With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Premier League…
– Juventus are interested in signing Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips, who is also on the radar of other top clubs, according to Tutto Juve. After going down a hit in Italy following his performance against Croatia at the Euros, the reports also mention Real Madrid, Manchester City and Tottenham as potential suitors for Phillips, who has clearly earned himself admirers from far and wide. A bid of around £25.7 million will no doubt get rejected, after all, he’s definitely worth more than that right?
– Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney is on the verge of agreeing a new five-year deal with the club, reports the Sunday Telegraph.
– West Ham United would have to hand England midfielder Jesse Lingard, 28, a big pay rise to lure him on a permanent deal from Manchester United. (Football Insider)
– Everton want to pursue the signing of Wolves and England centre-back Conor Coady, 28. The centre-back, 28, was discussed as a top target with Nuno Espirito Santo when he spoke to Goodison chiefs. Spurs’ Matt Doherty has also been linked with the Toffees. (Football Insider)
– Blackpool’s English striker Jerry Yates, 24, is being lined up by Blackburn as a potential replacement for former England Under-21 striker Adam Armstrong, 24, who has been linked with West Ham, Southampton and Norwich City. (Sun)
– Wolverhampton Wanderers are being linked with a move for Benfica prospect Gonçalo Ramos. The 19-year-old striker has broken into Benfica’s first team under Jorge Jesus but he only played 93 minutes in the Primeira Liga last season. Ramos has a €120million (£103m) release clause in his Benfica contract and while he won’t command such a sum, the Portuguese club are said to be holding out for more than £25m.
– Roma will try to sign Aston Villa and Brazil midfielder Douglas Luiz, 23, if they fail to land Arsenal and Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka, 28. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
– West Ham midfielder Felipe Anderson is now vying for an east London exit and has Lazio as his preferred destination. (Corriere dello Sport)
– Manchester United are primed to enter talks with Leicester over a potential transfer deal for Caglar Soyuncu, it has been claimed.
– According to the Mirror, Southampton and Watford are set to make moves for Arsenal star Ainsley Maitland-Niles next week.
– West Ham United are considering a move for Celtic’s French striker Odsonne Edouard, 23, after Leicester City chose to finalise a deal for Red Bull Salzburg’s Zambia forward Patson Daka, 22. (Football Insider)
– Angus Gunn will have his Norwich medical on Monday. He will then finalise a £5.5m move (£2.5m initial payment, could rise to £10m with clauses).
– Andriy Yarmolenko will not renew his contract with West Ham, and is intent on leaving the club this summer. (Calcio Mercato)
– Newcastle United lead a four-club race to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers this summer. Bournemouth, Cardiff City and Fulham are also keen. (SBI)
– Leeds United and West Ham are both reportedly interested in Sampdoria defender Omar Colley, who would cost around £13million. Colley made 29 appearances in Serie A this season, scoring two goals and receiving six yellow cards. The Gambian international has 25 caps for his country, making his debut back in 2012.
– Everton and Wolves are keen in signing AC Milan striker Rafael Leao, and the Serie A side are willing to sell despite Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s knee injury. The 39-year-old is set to miss the start of next season after undergoing keyhole surgery on his left knee. However, according to CalcioMercato.com Leao could be allowed to leave the San Siro to fund a move for Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud.
– Anderlecht’s Albert Lokonga, 21, and Sheffield United and England goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 23, are among Arsenal’s targets as Mikel Arteta looks to overhaul his squad. Belgian midfielder Lokonga is said to be worth around £17.5m. (Goal)
– Newcastle United have held talks with Liverpool youngster Remi Savage, Chronicle Live correspondent Lee Ryder has confirmed. Savage, 19, is predominantly a centre-back but can also play on the left of a four.
– According to Sports Witness, Aston Villa and West Ham have asked for information regarding the 23-year-old centre-back of Young Boys, Mohamed Camara. No formal offers have been made, however, the Swiss side would allow the Guinea international to leave this summer, should a convincing offer come in.
– Lille are playing hardball with Christophe Galtier over a proposed exit from the club, according to L’Equipe with the Ligue 1 champions said to have agreed to let the Frenchman leave this summer. Galtier’s entourage thought the coach would be allowed an easy exit from the outfit. However, Lille and Olivier Létang don’t see the situation in the same light as the 54-year-old. As a result, the outfit are demanding €10m (£8.6m) for their coach. Everton and Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for the figure.
– Chelsea could move to sign James Maddison in Hakim Ziyech leaves the club this summer, according to reporter Chris Wheatley.
– Leeds United are intensifying talks to sign Club Brugge winger Noa Lang during this window. The Whites are said to “really, really” want the Dutchman. (Fabrizio Romano)
– West Ham are not frightened by Gent’s £25.7 million asking price for Ukraine forward Roman Yaremchuk. (Calcio Mercato)
– Barcelona are yet to receive a concrete offer on their table for goalkeeper Neto, who has been linked with a move to Everton this summer. He has made just 17 appearances for Barcelona over the last two seasons. The Brazilian wants to move on from Barcelona as he is keen to play more football and is expected to push for a transfer this summer.
– Leeds United will ‘insist’ upon signing Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez this summer. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
– Porto are eyeing a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Joao Moutinho as negotiations for Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic are ‘dragging’.
