fbpx
Connect with us

Non League

Step 5 side announces groundshare at Bishop’s Stortford

It has recently been announced that a Step 5 side are to be groundsharing with Bishop’s Stortford from the 2019/20 season.

That team is Enfield 1893 of the Essex Senior League (one step below the Isthmian League Division One North), who have been playing at Harlow Town since 2014.

The last time they played in where the team name says they’re suppose to be based was 2012 at Goldsdown Road.

Enfield 1893 wrote: “We are pleased to announce that from the 2019-2020 season We will be ground-sharing with @BSFCTheBluesat [Bishop’s Stortford] the ProKitUK Stadium. We would like to thank @HarlowTownFC for the last few years and wish them well for the future.”

Bishop’s Stortford’s club statement said: “From the 2019-2020 season Enfield 1893 F.C will be ground-sharing with BSFC at the ProKitUK Stadium. As many will know, Enfield F.C were one of the most successful amateur clubs until the Club was folded due to their former chairman’s debts. Enfield 1893 F.C were formed as a result and currently play in the Essex Senior League. The board of Enfield 1893 F.C approached BSFC and we felt that there were a number of synergistic opportunities that will benefit both Clubs going forward. This includes a true pathway through the club from youth teams, BSFC Academy, U18s, Essex Senior League to Bostik Premier standard football. It also brings regular Saturday pm football to the ProKitUK.”

After finding out of the groundshare for Enfield at Bishop’s Stortford, fans took to give their reaction on social media – find out how they took the news on the next page.

Pages: 1 2

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Non League