Favourites for Fulham manager come first game of 2019/20 season

.

We continue our look at the favourites for Fulham manager…

3) DAVID WAGNER

Wagner is a former manager of Borussia Dortmund II and current Premier League strugglers Huddersfield Town, who departed the latter club in January after revealing that he needed to take a break from the rigours of football management.

The only managerial honour he has to his name is taking the Terriers up from the Championship through the playoffs and then miraculously guided them to Premier League safety in the first season, many tipping him for Manager of the Season and even described by The Guardian as “the Premier League’s greatest survival story”.

Current odds on BetVictor: 6/1

2) STEVE CLARKE

Clarke, the current Kilmarnock boss, is ‘under consideration’ for the Fulham job.

According to the Express, there are still “influential figures” who rate the 55-year-old.

They previously approached him back in 2015, with different owners back then, but he turned them down.

It will be a pricey one is they do try to get him as he only signed a new contract with Kilmarnock last summer.

Other clubs he had managed or been a caretaker/assistant of are Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool, West Brom, Reading and Aston Villa.

Current odds on BetVictor: 4/1

1) SCOTT PARKER

Scott Parker, the former England international, is the current caretaker of Fulham until the end of the season.

He retired from playing in 2017 and has had coaching roles at the Cottagers and Tottenham.

Khan said: “Scott’s immediate assignment is merely to help us stabilise, grow and rediscover ourselves as a football club. If Scott can answer that challenge, and our players respond to the opportunity, perhaps victories will follow in the months ahead.

“What’s most important at this moment, however, is to regroup in a smart and deliberate manner that will serve our long-term vision for sustainable success. If we’re able to do that and win some matches to make a stand late in the season, all the better.”

Current odds on BetVictor: 2/1

Who do you want as the new manager?

Let us know in the comments below…