Well known Middlesbrough fan goes viral with celebration despite being 6-1 down at Chelsea

Well known Middlesbrough fan ‘Yusuf’ goes viral with celebration despite being 6-1 down at Chelsea in the Carabao Cup Semi Final Second Leg.

The recognisable figure was spotted in the away end at Stamford Bridge with Boro giving their supporters something to cheer about.

Morgan Rogers added a late consolation goal for the Championship outfit, after the Blues overturned a 1-0 defeat in first leg through Cole Palmer’s double, plus goals from Enzo Fernandez, Axel Disasi, Noni Madueke and a Jonny Howson own goal.

Yusuf was seen live on Sky Sports doing the ‘cold’ celebration, which Cole Palmer did after scoring in the game on Tuesday night having been inspired Morgan Rogers, now at Middlesbrough.

Player ratings (via Sky Sports)

Chelsea: Petrovic (6), Disasi (8), Silva (7), Colwill (7), Chilwell (8), Caicedo (7), Fernandez (8), Sterling (8), Palmer (9), Mudryk (5), Broja (6).

Subs: Madueke (8), Gallagher (8), Gilchrist (6), Chukwuemeka (6), Castledine (n/a).

Middlesbrough: Glover (5), Van den Berg (5), Fry (4), Clarke (4), Engel (4), Howson (4), Barlaser (4), Crooks (5), Hackney (6), Forss (5), Rogers (7).

Subs: Dijksteel (5), O’Brien (5), Gilbert (n/a).

Player of the match: Cole Palmer

Chelsea winger Cole Palmer, speaking on Sky Sports: “After the first game, we knew it’d be difficult but to get the win and go to Wembley for the first time this season, it’s going to be a good day.

“I missed three sitters in the first game so it was always in the back of my mind coming into this game. To score two and go through to Wembley, I’m happy.

“We’ve not had the best of starts, there is no hiding it but to go to Wembley is a great opportunity to get a trophy and we’re looking forward to it.”

Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino, speaking to Sky Sports: “Today we were very clinical in front of goal. We missed that in the first leg and we were disappointed. Today we were really good and I think that is the difference.”

On Cole Palmer: “He is a player with an amazing talent. It is a player that understands the game. He has the quality and the talent to see the situation and to read the game in another aspect.

“He can play from the right, striker or in behind the striker. We try to give him freedom because in this type of game he can find the best position to help the team.

“For me, [the best part] is when he presses and then the intuition to get the ball back. He is still young but he is doing fantastic for us.”

How important will the final be for you and your team?“It is really important. Sometimes we can think about the history of Chelsea and the missing players. We are young and we need to grow.

“These types of games are a good experience for young players and it is about now growing and it will help us to compete. We are building a very good team. The mentality is good. We have plenty but we need time.

“I think the performance, I was never disappointed with the performance – it was because we were not clinical. Today I think is our ninth game unbeaten and it is really good. It is a new project. We are building a team and sometimes it is normal to play worse. We played well and we didn’t win but now it will be a big boost for us.

“We don’t have much time to prepare for Aston Villa and also with many injuries, I think we are very happy. People need to believe and trust in us and we go to the final with the chance of winning the first trophy of the season.”

On Ben Chilwell’s return: “It is really good because he is one of our captains. But of course, with him, we haven’t had him for the whole season and now it is another period for him to cope for 90 minutes.

“We know what we are doing and today he added the experience and quality. I am happy to recover this kind of player because we are going to get the benefit.”

On conceding late on: “I was really upset because we need to learn from that. We need to play seriously until the end. Sometimes it looks like you didn’t finish the game and you lost a bit of focus.

“We are disappointed to concede the goal but we need to use every single second to improve. It didn’t kill my happiness but I was a little bit disappointed with the finish to the game.”

Can you relax and watch the other semi-final now? “Not too much relax because we will be on the training ground at 6:30am to prepare for the FA Cup on Friday.

“That is another chance to go through so we need to prepare for the game. Friday is soon and there is no time to relax.”

Middlesbrough manager Michael Carrick, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live:ย “It’s tough. It’s hugely disappointing in the end because the boys have worked so hard to get here and in the first leg and be in a position where we come here and are right here.

“Six shots on target, six goals. It’s pretty ruthless, pretty hard and pretty brutal. I know there are a couple of goals where we could have done better but I can’t fault the boys for that.

“The effort and the way they stuck to it, I was really proud of them to be honest because that is not easy. I felt it was a bit brutal how ruthless they were.

“It’s tough and credit to them for sticking to it. It was a little bit of shellshock. We came here to play a certain way and we thought we were in it and then all of a sudden the writing is on the wall.

“We kept going and playing and big moments unravelled a little bit. They scored from nowhere in some ways and then Morgan [Rogers] has a chance at a corner at 1-0 and we need them to go for us.

“They went for us last time and they didn’t go for us this time.”

Viewers reacted as the well known Middlesbrough fan goes viral with that celebration despite being 6-1 down at Chelsea…

@UpTheBoro29: Yusuf Is Famous ๐Ÿ˜‚ Love It

@stewallace86: Thatโ€™s @YusufBoro and heโ€™s a better fan than any of those in the home end at Stamford Bridge. Fact.

@mattylarsen2: Thats our @YusufBoro ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@danaaron_86: Love the top shithousery from @YusufBoro ๐Ÿคฃ