Holland player accused of smuggling £65M worth of cocaine while also on trial for attempted murder

Holland player Quincy Promes has been accused of smuggling £65M worth of cocaine while also on trial for attempted murder. According to Nos, the Public Prosecution Service has accused the Dutch international of smuggling in two batches of cocaine weighing 1370kg, importing two batches of cocaine of around 650kg and 713kg. The drug was intercepted three years ago in Antwerp, giving it a street value of £65m. The report also states that a hearing for a pre-trial in the Netherlands is scheduled to take place on the 5th of  June. Promes will be absent, as he has been selected to play in the final match of the season for Russian club Spartak Moscow. Robert Malewicz, the lawyer for Promes, declined to comment on Het Parool. He said: “I’ll provide a more detailed explanation at the Monday hearing.” There is also a claim that there are new evidences in regard to Promes, who allegedly stabbed his cousin in 2020 at a family gathering in Amsterdam. Reports claimed that the forward admitted to the stabbing in police wire-taps. He had previously denied the allegations. The final part of this case will be heard on Monday. According to France 24, the Dutch Public Prosecutor’s Office requested a two-year prison sentence in March.

Promes was initially charged with attempted murder, but the judge felt there was no evidence to prove attempted murder or attempted manslaughter.

A statement read: “The public prosecution service has demanded two years against a man who is suspected of stabbing his cousin in the knee.” Promes is now in his second stint in Russia, doesn’t have an agreement for extradition with Holland. Promes’ legal problems meant he missed last year’s World Cup team, and his most recent appearance was in 2021. In December 2020, Quincy Promes spoke for the first time about his alleged involvement in a stabbing at a family gathering. He told Fox Sports: ‘It was nice to play football again. I also played a week ago, so it was not that long ago in terms of time frame, but it was nice to put the focus back on football and leave the peripheral issues behind. ‘It was a shock for everyone, but I am glad I was released so quickly. I can’t say more about it. ‘I’m just as shocked as the rest of the world. It is something from my private life, I cannot say more about it. ‘But now I am free and I think that says enough. It’s nice that the club supports me: not only [manager] Erik ten Hag, but also my team-mates, for example. ‘It feels good that people believe in me, that helps a lot. I don’t want to waste any more energy on peripheral matters. ‘It is a difficult situation for everyone, but we have to look to the future because we can still influence it. What as happened has happened.’

Promes made his international debut in 2014, and has also played for FC Twente, Go Ahead Eagles, Spartak Moscow and Ajax.

He has previously been linked with a move to Arsenal in a deal that would cost around £25 million. Liverpool were also said to be keen.

In 2018, Southampton had a bid of £25m for Quincy Promes rejected by Spartak Moscow with the Russian club wanting £30m for the Dutchman. He said he would be interested in a move to the Premier League, however if these reports are true and he’s found guilty, his ambitions are well and truly screwed. The Dutchman scored an impressive 12 goals and provided a further four assists in 20 league games during the 2019/20 campaign.

CAREER STATS:

2011–2014 – Twente – 34 games (11 goals) 2012–2013 → Go Ahead Eagles (loan) – 32 games (13 goals) 2014–2018 – Spartak Moscow – 115 games (59 goals) 2018–2019 – Sevilla – 33 games (2 goals) 2019–2021 – Ajax – 39 games (18 goals) 2021– Spartak Moscow – 59 games (29 goals) National team 2011 – Netherlands U19 – 5 games (0 goals) 2012–2013 – Netherlands U20 – 4 games (1 goal) 2013–2014 – Netherlands U21 – 10 games (7 goals) 2014– Netherlands – 50 games (7 goals) His last international goal came in the Nations League when Holland beat a sloppy England 3-1, see those highlights below… Twitter users reacted with the Holland player accused of smuggling £65M worth of cocaine while also on trial for attempted murder… @StokeyyG2: i bet he was like ‘officer i promes it’s not mine’ 😂😂😂😂 @SteviestStevie: There goes his Promesing career @SLBmxrtim: This guy is involved in everything 😭 @spurs_ninja: That’s one hell of a side hustle @8bdrszn: what a shame… felt he had so much promes @swfcjohn2: You’re a professional footballer why on earth would you do this @_chrisquinn: He’s been released now having made a Promes not to do it again. @21790Scott: Football was just his side hustle 😂 @andycamno7: Can’t knock ambition 🤣🤣 @flair_twenty: If they ever even find him guilty. He will just see out his career in Russia and live over there to avoid any potential prosecution @H4mmy14: What a waste @allykale: At least he’s not wasted his career then 👀 @Dowlings1: Somethings just arnt enough for people! @I_Am_Aloyo: 2018 Arrested for domestic violence 2020 Arrested for stabbing his cousin 2023 Arrested for drug trafficking ..and mans a full-time footballer and part-time rapper, where does he get the time?