With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Premier League…
– Aston Villa and England midfielder Jack Grealish, 25, could stay at the club this summer, with both Manchester City and Manchester United unwilling to match Villa’s £130m valuation, according to ex-Villa captain Gabriel Agbonlahor. (Talksport)
– Brentford will bid to sign left-back Gabriel Fuentes, 24, from Junior FC in his native Colombia. (Sun)
– According to Sport Italia journalist Gianluigi Longari, Manchester City are one of the few Premier League clubs following Leeds United winger Raphinha. Man Utd also keen but Liverpool are leading the race.
– Leeds United have been offered the chance to sign former loanee Eddie Nketiah this summer, with Arsenal wanting £20m for the English forward, 22. (Football Insider)
– Manchester City and Brazil midfielder Fernandinho, 36, and Newcastle and England striker Andy Carroll, 32, have both been included on their club’s released list which was published by the Premier League. However, clubs have until 23 June to send their final list. (Premier League)
– West Brom have told Brazilian midfielder Matheus Pereira, 25, he can leave the Championship club this summer, if they are offered at least £15m. Aston Villa, Brentford, Brighton, Norwich City and with Leeds United are among those who have made enquiries. (Teamtalk)
– Leicester City are one of a number of clubs interested in a summer move for Bournemouth winger Arnaut Danjuma following the Cherries’ failure to return to the Premier League this season, according to reports. The Daily Mail report that City are joining Wolfsburg and Lyon in the race for the 24-year-old who scored 15 Championship goals in the season just gone.
– Arsenal are trying to sign Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves after the Portuguese star was made available. The Athletic have previously stated that Neves could leave Molineux for £35m this summer and Arsenal could well be prepared to pay that for the former Porto star. Neves has two years remaining on his Molineux contract and his value has reduced. Wolves’ owners Fosun International rejected an offer of €60m for Neves after his first season in the Premier League.
– Manchester United have entered the race to sign Fleetwood Town teenager Josh Feeney, who has been linked with a move to Aston Villa. Feeney, a central defender, is the current captain of England Under-16s looks set to leave the League One club at the end of this month, with a Premier League side being his likely destination.
– Wolverhampton Wanderers are interested in signing Barcelona duo Francisco Trincao and Carles Alena during this summer’s transfer window. According to RAC1’s Gerard Romero, Wolves could be a possible destination for Trincao, who is represented by super-agent Jorge Mendes.
– Newcastle United are reportedly interested in a move for Brest left-back Romain Perraud. The full-back registered seven assists and three goals, and his performances are said to have attracted the attention of the Magpies and Leeds United.
– West Ham are eyeing a move for Nottingham Forest defender Joe Worrall but face heavy competition from Burnley and Crystal Palace, according to The Athletic.
– Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 28, has told Crystal Palace that he wants to leave, ideally before pre-season training starts. (Times)
– Everton could step up their interest in Wolves’ Portuguese winger Pedro Neto, 21, if they appoint Nuno as their new manager. (Liverpool Echo)
– Everton are considering a move for PSV Eindhoven’s Netherlands right-back Denzel Dumfries, 25. (Voetbal International)
– As per El Periodico Mediterraneo, Villarreal are considering a move to sign Wolves’ Rafa Mir in the summer window, with a price quoted at between €6-8m (£5.2-6.9m) for his signature.
– Everton man Yannick Bolasie is officially a free agent after he was released from the Premier League side. Bolasie had spent the last five months on loan at the Riverside Stadium, making 15 appearances for the club, scoring three and creating three more during his time on Teessider. Neil Warnock is keen to bring him back.
– Arsenal are set to focus on the signing of Norwich’s Argentine midfielder Emi Buendia, 24, now that a permanent move for Real Madrid and Norway midfielder Martin Odegaard, 22, looks unlikely. (Times, subscription required)
– Everton and West Ham are interested in Lazio and Argentina forward Joaquin Correa, 26, with the Italian side willing to negotiate for around £30m to help fund new signings. (Italy24News)
– Sheffield United believe they only have a slim chance of signing Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney this summer, a report from The Sheffield Star has revealed.
