Transfer Talk: Coady, Clucas, Doherty, Phillips, Windass, McGinn, Maitland-Niles, Dodoo, Cosgrove, O’Donnell

With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…

– Scotland right-back Stephen O’Donnell, 29, has an exit clause in his Motherwell contract that has alerted several English Championship clubs, including Birmingham City, Derby County, Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers and Barnsley. (Mail on Sunday)

– Bristol City are yet to make a decision on the long-term future of defender Taylor Moore this summer but they are weighing up what to do with the 24-year-old, according to Bristol Live. West Brom and Blackpool are keen.

– Blackpool’s English striker Jerry Yates, 24, is being lined up by Blackburn as a potential replacement for former England Under-21 striker Adam Armstrong, 24, who has been linked with West Ham, Southampton and Norwich City. (Sun)

– Newcastle United lead a four-club race to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers this summer. Bournemouth, Cardiff City and Fulham are also keen. (SBI)

– Ipswich Town are considering a move for out of contract Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Ben Amos, South London Press reporter Richard Cawley has revealed.

– Derek Adams has promised that more signings are on the way at Bradford City as his squad begins to take shape ahead of his first season at the club. “We have got players we have agreed contracts with, we just need to get them through their medicals,” Adams told BBC Radio Leeds. “We will be in a much better position compared to a few weeks ago.” Adams is keen to bolster his forward options but admits that it is not a straightforward task. He continued: “We will look to add to that area in the coming weeks. We have to sign the right type of centre forward. “The market is difficult. We are doing our best to try and get in another striker.” He continued: “We have still got work to do. We have about four new signings to make and we haven’t entered the loan market yet. He added: “We have made a number of signings that nobody knows about at this moment in time and that will come to fruition in the next couple of weeks.” “I would say we are in a very good position at this stage in the transfer window. To only have four players to get with the remaining time, it has been a very good two weeks.”

– Wigan Athletic chief executive Mal Brannigan was coy on rumours linking Will Grigg with a return to the North West. Russell Martin’s side are believed to be keen on striking a permanent deal, so too have national reports linked Grigg with a return to former side Wigan Athletic.

– Wigan Athletic attacker Joe Dodoo is yet to put pen-to-paper on a new deal with his current contract expiring at the end of the month. Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham United and Ipswich Town are all said to be interested, according to a report by Football Insider.

– Released Pompey youngster Eoin Teggart is determined to seize any chance to continue his football development in England. Portadown and Warrenpoint have both made their interest known in the teenager winger, interest he appreciates. But a move back across the water is something Teggart is currently striving for as he trains on his own in order to maintain his fitness.

– West Brom are being linked with a move for Stoke City midfielder Sam Clucas. The Baggies are hoping to bounce back to the Premier League at the first attempt – and Football Insider reckons they are targeting Clucas for around £3m.

– Blackpool offered Gary Madine a new contract at the end of last season. Madine, who is 30-years-old, is still yet to put pen-to-paper on a fresh contract with the Tangerines with his current deal expiring at the end of the month.

– Premier League duo Crystal Palace and Leicester City are reportedly interested in signing Sheffield Wednesday youngster Charles Hagan.

– Ipswich Town are reportedly keen on recruiting Birmingham City striker Sam Cosgrove on loan. Manager Lee Bowyer will allow the 24-year-old to depart on loan this summer.

– Middlesbrough have been linked with Rotherham United striker Michael Smith throughout the transfer window, however, it now seems Boro have beaten their competition (Bristol City) in the race for the 29-year-old.

– Peterborough United’s co-owner and chairman Darragh MacAnthony has teased fans with an imminent signing, stating that the first signing is set to be confirmed on Monday. Exeter City starlet Joel Randall and goalscoring midfielder Jamie McGrath have both been linked with moves to London Road this summer. Despite speculation, the club are still waiting to seal their first signing. However, it now seems a transfer breakthrough could be made imminently.

– Reading defender Tom McIntyre still has a contract offer on the table, Berkshire Live has reported.