– Arsenal are increasingly unsure that they will be able to sign Mat Ryan from Brighton this summer. (Goal)
– Everton are edging closer to securing an £18m deal to sign 22-year-old Brazilian midfielder Matheus Nunes from Sporting Lisbon. (A Bola, via Mail)
– Newcastle United failed with a bid for Brais Mendez only a few months ago, with the Spain international potentially on his way to Premier League rivals Southampton or Norwich City. (AS)
– Newcastle United are likely to accept offers for Florian Lejeune this summer as Steve Bruce looks to add to his squad.
– Wolves also reportedly hold an interest in Barcelona’s 23-year-old midfielder Carles Alena. Alena spent last season on loan at Getafe and scored twice in 22 appearances as they avoided relegation from La Liga. However, he’s now reportedly surplus to requirements at Barcelona and Molineux has been touted as a potential destination. Barcelona would want around £7million for Alena but according to Grada3 the midfielder is reluctant to leave his boyhood club.
– Liverpool are reportedly interested in Scotland and Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn. That’s according to the Sunday Post, cited by Not the Old Firm – the latter of which claim Manchester United are also keen on the 26-year-old. The Athletic credit the Red Devils with interest in the Scotland vice-captain, but do state he’s not viewed as a priority signing. Transfermarkt value McGinn at £27million.
– According to Takvim, Fenerbahce are ‘attacking from all sides’ for Leeds United utility man Ezgjan Alioski with his contract set to expire. Fenerbahce have allegedly contacted Alioski’s representatives in the hope of finding out his wage demands and teeing up a move for the Leeds man. Trabzonspor and Besiktas are also thought to be keen, but it’s Fenerbahce now seemingly pushing for a deal just days after reports claimed Victor Orta is back in talks with Alioski in the hope of thrashing out a deal.
– Premier League newcomers Watford have joined the race to sign Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara, according to the Daily Mail.
– Liverpool are interested in signing Sassuolo and Italy winger Domenico Berardi, 26. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Express)
– Nigeria international Frank Onyeka has apparently played his last match for Danish Superliga side FC Midtjylland, according to reports. Brentford are linked with him.
– Leicester City are hoping Youri Tielemans, 24, will sign a new contract with the club amid speculation over his future. The Belgian midfielder has been linked with both Manchester United and Liverpool. (Leicester Mercury)
– Leicester City could be set to rival Wolverhampton Wanderers for the signing for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Palhinha this summer.
– Leicester City have stepped up their interest in RB Salzburg and Zambia striker Patson Daka, 22. (Telegraph)
– Brighton are the latest club in the Premier League exploring ways to sign Nigeria international Paul Onuachu this summer. West Ham are also keen.
– Brighton have fallen at the last hurdle in the race to sign Stuttgart forward Nicolas Gonzalez. The Seagulls had agreed a club-record fee of around £25m plus bonuses for the 23-year-old but the Argentine looks to have decided to sign for Italian side Fiorentina instead. (Sky Germany, via Team Talk)
– Chelsea have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Real Sociedad and Sweden striker Alexander Isak, 21. (AS, via Express)
– Premier League duo Crystal Palace and Leicester City are reportedly interested in signing Sheffield Wednesday youngster Charles Hagan.
– Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger has admitted that his spell in Italy was the “best step” of his career amid rumours that he could leave Stamford Bridge this summer. He has been linked with a move away from Chelsea with The Athletic suggesting that he was “considering” his future amid a lack of progress being made on a new deal with the Blues.
– Manchester City will make a take-it-or-leave-it offer to Tottenham Hotspur of £100m for England striker Harry Kane, 27. (Daily Star on Sunday)
– Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will deny Kane a move to a club in the Champions League and is determined to hold onto the England captain. (Sunday Telegraph)
– Swansea City have not yet received formal offers for midfielders Newcastle United and Southampton linked Matt Grimes and Yan Dhanda despite both being subject of interest from other sides, according to Wales Online.
– Real Madrid are looking to sell Luka Jovic, 23, and his former club Eintracht Frankfurt are interested in re-signing the Serbia forward, if their Portugal striker Andre Silva, 25, leaves – with Manchester United and Chelsea having shown interest. (AS)
– Newcastle United now face serious competition over the signing of Celtic star Kristoffer Ajer. Fussball Transfers claim that RB Leipzig have now joined the race to sign the 23-year-old who has been strongly linked with a summer move to St James’ Park for several months now.
– Manchester United have made a new bid of more than £75m for Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho, 21, after their initial offer of £67m with add-ons was rejected by the German club. (Mail on Sunday)
– Manchester United fear France midfielder Paul Pogba, 28, will run down the final year of his contract and leave them for free next summer, with talks over a new deal at a deadlock. (Sunday Mirror)
– Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti could return to former club Everton to try to sign England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 24, for £50m. (Sun on Sunday)
– Scotland left-back Kieran Tierney, 24, has agreed a new five-year contract with Arsenal, who want English midfielder Emile Smith Rowe, 20, to sign a new deal after turning down a bid from Aston Villa. (Guardian)
– Chelsea are willing to offer English midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 25, to Inter Milan as part of the deal to sign their 22-year-old Morocco wing-back Achraf Hakimi. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
ALAN NIXON SAYS:
– Mansfield. Keen to snap up keeper Nathan Bishop from Man U. Experienced at Southend last season. Second season on loan on cards for him.
– AFC Wimbledon emerging as favourites for midfielder Luke McCormick at Chelsea. Could take on free with a sell on. Championship clubs not being offered that deal just now.
– Watford. Want to give Austria keeper Bachmann a longer and better contract.
– Portsmouth. Low opening bid for Jack Tucker at Gillingham. Also fighting Burton for Man City keeper Bazunu on loan.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Premier League Facebook page.
Check out the Football League rumours on the next page.