With the 2020/21 campaign reaching a crescendo in Europe’s top divisions, attention will turns to the upcoming transfer window. Check out the transfer talk for the Premier League…
– Leeds United, West Ham and Southampton are all credited with an interest in Barcelona full-back Junior Firpo, 24, with the Spaniard keen to leave the Camp Nou this summer. (Mundo Deportivo)
– Burnley will listen to offers for English centre-back James Tarkowski, 28, who has been linked with a move to West Ham, Wolves and a few others. (Football Insider)
– Red Bull Salzburg’s Zambian striker Patson Daka, 22, says he has decided to join Leicester City after scoring 34 goals in all competitions in the 2020-21 season. (Krone – in German)
– Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has tipped West Ham United to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Adam Armstrong rather than Brentford’s Ivan Toney. Armstrong and Toney were the two highest scorers in the Championship last term, with the former bagging 28 goals and the Bees frontman adding 33 as he helped his side win promotion to the Premier League. The Hammers have been linked with both forwards this summer, with Blackburn said to value Armstrong at around £25 million and Brentford thought to want £35 million for Toney. (Football League World)
– Aston Villa are prepared to test Chelsea’s resolve with a £40m bid for 23-year-old England striker Tammy Abraham, who scored 26 goals in 40 games during a loan spell at Villa Park during the 2018-19 season. (Sunday Mirror)
– Leicester are set to beat Aston Villa and Crystal Palace to the signing of Dundee United starlet Kerr Smith, according to The Sun. Brendan Rodgers is ready to steal a march on his rivals to land the highly-rated teenager. The Foxes are thought to be ready to meet his £500,000 release clause.
– Leeds United are being linked with a move for Liverpool defender Neco Williams with the Wales international expected to leave Anfield this summer. Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Southampton are also looking at him.
– Rangers, Burnley and Crystal Palace are expected to step up in their interest in Sheffield United midfielder John Lundstram when the 27-year-old’s contract expires next week. (Sheffield Star)
– West Brom boss Valerien Ismael is eyeing a move for Jack Hendry, who could be sold for a second time in the same transfer window – according to a report from the Daily Mail. Hendry is now an Oostende player after leaving Celtic permanently. According to the Daily Mail, he signed for the Belgian club for £1.8 million.
– Sheffield United will have to bide their time if they wish to sign Wolves defender Dion Sanderson this summer. Sanderson has been linked with a move to Bramall Lane. Sunderland are also keen on the defender, but it’s believed that Wolves will demand around £2m for Sanderson. He’s due to enter the last year of his contract and, as yet, hasn’t played in the Premier League for the Molineux outfit.
– Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been impressed by Aston Villa and Scotland midfielder John McGinn, but it would take an offer in the region of £45m-50m to lure the 26-year-old away from Villa Park. (The Athletic – subscription required)
– Wolves are interested in taking Scotland international Billy Gilmour, 20, on a season-long loan from Chelsea. However Norwich are said to be closing in. (Football Insider)
– English left-back Ryan Bertrand, 31, is set to join Leicester City on a free transfer at the start of July following the end of his contract with Southampton. (Goal)
– Manchester United centre-back Axel Tuanzebe is expected to leave the club on loan this summer, with Premier League and overseas clubs interested in the 23-year-old English defender. (Manchester Evening News)
– Aston Villa are considering a second bid for Arsenal’s England Under-21 attacking midfielder Emile Smith Rowe, 20, after an initial offer worth £25m was rejected. (Express and Star)
– Premier League newcomers Brentford are close to signing 23-year-old Nigeria midfielder Frank Onyeka from Danish sister club FC Midtjylland. (Sky Sports)
– Liverpool defender Nathaniel Phillips is attracting interest from Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle United and Southampton. (Goal)
– West Ham United are thought to be interested in signing the Fiorentina goalkeeper Bartlomiej Dragowski, 23, this summer, with Tottenham also enquiring about the 23-year-old Poland international.(Viola News – in Italian)
– Chelsea will try to sign Villarreal and Spain forward Gerard Moreno, 29, if they cannot secure the signature of Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund. (Fichajes, via Mirror)
– Newcastle United’s 21-year-old English midfielder Matty Longstaff is wanted by Norwich City, Middlesbrough and West Brom, as well as Belgian side Anderlecht. (Chronicle)
– Aston Villa are confident they can fend off interest from Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United to keep a hold of England midfielder Jack Grealish, 25. (Athletic)
– Spain defender Sergio Ramos, 35, is set to turn down interest from Manchester United and Manchester City and join Paris St-Germain when his Real Madrid contract expires at the end of this month. (AS)
– Brighton, Burnley, West Ham and newly promoted Norwich City have all been linked with Barcelona’s 30-year-old Denmark forward Martin Braithwaite. (Sport – in Spanish)
– West Ham and Tottenham are both interested in Fiorentina’s Polish goalkeeper Bartlomiej Dragowski, 23. (La Nazione – via Teamtalk)
– Everton have been linked with a move for Roma’s English defender Chris Smalling, but the 31-year-old does not want a move to Goodison Park. (Mail)
– Leeds United are unlikely to make a move for Blackburn striker Ben Brereton, 22, who has impressed playing for Chile at the Copa America. Leeds are, however, trying to sign Brazilian forward Matheus Cunha, 22, from Hertha Berlin.
