Welsh side wins fight against 21-point deduction

Welsh side Bangor City have won an appeal against alleged breaches of Football Association of Wales rules.

It looked as though they were to be relegated to the Welsh Alliance, the third tier, if their 21 points deduction appeal failed.

Three months ago, they were initially set to be handed a 42-point deduction, have a number of charges handed to them and not be able to buy any players until the 31st of December 2019 after being played under a transfer embargo.

An unnamed Italian is in talks to purchase Bangor City from Vaughan Sports Management.

Though a fair amount of fans have switched their interest towards fan-owned Bangor 1876, who have appointed manager Mel Jones, made high-profile signings such as Les Davies and a series of impressive pre-season wins according to North Wales Chronicle.

BANGOR CITY CLUB STATEMENT:

“Bangor City Football Club have today won the appeal of a 21-point deduction imposed on them by the Football Association of Wales.

Furthermore, they also challenged an additional charge placed upon them.

The club, represented by Christopher O’Neal, can confirm that the appeal, which took place in Birmingham, was 100 per cent successful and the further charge was not proven.

“This is the conclusion of a long, drawn-out battle with the FAW,” said the club’s representative. “The Association furnished upon the panel in excess of 1000 documents. Despite this, we have proven the case in favour of the club and we look forward to the forthcoming season.

“For the integrity of football in Wales, we now hope that the FAW will consider the findings and make peace with us as a member club.”

The club will now prepare for its first fixture in the JD Cymru North League, with further details on that matter to follow.

Stephen Vaughan Jr., the club’s manager, is delighted with the outcome and now wants to focus on on-pitch matters.

He said: “It’s now time to start playing some football, to put this behind us and begin our League programme.

“I would just like to put on record how appreciative we are to Chris O’Neal who has represented the club throughout this process with absolute class.

“We’ve prepared well and the lads have been excellent in not letting anything but football come into their minds. They’re raring to go.”

After finding out that Bangor City will not be given a points deduction and the addition charge, fans took to give their reaction, some pleased and others not so – find out what was tweeted on the next page.