Swansea City respond to reports of a Middle East consortium set to takeover the Championship club.
The Sun first revealed over the weekend that a group of businessmen were preparing a £50million bid to buy them from current owners Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan.
The article also claimed that the American duo were keen to see Swansea make a return to the Premier League whilst also suggesting they would be more willing to negotiate a sale if a promotion push wasn’t on the cards.
However, Kaplan and Levien have today said they DON’T intend to sell the club and that there have been no discussions or negotiations regarding the possible sale.
WalesOnline reveal how it would be interesting to know ‘which figures make up the consortium reportedly interested in buying Swansea, with that particular detail being omitted from the original national media report.’
The owners took control of the club whilst during the side’s 2016/17 Premier League, but so far nothing too positive has come off the back of it as they have only seen them relegated to the Championship back in 2018.
— World News (@WorldNewsTwitr) August 23, 2016
Swansea currently sitting 10th in the Championship table, following a decent start to the current campaign.
Steve Cooper’s men have gone top twice this season but their inconsistent form has seen them drop away.
Speaking about his relationship with the pair, Cooper said: “I speak to them regularly, at least once a week.
“Obviously the main port of call is Trevor (Birch) who is running the club over here.
“We’re all joined up with open communication and they’re allowing me and Trevor to get on with the football which is the nice bit.”
After reading Swansea City respond to reports of takeover from a Middle East consortium, fans took to vent out their anger by slamming the owners – see what the had to say on the next page.