Non league community pay tribute after family confirm death of 11 year old footballer

The non league community pay tribute after a family have sadly had to confirm the death of 11 year old footballer at the weekend.

A sad accident led to his premature death, being involved in a car accident on Thursday afternoon, but whole extraordinary efforts were made to preserve his life, was unable to overcome the injuries sustained.

Young Harry passed away on Saturday afternoon, as his Dad wrote in a post via his Facebook account, with the boy’s school and football clubs paying respect.

His Dad said: “As most of you are now aware, we lost our beautiful boy Harry today.

“We were involved in a car accident on Thursday. Unfortunately Harry could not survive his injuries and passed peacefully this afternoon, just before then donating some of his organs which will now help 5 other children lead a better life.

“As you can imagine Maria Jess and I are utterly heartbroken as is our whole family and all of Harry’s friends, of which there are many.

“It may seem strange to some that I am posting on here at a time like this. It has however given us much comfort from all of the messages we have received and we wanted to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of our hearts for your outpouring of love and support.

“It’s as if Harry has given all of his love to you, to give back to us.

“I write this as Maria is in another room with Harry, jabbering away to him and reminiscing on his many adventures, it brings her some semblance of comfort.

“I can’t bring myself to be with him as he is now, he is not my Harry laying there.

“We have a tough road ahead of us now, but we will all get through it together.

“I will be signing off now, so we can concentrate on each other and the coming days ahead.

“Hold your loved ones close, then hold them even closer. You will never know when it’s the last time.

“All our love, Lee Maria and Jess and Harry xx”

Hastings United wrote: “All at Hastings United would like to send our condolences to the parents, family, friends and Hastings Athletic Football Club on the tragic passing of 11 year old, Harry

“A young man taken way too soon 💔”

The Hastings Academy said via Twitter: “We are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Harry Dennis. Harry was popular and loved by all his peers, teachers and pastoral staff. He will be deeply missed by all in our academy community.

“Our thoughts are with Harry’s family and friends during this difficult time.”

Harry Dennis Obituary, Hastings Athletic Football Club Player has Died -  latest obituary news

Hastings Athletic wrote: “⚽️💔 It is with the heaviest of hearts that we as a club inform you of the untimely and tragic passing of one of our players Harry Dennis.

“Harry was involved in a car accident on Thursday afternoon , and although he battled with everything he had he sadly died from his injuries.

“Harry had been with Hastings Athletic from U8’s, he was kind, bubbly, funny young man who was loved by everyone, with a laugh that will stay in our hearts forever.

“He was a very talented player who could score from the half way line with his eyes closed, and would do his trademark “flip“ as a goal celebration ❤️

“Harry will be missed more than words can say. We will be retiring Harry’s no 10 shirt from the U12’s Hawks which was Harrys team as a mark of respect Lee, Maria & Jess would like to thank the football family and community for their kind messages of support at this heartbreaking time.

Harry Dennis 21-4-2011 ~17-12-2022

Fly high little man 😢⚽️⚽️

As mentioned, the non league community pay tribute after the family confirm the death of an 11 year old footballer…

@DavoBen: So, so sad. Really choked me reading his Dad’s stuff this morning 😕

@Marc_Powell_: Absolutely heartbreaking 💔

@Clapz17273106: Harry will be missed I knew him from school. RIP Harry 🕊

@NeilRalphy: Absolutely horrendously sad news! RIP Harry …

@BillyWood__: Horrifying, with a daughter that age it gives me nightmares thinking anything could happen to her. My thoughts are with the family and friends ❤️

@scottgold1980: So sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 😢❤️

@Warren2Angie: Heartbreaking 💔

@s_webb83: No way. So sorry to be reading this dreadful news. RIP young Harry. Thoughts with family, friends and everyone at Hastings utd fc.

@icerecruitment: 🙏🙏🙏

@MartinGander: Very sad news RIP Harry Condolences to all family and friends #footballfamily all at Hastings Athletic FC.

@stevehotspurs: My thoughts and prayers are with Harry’s family and friends at this dreadfully sad time rip Harry

Danny Hills: We are truly devastated Lee we really are for you all , you know where we are 💔💔

Toni Adams: My heart is breaking for you all. So sorry for your loss of a beautiful boy….. xxx

Lucy Hufflett: Heartbroken for all of you, sending all lots of love at this incredibly sad time ❤️❤️❤️xxxx

Ellie Stroud: Sending you all so so so much love. I wish I had more words. Thinking of you all xxx

Fred Ham: Lee so so sorry to hear your devastating news. My thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time. RIP Harry 💔

Carlie Mann: So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Fly high young man. Another wonderful star is the universe 🌟💔🙏🏼