– Burnley, Norwich, Cardiff, Swansea, Barnsley, Stoke have asked Liverpool about taking Wales right-back Neco Williams, 20, on loan next season. Liverpool have a decision to make as to whether to loan him out for next season or keep him as competition/cover. (Teamtalk)
– Leicester are closing in on the signing of French midfielder Boubakary Soumare, 22, from Lille and remain interested in Tammy Abraham if the English striker, 23, leaves Chelsea this summer. (Leicester Mercury)
– Leeds United and Brighton have joined Rangers in the race to sign Sparta Rotterdam’s Dutch midfielder Abdou Harroui, 23. (Football Insider)
– Manchester City are, however, closing in on the signing of 18-year-old Fluminense midfielder Metinho, who is known as the “Brazilian Paul Pogba”. (Goal)
– Fulham are interested in a move for Newcastle United striker Dwight Gayle this summer, a report from The Chronicle has revealed.
– Nottingham Forest could still secure a permanent move for Fulham defender Cyrus Christie this summer despite a one-year extension having been triggered in his deal at Craven Cottage, according to Nottinghamshire Live.
– New Roma coach Jose Mourinho wants to sign one of three goalkeeper targets: Tottenham and France’s Hugo Lloris, 34, Juventus and Poland’s Wojciech Szczesny, 31, or Wolves and Portugal’s Rui Patricio, 33. (La Gazetta dello Sport)
– Premier League champions Manchester City are considering making a move for Fulham defender Antonee Robinson this summer as they aim to strengthen their left-back options, per The Sun.
– According to the Premier League’s official retained list, reported Derby County target Gary Cahill is one of 22 players set to leave Crystal Palace this summer.
– Arsenal’s Swiss international Granit Xhaka, 28, remains Roma’s top target in midfield. (Corriere dello Sport)
– Jesse Lingard is not ready to sign any new deal at Old Trafford having become very much a part of things at the London Stadium where his career was kick started big style.
– Portsmouth are interested in a move for Southampton winger and former Doncaster Rovers loanee Josh Sims.
– BBC’s Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty has claimed that Ross Barkley is set to leave Chelsea this summer, amid reports linking him with a move to West Ham.
– Liverpool could listen to offers this summer for former Preston North End defender Ben Davies, according to reports. The 25-year-old joined the Premier League giants in the January transfer window for an undisclosed fee from PNE.
– Norwich City are plotting a summer move for Tosin Adarabioyo, according to The Athletic. The central defender moved to Fulham last summer following their promotion to the Premier League and enjoyed a decent campaign on an individual level despite the club suffering relegation back to the second tier.
– Blackburn Rovers loanee from last season Harvey Elliott is wanted by Watford. Liverpool have a decision to make as to whether to loan him out again.
– AFC Bournemouth have made enquiries into the potential permanent signing of Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers according to a recent report from The Athletic.
– Chelsea are reportedly willing to sell Hakim Ziyech for the right price this summer. (Calciomercato)
– Oli McBurnie will be “very interested” in signing for Rangers and the “proper target man” would prove a hit at Ibrox, according to Paddy Kenny.
– Atletico Madrid right-back Kieran Trippier, 30, has told England colleagues he is keen to join Manchester United this summer. (Mirror)
– Manchester United have been told it will cost them £81.5m to sign England winger Jadon Sancho, 21, from Borussia Dortmund. (Mirror)
– That deal would mean rivals Manchester City will pocket £11m in sell-on fees after helping to develop Sancho in their academy. (Mirror)
– Barcelona are considering making an improved offer to Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, who is set to leave Liverpool on a free transfer, after Paris St-Germain eclipsed Barca’s initial offer. (Marca)
– Next week Barca will offer a long-term extension to Ilaix Moriba, the 18-year-old Spanish midfielder who has one year left on his current deal and has been linked with Manchester City and Manchester United. (Marca)
ALAN NIXON SAYS:
– Sheff U. In for Clucas from Stoke. Free agent until end of month. Blackburn, Millwall and Forest also keeping an eye on that one.
– Sheff U. Kean Bryan offered a deal to stay. But German side Schalke making late move to disrupt that.
– Man City. Have rival interest from Barcelona in young Spanish striker Mateo Joseph at Espanyol. Both trying to take him now. Also qualifies for England.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Premier League Facebook page.
Check out the Football League rumours on the next page.