John Terry reveals which two English clubs tried to sign him in 19 years

John Terry reveals which two English clubs tried to sign him in his 19 years with Chelsea, and it really could have worked out differently for him!

In an Instagram chat with Stephen Hendry, the assistant head coach of Premier League strugglers Aston Villa, revealed that he could have ended up at Manchester City or Huddersfield Town.

Terry said: “During my time the only two clubs that approached me were Huddersfield when I first came through. Steve Bruce was manager of Huddersfield. Chelsea accepted a bid & Vialli said no. Which obviously I’m very thankful to Luca for, he gave me my debut. Great man, great manager.

“Then obviously the Man City one, Man City approached Chelsea, made an offer official.

“Simple as this, I sat with the owner, face-to-face and said “I never want to leave Chelsea, that’s a fact. If you want to sell me then it’s a different story, I clearly don’t want to stay. But I’m telling you off the bat that I never want to leave this football club.

“Within that, I was due a new contract, we shook hands on a new contract, agreed a deal and I stayed another five, six years after that. The two clubs were the only two that come in for me.”

Fans reacted after John Terry reveals which two English clubs tried to sign him in 19 years…