Aston Villa

Jack Grealish taunts Leeds United with 7-word tweet after Aston Villa win

Jack Grealish taunts Leeds United with a 7-word tweet after his Aston Villa side came away from Elland Road with a win on Saturday evening.

Bielsa’s men suffered a 1-0 defeat as they conceded an early goal from El Ghazi before struggling to break down a stubborn defence from the visiting side.

Grealish couldn’t play in the game as he was injured, though it seems Villa didn’t need their star player, recording a win without their midfielder, who was watching back at home.

After the game, Jack Grealish sent a tweet on his delight at the victory against Leeds, which moved Villa up to 8th in the Premier League table.

“Ahh what a time to be alive,” he said.

Grealish has been a target for many Leeds fans due to the budding rivalry between the two clubs over the last few seasons.

Speaking earlier this year, Grealish admitted he was unsure as to why Leeds fans were among those who gave him the most stick on social media.

“I don’t mind stick off opposition fans at all, it’s usually just off the same fans if I’m honest,” he told Soccer AM.

“It’s Blues fans, West Brom, Wolves and then Leeds for some reason.

“I’m not sure why Leeds fans. I can obviously understand the ones that are close to us and rivals.

“It’s all just banter at the end of the day.”

He added: “I get so much stick on social media from opposition fans when they say I go down too easily, which at times I probably do but that’s just the player I am and the team I’m in at the moment.

“We’re not the biggest possession-based team in the league, sometimes we’re a team that needs to slow the game down.

“It’s part of my game, what I’ve got to do. We’re good from set-pieces. That’s not saying I dive at all. There’s a difference between winning fouls and diving.”

El Ghazi’s early strike earns Aston Villa first Premier League win in three games and Villa win without Jack Grealish in the Premier League for only the fourth time since 2018 to claim first Elland Road win in 21 years.

Player ratings

Leeds United: Meslier (6), Ayling (5), Cooper (6), Llorente (5), Dallas (6), Raphinha (6), Struijk (5), Klich (5), Costa (5), Roberts (5), Bamford (5).

Subs: Alioski (5), Hernandez (5), Harrison (6).

Aston Villa: Martinez (7), Elmohamady (7), Konsa (7), Mings (8), Targett (6), McGinn (7), Nakamba (7), Ramsey (7), El Ghazi (8), Traore (7), Watkins (7).

Subs: Trezeguet (n/a), Sanson (n/a).

Man of the Match: Anwar El Ghazi.

What the managers said…

Marcelo Bielsa: “In the game we played better than the opponent, we had many minutes of dominance and there were very few where we were dominated.

“In the first half we created more chances than they did, even though they scored. The goal is a chance which wasn’t intentional, a shot in which a player slips became a pass for a player who wasn’t even asking for the ball.

“In the first half we created six chances at goal, a good number, with the dominance more shared. In the second half we were completely dominate but only managed to create one chance.

“It was a game we didn’t deserve to lose, the draw would have been something more logical and, if there had to be a winner, it should have been us.”

Aston Villa‘s Dean Smith: “The players deserve lots of credit. Our game plan came off really well. We made a really good start and got on the front foot early.

“Our intensity levels were certainly a lot better than they were last week. In the first half against Leicester there wasn’t as much intensity as I’d like. Today was a different game.

“We pressed them really well. We probably made it too open at times, but we restricted them to very few chances in the second half. We wanted to play with safety first and we did that.”

Fans reacted as Jack Grealish taunts Leeds United with his 7-word tweet after Aston Villa win…

@avfcfrank: my skipper

@AnthonyTaylor_6: Absolutely disgrace today, I’ve been a Leeds fan since 1907 and a season ticket holder since 1916, I’m gonna support villa a proper team with a Dutch Ronaldo, GOODBYE

@villa501st: Hahahaha love you Jack

@ChrisFretwell1: Should leave you out more often

@wayneleedsfan: Remember that time when Liam Cooper our club captain tweeted “what a time to be alive” after we beat newly promoted Fulham by a single goal? No me either… Rent. free.

@lufc_callum: Init mad how they give it big one online but this cunt was crying when a Brumie banged him out

@Thecharmlessman: Hardly a performance to jump around about. Greasy fucking cunt

@just_wasik: Diving bastard

@Jn_1882: How has this rattled the whole Leeds fan base? Soft bunch

@DebsHLUFC: Haven’t you got a party to go to tonight Jack. Have a drink, chill

@RyanJDay: Just enjoy it mate. Have a few drinks, maybe pop out for a drive

@roblufc_: Greasy shit obsessed with Leeds

@Jackclufc: congratulations on your trophy for beating leeds

@TheWillRoss: Don’t even need you mate

@li4mlufc: Get off the floor you weren’t even playing you greasey prick

@Cjsteggles: If he’s celebrating with a drink, please hide his car keys

@GamerDadMMXVII: ViLla ArE sHit WitHoUt GreAliSh 🥴🥴

@lufcvlogger: strange man

@Matt1Lufc: Absolutely fucking class how we rattle people so much they behave like this 😂😂😂 no other club can get in peoples heads like Leeds I fucking love this club

@dom_gradwell: Ah Jack. Will you rise above it. I don’t expect more from you but lots of people do. Btw, aggregate score is 1 – 3. And you were on the field when 3 went in.

@diablophelps: Crazy the amount of Leeds fans following jack

@Stanny1987: @JackGrealish Best team won Fair play to villa broke up play really well today. Stopped us doing anything but it wasn’t hard coz we were terrible today.

SEE MORE: Patrick Bamford hits back at Aston Villa fans over viral video

More in Aston Villa