– Reading star Michael Olise is being urged to stay with the Royals next season to aid his development. That is despite the teenager being strongly linked with a move away from the Madejski Stadium this summer, amid reported interest from Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Leicester as well as Bayern Munich and Lille.

– Sheffield United’s refusal to lower their valuation of Sander Berge looks to be having the desired effect. The Blades hierarchy continue to adopt the stance that the Norwegian international will not depart Bramall Lane for anything lower than the £35m release clause figure inserted into his contract. That is so far putting prospective buyers off from making an offer.

– Stoke could face frustration if they pursue a loan move for Liverpool defender Neco Williams. The Potters are reportedly interested in taking the 22-year-old full back amid reports the Premier League giants were considering whether to let him out on loan.

– Sheffield United are not expecting to be involved in a flurry of transfer activity any time soon, despite being linked with numerous players. Manager Slavisa Jokanovic is understood to be relaxed about new signings and although meetings have been held with the club’s head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, there is an air of calmness around his impending arrival. The 52-year-old is entering the final weeks of his contract with Al Gharafa and officially takes charge of the Blades on July 1.

– Millwall have made an official bid for Sheffield Wednesday ace Josh Windass, The Star has reported. Fulham, Birmingham City, QPR and Preston North End have also been credited with interest in Windass, who could be heading for the Hillsborough exit door following their relegation to League One.

– Blackburn Rovers have been linked with a move for Wigan Athletic’s Viv Solomon-Otabor with the winger yet to agree a new deal with the League One outfit. Charlton, Sunderland and Blackpool are also interested.

– Cameron Jerome has signed for Luton Town after turning down an offer to remain at Stadium MK next season.

– Swansea City have not yet received formal offers for midfielders Newcastle United and Southampton linked Matt Grimes and Yan Dhanda despite both being subject of interest from other sides, according to Wales Online.

– Sunderland have all-but-accepted defeat in their battle to retain Charlie Wyke, with the forward having held a fresh round of talks with senior Celtic officials in the last few days.

– Huddersfield Town are not prepared to let defender Pipa depart the club on the cheap this summer amid interest from Portuguese side Sporting CP but he could be sold at the right price, according to Yorkshire Live.

– Blackburn Rovers will consider a move for Toulouse striker Rhys Healey this summer, as per a report by the Lancashire Telegraph. The likes of Sheffield United, West Brom and Middlesbrough are also said to be keen, as per a report by TEAMtalk.

– Cardiff City hope to agree a deal for Solihull Moors striker Kyle Hudlin, according to The Sun on Sunday. The likes of Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield Town are also believed to be interested, as per a report by Football Insider.

ALAN NIXON SAYS:

– Morecambe. Want a loan deal to take centre half Magliore from Blackburn

– Mansfield. Keen to snap up keeper Nathan Bishop from Man U. Experienced at Southend last season. Second season on loan on cards for him.

– Luton. Very keen on Mendes Gomes at Morecambe. Shrimps want 500k. Hull keeping an eye on that too.

– Oxford keen on Jamie Robson at Dundee U. Shouldn’t be too hard to do.

– AFC Wimbledon emerging as favourites for midfielder Luke McCormick at Chelsea. Could take on free with a sell on. Championship clubs not being offered that deal just now.

– Watford. Want to give Austria keeper Bachmann a longer and better contract.

– Bristol City. Getting closer to Oxford valuation for Rob Atkinson. Take around 1.6m. Celtic like him too.

– Stoke. Looking to snap up keeper Jack Bonham from Gillingham.

– Ipswich. Trying very hard for keeper Siegrist at Dundee U. Wigan also taken an interest but Cook has more funds for this one.

– Gillingham. Want keeper Ryan Allsop. Leaving Wycombe.

– Portsmouth. Low opening bid for Jack Tucker at Gillingham. Also fighting Burton for Man City keeper Bazunu on loan.

—————-

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

LEAGUE ONE TABLE

LEAGUE TWO TABLE

—————-

What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?

Let us know your thoughts on our Football League Facebook page.

Check out the latest done deals by clicking on the next page.

Pages: 1 2 3 4