Non league left saddened by death of 25 year old footballer

The non league community have been left saddened by the death of 25 year old footballer Marcus Beddoe, Clipstone have confirmed.

Tributes have been paid to a “genuine, kind and caring” first team player after his passing was announced on Tuesday, with and messages of support sent to his family and friends.

Clipstone FC announced the death of the striker, who joined the club from Matlock Town and was born in 1995, was known for his speed, skill and physicality, according to the club.

Clipstone FC wrote in a statement: “Clipstone FC are deeply saddened to learn the passing of First Team player, Marcus Beddoe.

“Clipstone FC are passing their sincere condolences to Marcus’ family and friends at this sad time.

“RIP Marcus.”

Matlock Town, a team Marcus formerly played for, also paid tribute to him after his death with the club writing in a statement on Tuesday the 20th of April: “We are saddened this evening to report the passing of former player Marcus Beddoe.

“Marcus spent many years in the club’s development programme and was a well liked and respected lad.

“Our thoughts and love go out to his family, friends and everybody at Clipstone FC.”

A justgiving page has also been set up to raise money for Marcus’ family after his death by Clipstone FC.

A message on the page reads: “We were deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Marcus Beddoe.

“Marcus was one of the most genuine, kind and caring people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting, and he has been taken from us far too soon.

“As a player he was unstoppable on his day and was a joy to watch.

“He will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him, and the world is a little less bright without his presence.

“Marcus was one of the most genuine, kind and caring people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting, and he has been taken from us far too soon.

“As a player he was unstoppable on his day and was a joy to watch.

“He will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him, and the world is a little less bright without his presence.

“Rest easy Marcus.”

The page has already raised more than £1,200 of its £1,500 target. The target was raised to £2,000, again that was achieved. The new target is at £3,000, with £2,640 raised so far. You can visit the donation page by clicking HERE.

Clipstone Football Club wrote: “Hi everyone, we’ve had such a great response from loads of people already so we have set a new target to try and reach £2000 for the family. a HUGE thank you to everyone who has contributed.”

As mentioned, non league have been left saddened by the death of the 25 year old footballer…

@TadcasterAlbion: So sorry to hear this, our thoughts and condolences are with you all. We’re all a non-league family together in these tough times. 🙏

@Curtis_Birchall: Horrific news, one of the nicest lads I’ve ever met and played with, never had a bad word to say about anyone. Thoughts are with his family, rest easy brother x

@PierrepontJ_: Nicest lad I’ve ever met and had time for everybody, quality player to top that as well. Rest easy mate

@Dearlove_0: One of the nicest people I’ve met, was always a pleasure to share the pitch with Marcus 🙏🏽 never take life for granted 🤞🏽🤍

@jamesbarlow77:
A man of his own
A Magician on the pitch
A life taken too soon
Marcus Beddoe had a heart of gold, a humour so dry, a faith so dearly strong and a character forever memorable! Truly shocked to learn the passing of Marcus. May you forever rest in peace!

@Toddrick17: Not something I was expecting to see when coming out of work😭 absolutely gutted to see this news! Marcus was a pleasure to coach and was a raw talent on the court/pitch but he was a wonderful human being 😔 my condolences go out to all his family throughout this difficult time 😭

@Ollertontown_fc: Sending love to you all at this difficult time. You’re all in our thoughts.

@ABPscouting: I worked with Marcus on a number of occasions, and he was one of the most genuine blokes I’ve ever met. No one ever had a wrong thing to say about him. Thoughts go out to his family and friends at this sad time.

@TeversalFC: Sad news. So sorry to hear of your loss! All at Teversal FC send our condolences to his family, friends and all at the club.

@afletch104: RIP brother. You were one of the most caring, thoughtful people I’ve met. I’ll miss having a pint with you talking about our love for the game. RIP Marcus

@ichbinmarc_: Sorry to hear this, lads. Watched Marcus a few times when with Gedling MW and seemed like a top person. My condolences to you all, his family and friends x

@HallamFC1860: We’re extremely saddened by this terrible news. Thoughts and prayers are with all at @ClipstoneFC1, Marcus’ family and friends, from all of us at Hallam FC

@GSPrimsfc: Rip Marcus Our thoughts are with his family and everyone at Clipstone FC

@NettieEmery: So sorry, thoughts and Prayers with all the family, friends, players and everyone connected with the club from all @Liversedge_FC xx

@leanne_woodhead: So sorry to hear this. Condolences to all family, friends and members of the club on behalf of all at the Notts FA

@danmachin93: So sorry to hear this, truly awful news. My thoughts are with you his family, friends and all of you.

@MainMaltby: Tragic news. Stay strong. We pass on our sincere condolences from all here. I can’t really think of anything I can say to ease the sadness this brings. Do your best for him and his family. We know you will.

@johntmatlock: Absolutely gutted to hear this news. I reffed Marcus for many years and he was such a genuine and decent lad and a pleasure to be on the same pitch. Thoughts with his family and friends.

@OssettUnited: Sending our condolences. RIP

@wb_fc: So sorry to hear this. Nothing we say can help but all at West Bridgford FC are thinking of your club and the family. RIP

@JDunnWilson: That’s absolutely awful news. I’m sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with Marcus’ loved ones and everyone at your club.

@ReeceDaviesSWFC: Played with Marcus when we was together at Spire Blues. Was a fantastic player and an even better guy. Don’t think we ever stopped laughing when we played together. Thoughts with his family and friends.

@SeanMRAGAME: Sorry sorry to hear this lads Marcus was a top player can remember him well from his Matlock Town reserve days. Thoughts to you all and all his family at this such sad time 😢 RIP Marcus