David Prutton’s EFL predictions – 10th January

Sky Sports pundit David Prutton has given his weekly EFL score predictions and it never fails to be controversial.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit and commentator has given his thoughts on the outcome of all twelve Championship matches plus one each from Leagues One and Two. See what he went with below and on the next few pages…

BRENTFORD v QPR

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 2-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Are Brentford the side most likely to threaten Leeds and West Brom? They need to go on a real run to close the gap and this would be a great place for them to start.

QPR have had an incredible week. 11 goals in two games! Notching six against Cardiff on New Year’s Day, then putting five past Swansea in the FA Cup. There will be goals here, and I’ll go for a draw.”

CHARLTON v WEST BROM

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Charlton are sliding towards the relegation zone and Lee Bowyer needs to get some players through the door in January, that will be a huge focus for him.

“West Brom had a really poor festive season, failing to win in their last four Championship games. This is a good chance for them to get back to winning ways.”

LEEDS v SHEFFIELD WED

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 2-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Leeds were brilliant for 45 minutes against Arsenal in the FA Cup on Monday night, and their fans will be hoping that’s a sign of things to come next season.

“They are top of the league and have a big gap to third, but need to focus on the job at hand. Sheffield Wednesday had a really poor festive season, losing their last three on the spin. Despite their poor form, I fancy them to get a point.”

MIDDLESBROUGH v DERBY

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-0

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “What a remarkable turnaround at Middlesbrough! Jonathan Woodgate kept insisting results would come soon and they won four on the spin over the festive season to move closer to the play-offs than they are to the relegation zone!

“Derby are already feeling a positive impact of Wayne Rooney’s arrival, and he has already played a key role in back-to-back wins in league and cup. Boro look so good at the minute, though, that I have to back them on Saturday.”

READING v NOTT’M FOREST

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Mark Bowen has well and truly silenced the doubters! Four wins in a row and Reading are looking up rather than down for the first time in a couple of years.

“Forest are also back in form after winning their last three. They could do with adding a few goals to their side in January and that would give them a real chance of keeping their place in the top six. Draw here for me between two in-form sides.”

CARDIFF v SWANSEA

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Now this is a huge game! A South Wales derby is always a fantastic occasion and this will be no different, especially with both sides competing for a spot in the top six.

“Cardiff have stuttered a little of late under Neil Harris, while Steve Cooper will hope that FA Cup hammering at QPR won’t impact upon Swansea’s league form. I’ll back a draw.”

BARNSLEY v HUDDERSFIELD

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 0-2

BLACKBURN v PRESTON

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-1

HULL v FULHAM

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 2-1

LUTON v BIRMINGHAM

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-1

STOKE v MILLWALL

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 0-2

WIGAN v BRISTOL CITY

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-1

SUNDERLAND v WYCOMBE

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 0-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “It’s five unbeaten now for Sunderland in League One, although they still need to convert more draws into wins if Phil Parkinson is going to really get the home fans on his side at the Stadium of Light.

“Wycombe are still top, which is remarkable considering they had lost three in a row before drawing with Ipswich on New Year’s Day. It would be a shame if they slipped away in the second half of the season, and I think they could get back to winning ways here.”

SWINDON v CREWE

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-3

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Can Swindon keep going without Eoin Doyle? It is always a blow losing a striker mid-season, but to lose one who has scored that volume of goals could be catastrophic.

“Crewe will be delighted they don’t have to face him. They have won their last two in the league and have games in hand on both Swindon and Exeter above them. I reckon they could win here.”

What do you make of what David Prutton has predicted?

Let us know in the comments on our Facebook page!