Connect with us

Non League

VIDEO: Goalkeeper squares up to fan after being taunted during county cup tie

Worksop goalkeeper Sebastian Malkowski has been captured in a video as he squares up to a fan after being taunted during a county cup tie.

The 34 year old shot stopper let his anger get the better of him, jumping into the stands and picking out a particular supporter who had allegedly abused him.

It’s claimed that the word ‘nonce’ was used on multiple occasions throughout the game, so it’s no wonder he retaliated, showing just how much it hurt him.

You can see the flare up happen for yourself in the video below, and prior to that you can see not just the abuse but harmless banter aimed at him…

The vlogger in the video says on the incident: “Those lads certainly had been giving the keeper grief, bit of aggro all game and he to be fair, you know, alright he was probably a little bit rattled, I would say.

“Yes he was giving it some they scored and that and he was giving it some to the crowd, a lot of it was banter of course it was, you know it was good to see the funny side of it, but that towards the end, he shouldn’t have reacted like that.

“Obviously you know, yes the kid shouldn’t have done what he did but he [the keeper] shouldn’t have reacted, you’re a professional footballer, yes you play semi-pro, but you conduct yourself in a better manner.

“He he had nutted him, then what?! A massive brawl to play out? It’s a really sour note to end on what was a terrific game of football. Worksop, through to the final, should go on and win it. We’ll go to Worksop all being well with less drama.”

546 spectators were attendance to watch Worksop advance with a 2-1 victory against Rossington Main. The Tigers will play Maltby Main (who won 3-2 at home to Parkgate) in the Sheffield and Hallamshire Senior Cup Final tie.

The first goal of the game came from Rossington following a goalmouth scramble which saw the ball come out to Munday on the right-hand side of the Worksop box and the defender buried his effort past Malkowski.

Rossington made it hard for the Tigers to get back into the, having several opportunities to extend their lead going into the break but bluffed them.

The second half started with Rossington on the front foot, though another great save pulled out from Malkowski prevented them from going 2-0 up.

Rossington would have regretted that miss as Worksop got themselves back on level terms just a minute later after Hardy got himself into the area and he saw a deflected shot wrongfoot Johnson, and nestle at his near post.

The Tigers then went in front after the hour. Hardy hit a left-footed shot, being palmed into the path of McDonnell, and a fine finish put Worksop in the driving seat.

After a spell of dominance from the away side, Rossington tried to get back in the game, and nearly grabbed an equaliser with Tyla Bell outmuscling Jake Picton but a fierce low shot went just wide of the far post.

As the game went into its last ten minutes, Rossington again went close from Bell’s free-kick. The effort on goal was tipped over the bar by Malkowski.

Worksop almost sealed the win in injury time as McDonnell’s chipped cross met Luke Morris, only to volley over the bar from 12 yards.

They held on firm to see Worksop progress into their 34th Sheffield Senior Cup final since 1900.

Worksop Town boss Craig Parry said after the game: “I do class it as my first proper season here [due to last season’s early curtailment] and I am delighted to take Worksop and represent the club in a final,” he said.

“I have made it clear from minute one that this cup was a priority for us in doing that because I know it is a big thing for the club and the fans and I am really proud to be stood here doing that and managing this fantastic football club.

“With the great fans here, to take them into a final is excellent and hopefully, we can do them proud in the final and bring some silverware back home.”

Parry added: “Fair play to Rossington; they need a big pat on the back as they were unlucky.

“We had a little bit of quality in the final third at the right time and it has seen us through, but we have got a lot of improvements that we need to address.

“I think it took us a little bit to get used to their system; they sprung us a little bit of a surprise with the way they set up and we just couldn’t get to grips with things in the middle of the park due to their midfield diamond.

“They just worked harder than us; they wanted it more and we couldn’t wait for the half-time whistle to come to change things and re-evaluate and we needed someone like Vaughan Redford to come on the pitch and spark us into life.

“I need us all to get in training and have a little discussion, so our priority is this next 48 hours and then we move onto Stocksbridge.”

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Non League