Barnsley

Current bookies favourites to become next Barnsley boss

We continue our look at the favourites for Barnsley manager…

3) BOBBY HASSELL

Bobby Hassell had been the academy manager at Barnsley since 2015.

Hes was a footballer before then and made 299 appearances for the Tykes, he also played for Mansfield and Indian side Bharat FC.

Current odds on Sky Bet: 5/1

2) STEVE CHERUNDOLO

Steve Cherundolo is a name not many are familiar with in England. He was born in America but played for Hannover 96 between 1999 and 2014.

The 40 year old has also played for the US national team, making 87 appearances from 1999 and 2012.

He went into management in 2014 and since then has been assistant at Hannover 96 II, Hannover 96, VfB Stuttgart and United States and the first team manager at Hannover 96 U15 and Hannover 96 U17.

Current odds on Sky Bet: 7/2

1) JAN SIEWERT

Jan Siewert was last in charge of Huddersfield Town, but lost his job following his side’s 2-1 defeat to Fulham, dropping them to 20th in the Championship table back in August.

The Terriers were winless for this season and picked up just one win in 19 games under Siewert, leaving the board no choice but to axe the former Borussia Dortmund II boss.

Barnsley are said to be in advanced talks with Siewert, but it’s gone down badly with Tykes fans who are already annoyed that Stendel resigned because of the board and their transfer policy.

Current odds on Sky Bet: 5/2

Who do you want as the new manager?

Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook page!

Pages: 1 2

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. martin slater

    14th October 2019 at 10:09 pm

    I would appreciate someone with championship experience like Gary Rowett or Tony Pullis . . . This club needs to keep its long record in this division and advance forward
    League one is no good for us and being a yo yo club is getting too much

More in Barnsley