PHOTOS: Away Fans in the Stands – 26/27 December 2021

Time for photos of away fans in the stands, we’ll be taking a look at all the different ones at this weekend’s English football matches.

Unfortunately we are seeing a disrupted schedule for the Premier League, Football League and Non League due to Covid, however there are still some games going ahead and thankfully lots of travelling supporters are still able to attend fixtures up and down the country.

During a very difficult time for everyone, clubs are welcoming back full crowds and get back to hearing some noise to make what football is all about.

Some clubs were briefly allowed limited crowds during last season – but for others, August will see them play in front of their own supporters in a competitive match for the first time since early 2020.

The opening few weeks of the season had plenty of emotion for thousands of fans up and down the country as they returned to places that mean so much to them.

The away day experience is one of the very best parts of following your own team, and although your alarm may be set for times of the day that, frankly, should never be seen, you still excitedly cram onto coaches or overpriced trains, and the whole experience, regardless of result, is still one you’ll always remember.

As long as trains and buses are on time, the pre-match pint and grub is a vital part of the whole match day experience.

It may be tough to find a pub without hostile home fans, but it’s always possible to duck into a nice little ‘boozer’ for a bevvy before kick-off.

While much of the ‘away day’ experience takes place out of the stadium, the ground itself always plays a big part.

The days of old in which away fans were in roof-less terraces being battered by the elements are becoming a distant memory – albeit they are still a problem at some settings – with modern stadia now spacious and comfortable.

Right then, time to look at photos of those away ends, and at the end of the article you can find to what the Prem and EFL are saying about Covid and any potential break in the season…

WEST BROM fans at Derby County

SUNDERLAND fans at Doncaster Rovers

Image

Image

DARLINGTON fans at Spennymoor Town

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE fans at Cheltenham Town

CRYSTAL PALACE fans at Tottenham

SHREWSBURY TOWN fans at Fleetwood Town

CHESTER fans at AFC Telford United

SOUTHAMPTON fans at West Ham

ARSENAL fans at Norwich City

ROTHERHAM UNITED fans at Accrington Stanley

BARROW fans at Tranmere Rovers

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Away Ends (@_theawayends)

WOKING fans at Aldershot Town

SCUNTHORPE UNITED fans at Oldham Athletic

YEOVIL TOWN fans at Torquay United

ALTRINCHAM fans at Stockport County

Image

CHORLEY fans at AFC Fylde

BLACKPOOL fans at Huddersfield Town

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Championship away fans (@championshipawayfans_)

HARTLEPOOL UNITED fans at Mansfield Town

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Away Days (@awaydaysbible)

LEICESTER CITY fans at Manchester City

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Away Ends (@_theawayends)

NOTTINGHAM FOREST fans at Middlesbrough

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Away Ends (@_theawayends)

PREMIER LEAGUE STATEMENT:

While recognising COVID-19 challenges, League’s collective intention is to continue current fixture schedule where safely possible

It was confirmed at a Premier League club meeting today that while recognising a number of clubs are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and challenges, it is the League’s collective intention to continue the current fixture schedule where safely possible.

The health and wellbeing of all concerned remains our priority and the League will continue to monitor and reflect public health guidance, always proceeding with caution.

A range of issues were discussed at this afternoon’s meeting, including the adaption of the Premier League COVID-19 postponement process in response to the impact of the Omicron variant.

The League also confirmed to its clubs today that 92 per cent of players and club staff have received one, two or three COVID-19 vaccination doses, with 84 per cent of players on the vaccination journey.

Players who have had one or two doses are required to wait for the appropriate time period before receiving either their second or booster vaccinations.

The League continues to work with clubs to encourage vaccination among players and club staff, as well as promoting the Government’s public-health vaccination messaging to clubs and the wider public.

No specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the League, and player vaccination rates will now be publicly communicated at the end of each month, beginning in January.

EFL STATEMENT:

The EFL can confirm that its programme of games in the League, Carabao Cup and Papa John’s Trophy will continue with fixtures to be played where it is safe to do so, and the set squad criteria can be fulfilled by Clubs.

While the League acknowledges there will likely be future postponements to navigate where Covid-19 cases are identified, there is optimism that disruption can be minimised following implementation of RED protocols, a daily testing regime and ongoing vaccination rollout.

Commenting, EFL Chief Executive Trevor Birch said:

“Throughout the pandemic, our two priorities have been ensuring the welfare of those involved in EFL competitions and ensuring the fixture schedule can continue where it is safe to do so.

“We will continue to work with clubs, authorities and other agencies to monitor the Covid-19 case rate and be prepared to respond accordingly, yet for now the view remains that we can continue to deliver games safely where clubs have sufficient healthy personnel in place, on and off the pitch.

“With club mitigation measures, the mass adoption of booster jabs and Covid certification now required for larger crowds, we are sure many fans will continue to feel confident in attending matches over the Christmas period and we look forward to welcoming them.”