Huddersfield Town unveil their ACTUAL 2019/20 kit – without a sponsor

Huddersfield Town have this morning unveiled their new 2019/20 home kit, revealing that their previous one was in fact a fake, as we all assumed.

Earlier this week, they and Paddy Power went viral after posting a kit that had a big diagonal line across the front along with the betting company’s logo across the space.

Huddersfield Town have said with today’s reveal: “The shirt is part of @paddypower’s new #SaveOurShirt campaign; an initiative that is backing a move towards unbranded football kits, effectively returning the shirtback to the fans.

Oh, and an away one too…

Huddersfield Town’s Commercial Director Sean Jarvis commented: “We’re happy to support Paddy Power’s ‘Save Our Shirt’ campaign with the launch of our actual 2019/20 home kit this morning.

“It has been a very interesting two days’ since the original launch on Wednesday, which we expected, but we’ve always had in mind that our supporters would understand, and really like the real kit when it was properly revealed today.

“We’re really happy with this kit, which is unique in modern-day football. I’d like to thank Paddy Power, Umbro and everyone else involved in the kit for their hard work towards today.”

Paddy Power MD, Victor Corcoran, said: “Shirt sponsorship in football has gone too far. We accept that there is a role for sponsors around football, but the shirt should be sacred.

“So today we are calling on other sponsors to join the Save Our Shirt campaign, and give something back to the fans.

“As a sponsor, we know our place, and it’s not on your shirt.”

Check out what fans had to say about it on the next page.

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more Championship notifications!