fbpx
Connect with us

Crystal Palace

Man Utd set unwanted new record after embarrassing 4-0 defeat at Crystal Palace

Man Utd have managed to set an unwanted new record after their embarrassing 4-0 defeat at Crystal Palace on Bank Holiday Monday.

For the first time in history, Manchester United have lost 13 games in a single Premier League season after Olise scored a fine individual opener before Mateta and Mitchell made it 3-0 by the 58th minute before Olise then curled in a fourth moments later.

The away end started emptying after Palace made it 3-0, with the home crowd mocking just how terrible Man Utd were, holding up their fingers towards Sky Sports cameras reminding everyone watching on at home the scoreline.

Alan Smith (Former Arsenal forward on Sky Sports): “I mentioned humiliation a while ago but I’ve seen it now in bold letters. Casemiro, what is he doing in bold letters. For Palace, what an performance this is. That is the last person you want it to fall to. Onana ends up in the middle of his goal, I’m not sure what he was doing.”

Chris Wise (BBC Radio 5 Live reporter at Selhurst Park): “The cameras are almost focusing on Erik ten Hag as much as they are the game. It’s been such a defensively messy performance from Manchester United. Crystal Palace have destroyed them.”

Crystal Palace boss Oliver Glasner also got booked for dissent as he thought Sofyan Amrabat should have been sent off.

As highlighted by BBC Sport, Man Utd started the day on +1 but now end it on -3 goal difference. They have conceded 81 goals in all competitions this season, their most in a single campaign since 1976-77 (also 81).

It was a man of the match performance for Olise, who has scored three goals in four Premier League matches against Man Utd, and hasn’t scored more against any other team.

In his last 13 Premier League starts for Crystal Palace, Olise has also been involved in 14 goals (nine goals, five assists).

Michael Olise cost Palace £8m. Eberechi Eze cost them £19.5m.

Antony cost Man Utd £82m.

Palace came very close to making it 5-0 in stoppage time. Odsonne Edouard saw his shot come back off the post from 20 yards out. Andre Onana didn’t move in the centre of goal after seeing Casemiro lose the ball.

Sky Sports’ Alan Smith at Selhurst Park: “United players will be having nightmares about this. Palace have been class since start to finish. Palace have just taunted Manchester United, playing with them.”

Jamie Carragher (Former Liverpool defender on Sky Sports): “Most teams’ away support is fantastic, but Manchester United’s are absolutely fantastic because their players don’t deserve that. In Eze and Olise, Crystal Palace have got two players that would walk into Manchester United’s team. Under Oliver Glasner, they have been brilliant. Manchester United never looked like scoring.”

On Mason Mount, Antony and Andre Onana whispering to each other as they walked off the pitch: “Just get off the pitch. You’ve lost 4-0 and you were embarrassing. They are probably talking about another player or something like that. Just get off the pitch.”

Manchester United have set a new club record for most defeats in a Premier League campaign – 13.

They sacked their manager in the two seasons they lost 12 matches, 2013-14 and 2021-22.

The last time they lost more in a league season was in 1989-90, when they lost 16 games and finished 13th.

Chris Wise (BBC Radio 5 Live reporter at Selhurst Park): “Amongst the wild Palace celebrations, that was a sorry exit from the Selhurst Park field from Manchester United’s players and manager. It’ll be impossible for anyone to defend that United performance.”

Ashley Young on Monday Night Football: “If United put on displays like they have shown tonight, they will miss out [on European football]. They’re not easy games coming up. If they’re not willing to run about, then they’re going to be in trouble.”

This is how fans reacts as Man Utd set an unwanted new record after their embarrassing 4-0 defeat at Crystal Palace…

@EaglesPerchCPFC: United get battered everywhere they go, United get battered everywhere they goooooooooo, everywhere they goooooooooo!! #cpfc

@davephillips81: That was FUN! 🔴🔵🦅 #CPFC

@RednBlueRich: I’ve not felt this happy and confident about the future of the club for a long time. 🔴🔵 #CPFC

@_KRM97_: Lads, that was absolutely sensational, so so comfortable, kept on attacking United until the 96th minute. What an enjoyable watch that was, so so happy after that! Get in there, can’t wait to get to Wolves on Saturday! 😀😁😁 #CPFC

@MWBP7: I genuinely don’t want this game to end. Unbelievable! Here is my Palace. It’s all we’ve ever asked for! ❤️💙 #cpfc

@CPFC_GEO: Just seen a kid crying in the United end whilst wearing a Cantona shirt 🤩 inject it #CPFC

@Calpoted: United fans saying Olise will join them next year. I’m not being funny, but why would any good player go there? Mid table, poorly managed and with a stadium that has the same level of atmosphere as the Amex. Olise would rather shit in his hand and clap. #cpfc #CrystalPalace #ManU

@palace_pins:
Munoz assist for Olise for the first
Richards assist for JPM for the second
Anderson assist for Mitchell for the third
Munoz assist for Olise for the 4th.
Glasner ball baby 💙❤️🦅 #CPFC

@Bacoletplayer: One of our best team performances this season….. better than United in every component of the game…every outfield player deserved an 8/10 rating…. but Eze probably shaded it as MotM. ❤️💙 #cpfc

@Bazihnio: Wow, if it’s any consolation to Utd fans at least they haven’t got far to get home. #cpfc #CRYMUN #onejoke

@BeerFootyBirds: #CPFC Absolutely outstanding performance tonight! We’re building something really special under #Glasner. The squad is almost unrecognisable from 3 months ago. Long may it continue! #Eagles 🔴🔵

@Adam_N_Watson: Glasner is a top class manager & we’ve pulled off a coup getting him. Now is the time to go big, we must back this guy, feels like we could achieve something special, the club must capitalise and not let it slip like in the past. Give him a proper squad for next season. #CPFC

@benm_jones: WHAT A FUCKING RESULT! 4-0!! OLI GLASNERS RED N BLUE ARMY! 🔴🔵🦅 #COYP #CPFC

@camberwell73: I’m not even joking that could and should have been 6 or 7, we absolutely annihilated them #cpfc

@dbamfy19: We are fuckin cooking! Hahahhaha up the Palace! #CPFC

@hollylouise67: The way we attack and press even when 2/3/4-0 up is outstanding. Such a great squad who are hungry for success. I feel like I’m in a dreamland #cpfc

@chumleywarner2: Hang that performance in every gallery that exists ❤️💙 #cpfc

@RJD_MUFC: Whether Ten Hag goes or not I will not be enthused about anything #MUFC related until most of these players are gone. They’re not good enough. They don’t fight enough. They don’t care enough.

@RobertttttW93: We didn’t even play to our full potential tonight but we are just creating SO many good chances now. It’s so exciting! #CPFC

@experryment: Wow! What a performance and a team performance at that!Every single Palace player was immense tonight. Unrecognisable from just a few months ago!4 goals, should have been more! We have seen some rough over the years,this is definitely the smooth.Long May it continue…please! #cpfc

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Crystal Palace