fbpx
Connect with us

Non League

National League to be rebranded from 2019/20 season

The National League have today announced that the league name will be rebranded from Vanarama to Motorama from the 2019/20 season.

As well as the top tier of the non league pyramid, the National League North and South divisions will also have the same new sponsor from next season.

The leagues have been sponsored by Vanarama from five years after they replaced Skrill, but the company’s sister brand, Motorama, will takeover from them until the 2021/22 season.

Chief Executive Officer of The National League, Michael Tattersall said: “Following five seasons as the Vanarama National League, we are delighted to be signing up for a further three seasons as the Motorama National League.

“Our relationship with the Autorama Group goes from strength to strength, and is a classic case of football sponsorship delivering value and helping to create a leading consumer brand.”

Andy Alderson, the CEO of Autorama Group added: “We’re delighted to be continuing our relationship with The National League.

“It will allow Motorama to enjoy the prestige of being title sponsor of one of the UK’s most popular football leagues and get its message that people CAN lease the cars they want – rather than settle for something they can find on a used dealer’s forecourt – to an engaged audience of enthusiastic fans.”

SPONSORSHIPS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS

1984–1986: Gola – Gola League
1986–1998: General Motors – GM Vauxhall Conference
1998–2004: Nationwide Building Society – Nationwide Conference
2004–2007: Nationwide Building Society – Nationwide Conference / Nationwide Conference North / Nationwide Conference South
2007–2010: Blue Square – Blue Square Premier / Blue Square North / Blue Square South
2010–2013: Blue Square Bet – Blue Square Bet Premier / Blue Square Bet North / Blue Square Bet South
2013–2014: Skrill – Skrill Premier / Skrill North / Skrill South
2014–2015: Vanarama – Vanarama Conference / Vanarama Conference North / Vanarama Conference South
2015–2019: Vanarama – Vanarama National League / Vanarama National League North / Vanarama National League South

Following the news, fans took to social media to give feedback on the new name, with many amusing comments made – take a look at what they said on the next page.

Pages: 1 2

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Non League