Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
Quentin Vieira is on trial at Nottingham Forest and was named in their 25-man squad for a pre-season friendly against Dundee last night, as reported by the Nottingham Post.
— HITC Transfer News (@HITCdeadlineday) July 2, 2019
Northampton look set to continue their recruitment drive with a deal for Scunthorpe defender Charlie Goode, close to being completed according to reports.
➡️Northampton close to adding 23-year-old to their ranks
— D3D4Football (@d3d4football) July 2, 2019
Newspapers Record and O Jogo both report 21-year-old Alfa Semedo is joining Wigan on a one-year loan deal from Benfica.
— Sport Witness (@Sport_Witness) July 2, 2019
Other stories reported:
– “Blackpool. On the shopping list. Sulley Kaikai. Ex Palace. Forward.” (Alan Nixon)
– According to the local media, reports linking Wolverhampton Wanderers with two defenders are wide of the mark. The Molineux side are not interested in Brentford starlet Ezri Konsa or America defender Edson Alvarez, according to The Express and Star.
– Neil Warnock is open to signing a striker but has told supporters not to expect anyone to arrive at Cardiff until after the club’s pre-season tour to the USA and Canada.
– According to a report from the Sheffield Star, Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Josh Onomah from Tottenham for a second time this summer.
– According to The Sun, Manchester United are ready to do battle with Bundesliga’s Werder Bremen for the signature of Stoke City centre-back Nathan Collins.
– Coventry City manager Mark Robins has told reporters for the Coventry Telegraph how Jordan Willis has left the club as he eyes a move to the Championship amid interest from Bristol City, Luton Town and Derby County.
– Noel Whelan has suggested Aston Villa are about to bid £20million for Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips.
– Leeds United defender Aapo Halme is set to undergo a medical at Barnsley, according to Football Insider.
– According to Fanatik, Everton are showing an interest in signing Stoke City midfielder Badou Ndiaye.
– Birmingham City are being linked with a move for Palermo striker George Puscas.
– Middlesbrough are the latest side to be linked with a move for Liverpool winger Ryan Kent, who is likely to cost around £12 million. (Northern Echo)
– David Wheater is considering an offer from Kilmarnock with Bolton Wanderers yet to offer him a new contract due to ongoing takeover issues.
– Sunderland have unofficially completed the signing of 20-year old Algerian goalkeeper Ahmed Abdelkader.
– Hull City‘s chances of loaning Wolves Rafa Mir look to have increased, with the 22-year-old apparently unwilling to join La Liga B outfit Real Zaragoza. (Sport Witness)
– Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe has refused to rule out a move for Bury‘s striker Dom Telford.
– Plymouth Argyle will take a closer look at AFC Bournemouth goalkeeper Jordan Holmes. Highly recommended to Lowe. Will be with them for a couple of weeks.
– Shrewsbury Town are believed to be closing in on a move for veteran goalkeeper Joe Murphy.
– Accrington boss John Coleman is expecting a ‘flurry of signings’ in the coming weeks.