With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
– Brentford and QPR have both reportedly dropped out of the race to sign Nigerian winger Tosin Kehinde. The former Manchester United youngster, 22, has impressed for Danish club Randers and has been tipped to move on this summer.
– Portsmouth are still the ‘frontrunner’ to sign Jayden Stockley from Preston North End, as detailed in a report by the Lancashire Post. Charlton Athletic, Ipswich Town and Rotherham United also said to be keen.
– QPR, Nottingham Forest and Barnsley-linked Emiliano Marcondes is expected to be a wanted man this summer. The 26 year old attacker is available on a free transfer after parting company with Brentford and is being eyed by clubs in England, France and Germany, as per a report by the Daily Mail.
– Portsmouth have been tipped to move for Accrington Stanley midfielder Matt Butcher according to The News.
– Amid links to the likes of Luton Town and Millwall, Sunderland man Luke O’Nien is now said to have received “alternative offers” to the new deal proposed by his current club. His deal expires at the end of this month, and can leave if a new one isn’t agreed. (Sunderland Echo)
– Sheffield Wednesday have been linked with a move for Stoke City striker Lee Gregory in the past 24 hours as the club ponder their first summer signing. Derby and Middlesbrough also interested.
– Everton have been named as the favourites to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney this summer. The ex-Peterborough United star stepped up to the second tier with aplomb last season, netting a stunning 33 Championship goals. (Sky Bet)
– Leeds United’s hopes of signing Middlesbrough’s £15m-rated defender Dael Fry have been dealt a blow, with the latest reports claiming the club’s chairman has ruled out selling the 23-year-old star this summer. (The 72)
– Bolton Wanderers are still looking to bring in at least FIVE new signings this summer, says Ian Evatt. A goalkeeper, a centre-back and at least one striker are his primary targets, there are other positions he could still bolster if the right man becomes available.
– Aston Villa manager Dean Smith is reportedly lining up a move for Watford midfielder Will Hughes in the summer transfer window. He enters the final year of his contract, despite the midfielder’s recent insistence that he’s happy at Vicarage Road.
– According to the Newham Recorder, 27-year-old Lawrence Vigoroux is on Michael Appleton’s radar at Lincoln as his Leyton Orient contract is set to expire.
– According to the East Anglian Daily Times, Derby County are rivalling Ipswich Town and Nottingham Forest for Rotherham United’s influential attacker Matt Crooks.
– Preston North End have emerged as a contender to sign attacking midfielder Izzy Brown, according to reports from Lancs Live.
– AFC Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing is a transfer target for Premier League side Norwich City this summer, according to The Mirror.
– Following a prolific short-term loan with Barnsley, Daryl Dike has garnered plenty of top-flight interest. According to Adam Leventhal of The Athletic, Watford now have £14m rated Dike on their radar.
– Both Burton Albion and Bradford City are chasing versatile midfield dynamo Danny Lloyd. The 29-year-old enjoyed an outstanding season at Tranmere after joining them on a short-term deal in November and his efforts have caught the eye of several clubs in League One and Two.
– Rivals Bristol City, Cardiff City and Swansea City are all interested in free midfield agent Matty James, 29, who will be leaving Leicester City this summer after nine years at the club. (Mail)
– Hayden Mullins says Colchester United are still hoping to bring in ‘a number of players’ ahead of the new season. The U’s made a double signing on Thursday with the capture of Luke Chambers and Luke Hannant from Ipswich Town and Cambridge United. Mullins told Col U TV: “It’s shaping up OK at the moment.”There’s still a number of players we want to get in and we’re looking at.”But with the lads we’ve got in so far, it’s been a great window for us at the moment.”Hopefully, in the next coming days we can bring some more news and some players we’re talking to and we can keep building.”
– Fulham’s former England Under-19 defender Tosin Adarabioyo, 23, who is wanted by Arsenal and Newcastle, will be able to leave Craven Cottage for £10m this summer because of a release clause in his contract. (Mail)
– Cardiff City are rumoured to be plotting a move for Wolves starlet Ryan Giles. The 21-year-old is yet to make a senior appearance for his club, and spent last season on loan with Rotherham United. (Football Insider)
– Sunderland remain in talks with Charlie Wyke over a new deal, despite receiving contract offers from elsewhere. Reports from the Northern Echo have claimed that Celtic, Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough have all submitted offers for the striker who found the net 30 times last season.
