10th tier club withdraw their resignation as they live to fight another day

10th tier club Brandon United confirm the decision to withdraw their resignation as they thankfully live to fight another day.

The County Durham outfit are now able to re-start their fixtures on the 13th of January with a home fixture against Newcastle University. The club also bring in a new chairman and manager.

They currently sit bottom of the Northern League Division Two with 7 points from 19 games played, winning 2, drawing 1, losing 16, scoring 8 and conceding 88.

Statement regarding the future of Brandon United FC

The Trustees of Brandon United FC can confirm that after a meeting held this afternoon we have appointed a new Chairman who will also become a Trustee for Brandon United FC.
We have a rescue package in place to allow us to continue as a Charity and compete in the Northern League too.

We have, today, appointed a first team manager and will be working with him and the new Chairman to build a team for the forthcoming games.

If anyone would like to be involved in the club or help in any capacity please let us know …

The Northern League have issued a statement: Brandon United has informed the league that they will today formally withdraw their resignation.

The club has brought in a new chairman and manager.

They will re-start their fixtures on January 13 with a home fixture against Newcastle University.

League chairman Glenn Youngman said:

“We are delighted that Brandon United will remain in the league.

“We have worked closely with them, including suspending their fixtures so they could attempt to keep the club going and it’s great news that they’ve been able to appoint a new chairman and manager to take the club forward.”

On the 4th of December, they said in a statement: “The Trustees of Brandon United FC can confirm that we have, this evening, withdrawn from the Northern League Division 2 with immediate effect.

“We are unable to fulfil any remaining fixtures and after taking advice both financially.”

Then on the 18th of the same month, they added: “The trustees wish to confirm that “Brandon United Football Club” gave notice to the Northern League that it was unable to fulfil its fixtures due to its financial constraints. Subsequently our fixtures have been suspended until 23.12.23 .

“Should there be any serious interest to take on the charity / football Club and its creditors then a full proposal detailing how this will be achieved must be received in writing by 5pm on Wednesday 20.12.23.

“Should there be no acceptable proposals the Trustees will then make arrangements for its assets to be sold to pay off any creditors.

“All proposals should be sent to: brandonunitedfootballclub@gmail.com”

Social media users reacted as the 10th tier club withdraw their resignation as they live to fight another day…

@pieman2pieship: Great news… proper club!

@utdlee7: Great news

@Cecil_Slip: Great to hear!

@HoppersGuide: Glad you have been ale to sort something out guys! Good luck going forward 👍

@NathanHelliwel4: Brilliant news absolutely fantastic to be honest. We as a club @GooleAFC are proud to be associated with you at @BrandonUnited we will see you all soon for a fantastic day

Anthony Phillipson: Good news great little club

Alan Nibber Burnham: Need a player give me a call my son will play

Andrew Bell: Our devs gonna be happy knowing we gonna be back every week

Gareth Ronnie Coxon: Hopefully all the locals who were making a noise will now help out

Jamie Brett: Nice to know who the owners actually are? What’s there plans and intentions? This might be important information before calling the masses for backing. Let’s not forget we have been here before and we all know how that materialised. Let’s see what happens over the next few months?

Alan Richardson: Best of luck to Brandon United and hopefully everyone pulls together and backs the club. Brilliant to hear a positive outcome 👏

Colin Smith: Good luck from Hebburn town fc guys 🤞🏻

David Fort: Fantastic news so pleased to hear well done to all involved and wish you every success going forward 👏👏👌⚽️

Graham Wallace: Brilliant news, hope whoever has taken over does a great job!

Connor Lambert: Get the local lads in! Plenty there that are good enough to play in that league

Barry Ross: Connor Lambert it’s not just players pal thats needed it’s people to clean dressing rooms out,mark the pitch cut the pitch, wash the strips etc and raise funds.

John Toon Carrick: Come on Brandon folk get behind them