Connect with us


Latest ticket sales for the 2022 Championship playoff final

We’re now counting the days for the 2022 Championship playoff final, with that in mind, we look at the latest ticket sales.

Both Huddersfield Town and Nottingham Forest will face off at Wembley after beating Luton Town and Sheffield United in the playoff semi-finals.

The Terriers received an initial allocation of 36,486 tickets for the East End of Wembley Stadium and the club received a small number of additional tickets for selected blocks. It’s reported that just over around 27,000 tickets have been sold as of Thursday afternoon.

Meanwhile, Nottingham Forest have asked for more playoff final tickets having sold out the 36,500 allocated to them for the showpiece fixture.

NottinghamshireLive understands they have asked for a further allocation, however, it is fully expected no more will be made available.

Police have stated that fraudulent ticket sales for playoff final are ‘already happening’, warning against Forest fans buying tickets in the Terriers’ end.

A Tweet from the Nottinghamshire Police Football account said: “We are aware of fraudulent ticket sales already happening in relation to #NFFC #Wembley tickets. Please ensure that you have purchased tickets from a reputable source and that you are in possession of a genuine ticket.

“Those affected should call 101 with details.”

Data Analysis (via SportsMole)

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Huddersfield Town win with a probability of 42.91%. A draw has a probability of 28.9% and a win for Nottingham Forest has a probability of 28.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Huddersfield Town win is 1-0 with a probability of 13.97%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-0 (8.64%) and 2-1 (8.15%). The likeliest drawn scoreline is 1-1 (13.19%), while for a Nottingham Forest win it is 0-1 (10.67%).

www.fanbanter.co.uk – Fan reaction to the latest football news, gossip & funnies

Head to Head

Mar 7, 2022 – Nott’m Forest 2-1 Huddersfield
Dec 30, 2021 – Nott’m Forest0-1 Huddersfield
Sep 18, 2021 – Huddersfield 0-2 Nott’m Forest
Apr 17, 2021 – Nott’m Forest 0-2 Huddersfield
Sep 25, 2020 – Huddersfield 1-0 Nott’m Forest


Huddersfield Town
Last Six: WDWWWW

Nottingham Forest
Last Six: WWWWLD

Corberan on team news

“We have decided the first XI and have been working with the players to create the right habits.

“We’ve had a lot of time to prepare for this game out in Portugal and back here.

“I see the team looking forward to play the game and with a good level of concentration knowing the important thing is the performance on the day.”

Corberan experience of play-off finals

“I can’t tell you if it’s going to be a difference or not. We need every player to be motivated, and the experience of playing in the play-off semi finals and playing different rounds of the cup gives us a bit of experience, but we know a final will be completely different.

“But as soon as the referee blows the whistle we are playing a football game and I think they will just be focused on the game.”

Corberan on a dramatic rise this season

“I didn’t think we were one of the favourites to go down. I believed a lot in our squad and it’s a different squad to last year and the number of players we’ve had since pre-season is completely the opposite of last year, and every player has experience and minutes in their legs even if it’s at a lower league.

“My expectation was only to be competitive in every football game. Sometimes we haven’t, sometimes we have. It’s very hard to be perfect in every minute of every game, but even when the team hasn’t played at the level we want they’d have a very competitive mentality.”

Corberan speaking to Bielsa

“Yes, a lot. He’s always given me good support since I got to Huddersfield in different moments, both last year when we were suffering and now when we have had a better season. I know he watched the play-off games.”

Corberan on injury news

“Right now I think the positive thing of the team is that every player is ready. I have to make some unfair decisions like always because I can only select 16 outfielders plus two keepers for the pitch and the between. It’s not going to be easy for me because some of the players who will not be involved are good enough that they could start the game, so it’s some hard conversations.

“I think unfortunately Matty Pearson has recovered late in the season and has not played any games so far, but I think he has the character to be involved. I can’t tell you if he will be involved or not because to be honest I am still considering it.”

Corberan on pressure on the game

“It’s important every player has the right balance between confidence and being self-demanding. If you have too much of one or the other it won’t work.

“We’re not managing the situation any differently to normal because the players have gone into every game this season trying to win the game, so there is no difference. The only difference is the consequence of the game.

“For me, if now I have to teach the players how to manage the pressure, I am late!”

Corberan on expectations from Forest

“The first game we played against them they were under another coach and they played 4-3-3, but they’ve since gone to a line of three.

“Last time we played in the league we both played a back four, and now the game on Sunday I think is going to be more similar to the game we played in the cup.

“But you can predict the first XI and it doesn’t mean anything. Both coaches can more or less predict the first XI of the teams and we’ve seen which players we use in important games, but the most important thing is how we adapt to the different contexts of the game, reduce their strengths and put our strengths forward.”

Fans reacted to the latest ticket sales for the 2022 Championship playoff final…


@kylefunnell: Please get a big screen up of our team playing at Wembley, sell the Trent end out! Will be an awsome atmosphere! Please please please 🤞🤞🙏🙏

@Willh1985: Let’s bring the noise Sunday!!!

@Sam_stags_91: Buy tickets for mansfield on Sat and hide in Wembley for the night 😂😂

@JonnoBell: Fair process throughout – Sc holders, NFFC members and 3+ booking history games all guaranteed a ticket 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 People will eventually learn how to use more than one customer number when buying multiple tickets

@jjmeemaa: Please ask @wembleystadium why in previous years clubs have had increased allocations up to 38/42k but not for us this year? Even D*erby got an extra 2k when playing Villa!

@filipjaimes: Thats great but as Huddersfield haven’t managed to sell theirs can’t we get some more allocated? I’ve queued for two days now (one of my games was cup game so apparently don’t count) Would love to see this, been waiting since 1991! 😭😭😭

@ilsongal71: Massive cue Huddersfield melt down 😂😂😂😂

@dbb4ju: Announce that the City Ground will be open with a large screen for those unfortunate to get a ticket for Wembley. You know it makes sense. You reds

@rebeccabeddows: 3000 in queue and by time I got in it was sold out. How does 8000 tickets sell out to 3000 people?!

@Gibbo8: Can only assume a fair chunk of people had friends/family references linked to their account to get seats together

@RedsReporter: Speaks volumes.#NFFC end sold out and thousands wanting more tickets, yet #htfc end can’t sell their tickets! Do they know they are going to get a pasting? 😉

@AledWills91: Huddersfield Town fans coming out with “we haven’t sold our allocation coz we’ve been to Wembley 3 times in 10 years and it’s getting boring now” is the most tinpot attitude I’ve ever seen 😂 we sold out 4 times in 4 years ya mugs. Hope Forest batter you #HTAFC #NFFC

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Championship