a free agent after leaving Eintracht Frankfurt. He spent the 2019-20 season on loan at St James’ Park. (Chronicle)
– Borussia Dortmund and Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, is keen to join Chelsea and is willing to wait a year to make a move to Stamford Bridge. (Telegraph)
– Nathan Ake is currently considering his future at Man City, knowing it looks unlikely he will be able to break into the first team.
– Spanish midfielder Pablo Hernandez, 36, could join Spanish second division side FC Cartagena after leaving Leeds. (Marca)
– Manchester United have been linked with a move for Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn. According to The Athletic, is being monitored by United with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side set to keep an eye on his performances for Scotland during this month’s European Championships.
– Leeds United are ready to outbid Sevilla in their efforts to sign Huesca left-back Javi Galan, according to Radio Huesca. Due to Huesca’s relegation from La Liga this season, Galan’s release clause has been reduced to €4million (£3.4million) but Champions League side Sevilla are not willing to pay that much.
– Newcastle United’s English winger Jacob Murphy, 26, is wanted by Galatasaray, Leeds, Burnley, Watford, and Southampton. The winger has only 12 months left on his current deal, and the Magpies are ready to offer him a long-term contract. Although he scored only two goals and three assists last season, his improved performances towards the end helped the Magpies stave off relegation.
– Leicester City are up against Wolfsburg and Lyon in attempt to sign Bournemouth’s 24-year-old Dutch winger Arnaut Danjuma. Other reports add that Southampton, Brighton, Watford and Wolverhampton Wanderers are keen.
– Chelsea full-back Tino Livramento could move to Aston Villa in the summer transfer window, according to reports. The 18 year old has a burgeoning reputation at Stamford Bridge and was recently named Chelsea’s academy player of the season.
– West Ham have stepped up efforts to sign Jesse Lingard on a permanent deal from Manchester United after the 28-year-old England midfielder missed out on selection for the European Championship. (Sun)
– Liverpool are interested in Porto midfielder Fabio Vieira after the 21-year-old was named player of the tournament at the European Under-21 Championship, despite his side losing the final to Germany on Sunday. (UOL Esporte, via Liverpool Echo)
– Arsenal have set a £20m asking price for Spain right-back Hector Bellerin, with Atletico Madrid interested in the 26-year-old as a replacement for England international Kieran Trippier, 30, who has been linked with a move to Manchester United. Real Betis have also shown interest in Bellerin, but his price tag will prove too much. (CBS Sport)
– Arsenal have joined Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United in wanting to sign Brighton and England defender Ben White, 23. (Mirror)
– Chelsea midfielder Billy Gilmour is reportedly considering leaving Stamford Bridge on loan next season with Newcastle interested.
– As per Correio da Manha (via Sport Witness), Wolves are eyeing up a move to sign Porto ace Jesus Corona, with Chelsea, Everton, Sevilla and Fiorentina also interested in securing his services.
– Wolves defender Romain Saiss is keen on a move to Saudi Arabia and is in talks with Saudi Pro League outfit Al Hilal ahead of a potential transfer.
– Leeds United are reportedly closing in on the signing of highly-rated England Under-16s goalkeeper Darryl Ombang from neighbouring Bradford City.
– Chelsea have made a move that just could give Leicester City the go ahead to pursue their interest in Tammy Abraham this summer. The Blues have confirmed that striker Olivier Giroud will stay at the club for another season amid reports linking the Frenchman with a move away from Stamford Bridge. Manchester United, West Ham United and Aston Villa are also keen.
– Wolves value Rui Patricio at around €12m, which AS Roma don’t want to touch and have, for now, ‘made a lower offer of around €7-8m’. It’s stated ‘the negotiation is open’ and the Serie A giants are ‘optimistic about the affair going through’ – with the keeper excited to pursue a new challenge.
– In an interview with The Telegraph earlier this week, Arsenal defender Ainsley Maitland-Niles appeared to be unsure over his Arsenal future and was seeking clarity. “I want a decision. I want some clarity. I would like some kind of indication of what is happening. Where they [Arsenal] see me. If it works out it works out, if it doesn’t then kiss Arsenal goodbye.” said Maitland-Niles. Now, according to Chris Wheatley of Football.London, Crystal Palace are amongst the clubs including West Ham monitoring the players situation. This seems like a realistic destination. It would allow for the player to stay in the Premier League and in London.
– West Ham United are keen on signing the highly-rated Czech Republic defender David Zima from Slavia Prague this summer.
– According to the Daily Mail, Manchester City will sell midfielder Yangel Herrera for around £20million this summer amid interest from West Ham United.