– Everton are in talks to sign Argentine goalkeeper Sergio Romero on a free transfer, but face competition from Juventus and Celta Vigo for the 34-year-old former Manchester United keeper’s signature. (Athletic)
– Arsenal have moved closer to reaching an agreement for Brighton and England defender Ben White, 23, in a deal that could be worth around £50m. (Athletic)
– Ajax are interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur winger Steven Bergwijn, but the Premier League club are reluctant to sell the 23-year-old Dutchman, who joined Spurs from PSV Eindhoven in January 2020. (Mail Online)
– Tottenham want to sign a centre-back this summer, with Sevilla’s French defender Jules Kounde, 22, and Lyon’s Denmark international Joachim Andersen, 25, among their targets. (Guardian)
– Arsenal are monitoring the progress of 23-year-old Lille midfielder Renato Sanches, who is currently impressing for Portugal at Euro 2020. (90Min)
– Manchester City would be willing to wait a year to bring in a striker if they were unable to sign England forward Harry Kane, 27, from Tottenham this summer. (ESPN)
– AC Milan are interested in signing three Chelsea players with Moroccan winger Hakim Ziyech, 28, and French duo Olivier Giroud, 34, and Tiemoue Bakayoko, 26, all being considered. Bakayoko spent the 2018-19 season on loan at the Rossoneri. (Gianluca di Marzio via Sempre Milan)
– Former Cardiff City and Derby County loanee Harry Wilson is wanted by Portuguese giants Benfica, who have held talks with the West Brom and Brentford – linked midfielder. (Liverpool Echo)
– Everton playmaker James Rodriguez’s representatives have offered him to Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan and Napoli as the 29-year-old Colombia international appears ready to leave the Goodison Park club. (Mail)
– West Ham remain interested in Jesse Lingard but may have to wait until Manchester United’s pursuit of Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho, 21, is resolved before making a move for the 28-year-old England forward. (Standard)
– Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti wants the Spanish club to make a move for Manchester United and Portugal full-back Diogo Dalot, 22, who spent the 2020-21 season on loan at AC Milan. (Correio de Manha via Sport Witness)
– Manchester United may consider offers for France forward Anthony Martial, 25, and Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 24, to raise funds for their summer rebuild. (ESPN)
– Newcastle are interested in signing Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina this summer, having scouted the 27-year-old Gabon international during his loan spell at Fulham last season. (Chronicle)
– Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane wants to join Manchester United this summer, though a stumbling block would be the 28-year-old France international’s wages, believed to be as much as £400,000 a week. (Independent)
– Jadon Sancho will earn £250,000-a-week if he completes a move to Manchester United, more than double what the England winger, 21, currently gets at Borussia Dortmund. (Star Sunday)
– Real Madrid are also lining up a move for Leicester City’s French defender Wesley Fofana, 20, with fellow Frenchman Raphael Varane, 28, closer to joining Manchester United. (Fichajes, via Star Online)
– Tottenham are in talks to sign 22-year-old Japan defender Takehiro Tomiyasu from Bologna, with a deal likely to cost around £15m. (Mail on Sunday)
– Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 29, dreams of a return to Liverpool, but the Reds do not have any plans to bring the Brazilian back to Anfield. Another option for Coutinho is either Inter Milan or Leicester, who are managed by his former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, but the Foxes are only interested in a season-long loan deal. (Sport – in Spanish)
– Manchester City have added Chelsea and England wing-back Reece James to their “wish list” with boss Pep Guardiola said to be an admirer of the 21-year-old. (The Athletic)
– Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku has all but ruled out a Premier League return – with the 28-year-old Belgium striker has instead been tipped to succeed Robert Lewandowski at Bayern Munich. (Mirror Online)
– West Ham have tabled a £17m offer for Fiorentina’s 23-year-old defender Nikola Milenkovic, but the bid is a long way short of what the Serie A club want for the Serbia international. (Calciomercato)
– Leeds United are closing in on a deal to bring Nahitan Nandez to Elland Road this summer. That’s according to a report by Italian publication Corriere dello Sport (via Sport Witness), who claim that Marcelo Bielsa’s side are very close to completing a deal for the Cagliari Calcio central midfielder.
– Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Paris St-Germain and France forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, who has also been linked with a move to Real Madrid. Mbappe’s contract at PSG is set to expire in 2022. (Marca)
– Cardiff City have won the race for Wolves midfielder Ryan Giles and agreed to sign him on a season-long loan deal, according to Football Insider.
– Burnley are set to make a bid for Werder Bremen’s Czech Republic international goalkeeper Jiri Pavlenka, 29. (Bild – in German)
– Manchester City’s hopes of convincing England winger Raheem Sterling, 26, to sign a new deal have been hurt by the club’s move of offering him up as a makeweight in a potential deal for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 27. (Sunday Mirror)
– French defender William Saliba, 20, is again poised to leave Arsenal on loan and has attracted a number of suitors across Europe, including Nice where he had a spell last season. Newcastle United, Southampton, French clubs Rennes, Marseille, Lille, German side Bayer Leverkusen as well as two unnamed clubs in Italy are also said to be interested. (Footmercato)
– Napoli and Arsenal believe Sheffield United will be forced into lowering their asking price for Sander Berge, which is apparently around the £35m mark. (Sheffield Star)
– Manchester United are considering a move for Rennes’ France Under-21 midfielder Eduardo Camavinga, 18, who has also been linked with Arsenal, Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain. (Mail on Sunday)
ALAN NIXON SAYS:
– Brentford. Taking an interest in Joe Worrall at Forest. Burnley main rivals. Down to asking price. Neither want an auction.
– Burnley. Midfielder Adam Phillips wanted by both Fleetwood and Accrington a Stanley on loan. Also keen to sign young Rangers player Ciaran Dickson.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Premier League Facebook page.
Check out the Football League rumours on the next page.