League Two club ‘won’t play for a year’ until fans are allowed back

Majority of Fans praised League Two club Grimsby for stating that they ‘won’t play for a year’ until fans are allowed back.

Manager Ian Holloway has revealed his players have taken a pay cut so that the club can prevent getting into financial difficulty.

Sebastian Cowden: Aside from the team names, having fans in the stadium Is pretty much the only thing that links the football industry of today with the traditional football of the past. This is what its about, its about crowds not for the sake of the supporters alone but because supporters + team = COMMUNITY. Well done Grimsby.

Matthew Williams: Good on them, this is what should happen, wait till it’s safe and fans can return then play

Bruce Foord: Well done Grimsby .. football is nothing without fans .. cancel all footy until it’s safe for fans to go back.

Tom Jarvis: It’s really worrying and scary times I’m a Burton fan And I’m really worried about our future and all the other l1 2 and non league clubs prem don’t care about us it seems ???

Steve Jammers: If its safe for 1000s of idiots to march around London to complain about something that happened 1000s of miles away then I say let the fans back in

Maurice Anthony: Good on them. It’s about time clubs took back the game and looked after the fans

Kevin Joyce: 100% correct!!! Football without fans isn’t football no matter what division a team is in

Others reckon that there is no chance that the club’s scenario would happen…

Brendan James Wilkins: If they dont play for a year they’ll get told ok you’ll be relegated. Simple.

James Smith: Will never happen. They will be playing without fans the same as all other clubs. Just Holloway looking for attention again and making a fool out of himself.

Chris Squire: Surely if you can’t fulfill your fixture’s then you will be relegated ????

Pages: 1 2

4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. David aslett

    5th June 2020 at 12:54 pm

    James Smith saying Holloway making a fool out of himself ? Get a grip zzzzz .The bloke is got to be one of the best people in the game and it is an honour to have him in the EFL.what he has done at Grimsby over the last few months is brilliant on and of the pitch.If you asked any fans of league 1/2 and championship who they would love be as their coach Holloway would be first choice.attention seeking ? He’s just got a personality what we all love at Grimsby and says how it is ,very honest man.

    • Eddie James

      6th June 2020 at 12:33 pm

      You will need other clubs to support this in league 2. Others are in similar financial positions as the Mariners, and many in league 1 are no different.

  2. Clive Sheffield

    6th June 2020 at 8:48 am

    In Holloway we trust we will see how many teams will be no more if playing behind closed doors no revenue coming in Macclesfield will be gone for sure

  3. Michael Hopkins

    7th June 2020 at 7:49 am

    rotherham fan her.top man is Ian Holloway lot of millers fans respect the man. Hope he takes u up next season. The only way is up.as the song goes. Utm.