Famous 9th tier club sign former Sheffield Wednesday, Watford, Czech footballer

Famous 9th tier club Hallam have agreed a deal to sign former Sheffield Wednesday, Watford, Czech Republic footballer Daniel Pudil.

Sheffield based Hallam, who play in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division and are the second-oldest football team in the world, had quite the Sunday.

Pudil previously had experience of playing in the Championship from his days at Sheffield Wednesday, but has also played European football for four different clubs and earned 35 international caps, representing his country at a European Championships during a professional career which started in 2003.

Aged 37, his love for the game is far from gone, continuing to play on Sundays for Sheffield & District Fair Play League outfit Hammer & Pincers FC – then Hallam had quite the coup.

“He lives locally to Hallam FC and he’s got a family here, he’s settled,” said Hallam manager Craig Denton when questioned how his transfer came about, as per The Star.

“The chairman came across him and I managed him in a charity a couple of weeks ago. He just wants somewhere that will allow him to fit into his schedule.

“He’s a busy guy and he doesn’t want to commit too hard in terms of professional football or anything like that.

“With him being local he wants to get involved, keep in shape and enjoy himself.”

Denton doesn’t expect Pudil to play every week: “We know he has work commitments on some weekends, but we’re expecting him to play in the FA Cup against AFC Bury on Sunday 7 August.

“That’s at home, so we’re expecting it to be quite a busy one!

“Daniel just wants to play football, enjoy himself and add something to a local football club.

“In the dressing room, that spreads. How nice is it to share a space with a Czech international who has played for Sheffield Wednesday and Watford and all these clubs?

“He’s still a quality player, he’s 37 this year so he’s not that old and he looks after himself. As a manager I’m absolutely delighted to have someone of his quality.”

PUDIL’S CAREER:

Youth career
1991–2003 – Sparta Prague

Senior career
2003–2004 – Chmel Blšany – 11 games (2 goals)
2004–2008 – Slovan Liberec – 70 games (7 goals)
2007–2008 → Slavia Prague (loan) – 21 games (6 goals)
2008–2011 – Genk – 121 games (4 goals)
2012–2013 – Granada
2012 → Cesena (loan) – 7 games (1 goal)
2012–2013 → Watford (loan) – 37 games (1 goal)
2013–2016 – Watford – 60 games (2 goals)
2015–2016 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) – 35 games (2 goals)
2016–2019 – Sheffield Wednesday – 66 games (2 goals)
2019–2020 – Mladá Boleslav – 23 games (0 goals)
2020–2021 – Viktoria Žižkov
2022- Hallam

National team
2004 – Czech Republic U19 – 5 games (0 goals)
2004–2007 Czech Republic U21 – 12 games (1 goal)
2007–2016 Czech Republic – 35 games (2 goals)

Twitter users reacted as the famous 9th tier club sign up the former Sheffield Wednesday, Watford, Czech footballer…

@AndrewT28840360: Welcome to Sandygate Daniel. Looking forward to seeing you in a blue shirt again!

@NLFUnited: WOW 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

@FinlandHornet: Lucky you! 👏 good luck Dan 👌🐝

@TootallOwl: What a guy, good look!