Paul Merson predicts this weekend’s final Premier League matches – 10th May

Paul Merson has given his predictions for all of this weekend’s final Premier League fixtures.

The former Arsenal, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Walsall and England footballer currently works as a pundit for Sky Sports.

See what he went with below and on the next page…

BRIGHTON v MAN CITY

The score Paul Merson has predicted for this game is: 0-3

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “I just can’t see Man City not winning. Nothing shocks me in football after the Champions League this week. But when you look at this week, the two teams who came back are very good teams, with very good players. Even though it was a miracle, people will say miracles happen, Brighton have a chance – they’re not the same class as the players who did what they did this week.

“They’re grinding results out as well. At the start of the season they were wiping the floor with teams, now they’re not but they’re keeping clean sheets, being hard to beat and nicking goals. There was a bit of panic with Man City on Monday – no disrespect but Vincent Kompany’s shot should have gone 50 yards over! But they should be fine.”

LIVERPOOL v WOLVES

The score Paul Merson has predicted for this game is: 2-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “If Man City go ahead early, Liverpool have got to just get this game out of their memory, get it out of the way. They might need to get in front early doors, but if Man City go 2-0 up, they’ve got to start thinking about the game in three weeks in my opinion. Wolves will be dangerous, but there’s no place like Liverpool. It’ll be a hard game for them, though.”

BURNLEY v ARSENAL

The score Paul Merson has predicted for this game is: 2-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “I’m saying this before the Valencia away game but whether Arsenal win or lose in Spain, they’ll probably get beat at Burnley. Emery has to rest everyone if they go through, there’s no point putting out a first-choice team and they’ll not get back from Spain until late, and we could see a lot of players we’ve rarely seen in an Arsenal shirt before.”

CRYSTAL PALACE v BOURNEMOUTH

The score Paul Merson has predicted for this game is: 3-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “This is one of those games you’d like to watch – if this ends 0-0 people should be asking for their money back. It’s two teams with nothing to play for, they can have a right go, score goals and have fun.”

FULHAM v NEWCASTLE

The score Paul Merson has predicted for this game is: 2-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “I hope Scott Parker gets the Fulham job. They’ve shown a bit of respectability towards the end, they’ve had a plan at least, and Newcastle are a team who are hard to play against at the moment as we saw on Saturday night. I think both of them will have a go.”

Take a look at more of his predictions on the next page.

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!