– Norwich City have quickly identified their preferred replacement for Emiliano Buendia after his club-record transfer to Aston Villa, according to reports. The player in question is £3.2m rated Norberto Briasco, who plays in Argentina for Huracan and represents Armenia internationally (qualifying through his maternal grandfather).
– Rangers centre-back George Edmundson is attracting interest south of the border following his loan spell at Derby County in the 2020-21 season, according to Football Insider. Gers have turned down offers from multiple English sides for the 23-year-old.
– Ipswich midfielder Flynn Downes is a target for Championship Barnsley, claim Football Insider. The 22-year-old is in the final 12 months of his contract at Portman Road and manager Paul Cook has given him the green light to leave should an appropriate transfer offer be forthcoming.
– Bristol Rovers are among the clubs interested in signing Barnsley winger Luke Thomas on loan for next season, a report from Gloucestershire Live has claimed.
– West Ham are reportedly at the front of the queue along with Fulham in the race to sign £20m rated Blackburn Rovers striker Adam Armstrong this summer. According to The Lancashire Telegraph, West Ham have enquired about the Blackburn forward, which has put them ahead of the likes of Newcastle, Southampton, Norwich City and Brighton. No bids as of yet however.
– Bristol City and Blackburn are interested in signing former Leeds United left-back Barry Douglas. Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir and a number of MLS clubs are said to be. However, it has been suggested that Douglas is reluctant to move abroad for next season. Celtic and Rangers also have an eye on him.
– Fulham have turned down a £16m bid from Dynamo Moscow for Serbia striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, 26. (Sun)
– Middlesbrough are not the only club interested in signing Chuks Aneke from Charlton Athletic, they also need to battle with Bristol City for his signing.
– Tottenham Hotspur are among the clubs interested in giving Sheffield United’s English goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale a chance to stay in the top flight. Wolves are also interested in the 23-year-old. (Mail)
– Middlesbrough reportedly remain interested in Rotherham’s Michael Smith and Cambridge’s Paul Mullin after strong campaigns for both at various levels. Preston North End, Rotherham United, Plymouth Argyle, and Bristol Rovers are also keen on Mullin.
– Bristol City boss Nigel Pearson is hoping to secure a new deal for Andi Weimann ‘in the next week or so’, as per Bristol Live, with Stoke City linked.
– Derby County have been dealt a blow in their potential bid to bring Isaac Success to Pride Park this summer. He wants to stay and fight for his place.
– Allan Campbell is wanted by multiple English teams, with Fulham and Millwall believed to be two of the teams after the Motherwell academy graduate (DR).
– Reports in the Netherlands state that PSV have received an offer from Swansea for Joel Piroe. WalesOnline revealed recently that the Championship club are eying a £1million move for the young striker. Voetbal International believe the offer is in the region of 2million euros.
– Reports on the south coast state that Swansea and Milwall are keeping track of Portsmouth youngster Gerard Storey. The midfielder was released by the League One side this summer, with the Portsmouth News stating that Swansea’s under-23s side are taking a look at him.
ALAN NIXON SAYS:
– Portsmouth want a new keeper. WBA lad Griffiths of interest. Lincoln like too. Loan decision coming.
– Chelsea. Will loan out keeper Nathan Baxter. Hull keen and Sunderland poss. Sunderland close to deal for Man U freebie keeper Jacob Carney.
– Man City. Will loan out classy young centre half Taylor Harwood-Bellis. Needs to play though. Blackburn Brentford and some German sides interested.
– Morecambe. Want Ryan Delaney. Centre half released by Bolton.
– Leeds. Looking into price if Maxwel Cornet at Lyon. French club want 20m or so. Top talent.
– QPR keeper Liam Kelly wanted by both Motherwell and Dundee U. Poss loan.
– Newcastle. Bruce will get a transfer warchest from Ashley. Around 50m for this window.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Football League Facebook page.
Check out the latest done deals by clicking on the next page.