9th tier club set up GoFundMe page with stadium underwater and damaged by storms

9th tier club Aylesbury Vale Dynamos set up a GoFundMe page with their stadium left underwater and damaged by the recent storms.

The Buckinghamshire outfit, who play in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, has been left gutted at just how much bad luck they’ve had to suffer.

Storm Henk left one of its buildings wrecked with Aylesbury Vale Dynamos taking to Twitter, showing the ruined shelter blown on its side and parts of the ground damaged.

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos FC tweeted earlier this week: “If it wasn’t for bad luck, we’d have none!! Once again Mother Nature flicks the nads of Haywood Way. Our cow shed falls victim to the battering storm and leaves carnage in its wake.”

In a statement via the GoFundMe page: “We are Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, a community sports club with over 700 members from 4 year old girls and boys to adult senior Football. We are no stranger to the effects of mother nature as you will all know, and are hit each year with severe flooding, and last year frozen pipes that closed the clubhouse for 5 months, but this year we have been hit with another unexpected slap in the face.

“The recent storms have destroyed our spectator cow shed and left a path of destruction in its wake.

“We try and stay positive through everything thrown at us, and we work hard to make the club the best it can be for all who visit, but this has caught us off guard and we really could do with some help to buy materials for a new shelter.

“Any donations will be greatly appreciated no matter how big or small.

“Once up and running again we will pay it forward by donating the proceeds of a Saturday game gate to another club or organisation who is in need of help in some way. Thank you all for taking time to read this.”

The club suffered the same fate back in 2021 when torrential rain came doing on the 14th of January that year and left the ground underwater.

A year later, also in January, they were left ‘heartbroken’ after a burst water pipe led to significant damage to their clubhouse, but then a few months in March, they thieves entered the stadium and broke into the bar’s till.

The club issued a statement on the 1st of January 2024, where they said:

2023 – A Year of ups, downs and WATER for Dynamos !

The year started with the clubhouse closed for business due to several pipes bursting after the big thaw in late December 2022.

To make matters worse, if that was possible, a large (Thames Water) pipe burst up the road, with thousands of litres of water spewing out onto the land, and into the river.

This coupled with the relentless rain (a theme we saw throughout 2023) meant the pitches were not playable.

All home Youth matches were postponed due to the flooding and the plight of the club was even news on the BBC with Secretary, Iain Willcocks, interviewed for BBC South Today.

19th January saw a loss adjuster come to the club and assess the damage, so the club could claim on their insurance. The total amount was just shy of £100k…!

7th March saw the work really start on the refurbishment of the clubhouse after getting sign off from the owners.
The pitches were again hit with torrential rain and were all flooded on 11th March.

At the end of March we had a load of rain meaning the pitches were all flooded again.

Finally the clubhouse was ready for re-opening, almost 5 months after the initial flooding.

We also had a lot of rain and the pitches struggled…not the best start to the [2023/24] season.

October proved the wettest October in history and the next 3 weeks saw most of our pitches under water and unplayable.

Flooding was the theme of the year and we ended the calendar year with more flooding, much more. Most of November and December saw the pitches out of action again due to the horrendous weather.

We await to see what 2024 brings us…but we all pray that it is not much rain !!!

But unfortunately they did so, with the ground flooded again.

This is how fans reacted as the 9th tier club set up a GoFundMe page with their stadium underwater and damaged by storms…

@Christi98790472: Sad to see that. Mother Nature can be a…

@DTFCPOD: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ One of the nicest group of people you will ever meet in football circles can’t catch a break. Anything we can do to help just let us know . #footballfamily

@BertiefulSouth: Oh for absolute goodness sake. How much bad luck can we have? No words

@craigbroughton4: Heart breaking 😩

@LeightonTownFC: A great club that keeps getting hit by mother nature 😔 If you can donate anything I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated ❤️ #YourTownYourTeam

@Jakebaldwin22: Any help towards rebuilding the stand would be greatly appreciated, whether that be by donating or sharing, all is hugely welcomed, spread the word @ValeDynamos

Simon Lacey: Best wishes from all of us at Aylesbury United – know how hard it is to keep clubs going without set backs like this. How about a Vale v United quiz night as a fund raise? I’m sure I could get some raffle prizes together. Happy to discuss.

Lawrence Shave: I’m shocked to see this. 😪 That’s utter carnage.

Colin Young: One thing after another.. absolute nightmare, flooding at extreme levels, and a storm smashing through on Wednesday evening. Our club hugely impacted again!! Over 40 squads from 4 years of age through to 16’s with the 18’s, 23’s and Senior Semi Pro side using the stadium under floodlights. Any input no matter how small will be hugely appreciated. Many thanks in advance!