– RB Leipzig’s Austrian midfielder Marcel Sabitzer, 27, who has previously been linked with a move to Tottenham, wants to leave the Bundesliga club and could leave for around £15m in the summer. (Athletic)
– Tottenham are in talks with Borussia Monchengladbach’s French winger Marcus Thuram – son of World Cup winner Lillian – ahead of a possible summer move. (RMC Sport)
– The Athletic are backing Burnley to consider a move for Derby County winger Kamil Jozwiak this summer as part of their scouting guide of the European Championships. Derby signed Jozwiak from Lech Poznan for around £3 million last summer.
– Southampton are close to finalising a deal for Brest’s 23-year-old French left-back Romain Perraud – who has previously been linked with Leeds – but an unnamed club may yet hijack the move. (Express)
– Roma are closing to completing the signing of Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka, 28, from Arsenal. (Corriere dello Sport)
– Incoming sporting director Fabio Paratici will tell Harry Winks that Tottenham will listen to offers for the English midfielder, 25, this summer. (Football Insider)
– Newcastle United midfielder Matty Longstaff could be allowed out on loan in the season ahead, with Derby interested. (Newcastle Chronicle)
– Spain goalkeeper David de Gea, 30, expects to stay at Manchester United beyond the summer. (Sun)
– Sources close to Watford have denied claims that the club are interested in signing West Brom and England goalkeeper Sam Johnstone. As things stand, West Ham look comfortable favourites to sign the 28-year-old. (Watford Observer)
– Norweigan media outlet Vg.no reports that Sander Berge’s release clause is now £35 million with the player drawn links to Arsenal, Aston Villa, and Everton, and it seems a move back to the Premier League is likely. The report claims that the 23-year-old is expected to be sold soon and to join a club in the top half of England’s top division.
– Southampton goalkeeper Angus Gunn is reportedly on the verge of completing a move to recently-promoted Norwich City.
– Leeds United have recently been linked with a move for Sampdoria midfielder Mikkel Damsgaard, and his club is looking to sell in order to raise funds.
– Marseille defender Duje Caleta-Car seems poised for a move this summer and the Premier League could be his next landing spot with West Ham showing a firm interest in his services.
– Tottenham and Everton are reportedly pursuing a transfer for Uruguay international forward Diego Rossi this summer.
– Sheffield United’s hopes of signing Peterborough United’s star striker Jonson Clarke-Harris look to have been handed a boost, with reports claiming FFP regulations mean fellow interested side Stoke won’t be able to afford the 33-goal ace. (Peterborough Telegraph)
– A host of Premier League clubs have been alerted to the availability Tosin Adarabioyo with a £10 million release clause reportedly inserted into his Fulham contract. Arsenal, Newcastle United and Aston Villa all reportedly keen on acquiring the defender, according to the MailOnline.
– Barcelona are weighing up a move for Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling, 26, who is seen as an ideal replacement for Dembele if he does not renew his contract. (Sport)
– Reports (via ChronicleLive) have backed both Newcastle United and Southampton to make a summer move for Swansea City midfielder and captain Matt Grimes.
– Henrik Dalsgaard, Luke Daniels, and Emiliano Marcondes are all out of contract on the 30th of June. FC Midtjylland, the Danish Superliga side, have announced that Henrik will join them once his Brentford contract expires. Luke and Emiliano will also both leave Brentford on 30 June.
– According to The Mail Online, former-Preston North End and Middlesbrough loanee Lukas Nmecha is rated at a whopping £15 million by his current club Manchester City.
– If talks to sign Borussia Dortmund’s England winger Jadon Sancho, 21, break down, Manchester United could turn their attention to Hudson-Odoi, Dembele or re-signing Juventus’ Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 36. (Mail)
– Liverpool could potentially part ways with forward Taiwo Awoniyi this summer – the 23-year-old is wanted by all of Fulham, Stoke City and West Brom.
– Barnsley are trying to sign Watford striker Stipe Perica. The Tykes have made an offer in the region of £1.5 million for the attacker and are in ongoing negotiations over landing him, as per a report by The Athletic.
– According to TWTD, Ipswich Town are closing in on sealing a deal for West Brom midfielder Rekeem Harper. It is understood that the Tractor Boys will be willing to pay a figure believed to be in the region of £500,000 in order to secure the services of the 21-year-old as manager Paul Cook looks to assemble a squad which is capable of achieving automatic promotion to the Championship next season.
– Football Insider reporting that Swansea have beaten not just Newcastle and Celtic but Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur as well in the race to sign young Wigan striker Kyle Joseph for a fee suggested to be close to be £1m.
– Liverpool have no intention of sending Caoimhin Kelleher – the 22-year-old Republic of Ireland international – out on loan next season, ending Ipswich’s hopes of landing the keeper (Liverpool Echo).
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Premier League Facebook page.
Check out the Football League rumours on the next page.