fbpx
Connect with us

Non League

‘Dust of those boots’ – 45 year old Kevin Ellison signs for 19th club of his career

‘Dust of those boots’ – 45 year old Kevin Ellison is still going strong as he signs for the 19th club of his career in Vauxhall Motors.

He made his debut for his new side, who play in the Northern Premier League Division One West, on Non League Day (23rd March), coming on as a sub on the 64th minute but his side lost 1-0 at Avro.

Throughout his career, Ellison has played for a total of fourteen clubs, amassing over 550 appearances in the Football League.

Notably, he played 350 games for Morecambe and had a brief stint in the Premier League with Leicester City.

Additionally, Ellison has played for Stockport County, Lincoln City, Chester City, Hull City, Rotherham United, Bradford City, and Newport County in the EFL.

He has also showcased his skills at a semi-professional level for Southport, Chorley, Conwy United, Altrincham, Warrington Rylands and in recent years for City of Liverpool and Runcorn Town.

In the 2019–20 season, Ellison briefly took on the role of a coach at Morecambe.

Kevin Ellison said upon signing: “I just want to play football, I still love the game.

“People may question my age, but for me, I still feel fit and strong. I’m still hungry, still got a lot of desire and still want to play.

“Being 45, I still feel I can offer a lot on and off the pitch and chip in with a few goals.

“I want to help the lads by passing on some of my experience and hopefully I can help the club finish the season strong and achieve a higher league position.

“It was a no brainer when Runcorn told me that Vauxhall had put 7 days in, I didn’t have to think twice.”

Danny Holmes on Kevin Ellison: “What a signing for us that we’ve been able to bring in someone of Key’s calibre.

“He’s an unbelievable character who will drive standards in the group and demand from our players.

“Key is a winner and a fantastic player, I’m Looking forward to working with him moving forwards.”

HIS CAREER:

Senior career
1996 – Southport
1997 – Chorley
1997–1999 – Conwy United
1999–2001 – Altrincham – 57 games (24 goals)
2001 – Leicester City – 1 game (0 goals)
2001–2004 – Stockport County – 52 games (2 goals)
2004 β†’ Lincoln City (loan) – 13 games (0 goals)
2004–2005 – Chester City – 30 games (11 goals)
2005–2006 – Hull City – 41 games (2 goals)
2006–2007 – Tranmere Rovers – 38 games (4 goals)
2007–2009 – Chester City – 81 games (20 goals)
2009–2011 – Rotherham United – 74 games (15 goals)
2011 β†’ Bradford City (loan) – 7 games (1 goal)
2011–2020 – Morecambe – 391 games (88 goals)
2020–2022 – Newport County – 45 games (4 goals)
2022-2023 – Warrington Rylands
2022-2023 – City of Liverpool
2023-2024 – Runcorn Town
2023-2024 – Vauxhall Motors

Twitter users reacted as 45 year old Kevin Ellison signs for the 19th club of his career…

@mikesm24: Great signing! All the best @KEVIN11ELLISON πŸ‘πŸ»

@orient1881: Best of luck Kev!

@civicblonde: Rocking Rotherham with his yellow boots. Some player back in the efl

@EthanHoijord3: Big signing! #VMFC

@GrysJoel: I remember on the pitch at Ricoh, you said you were blowing for Morecambe, I said you were the best player that day. Fair play

@AandKFootball: Good luck @KEVIN11ELLISON

@John_Brammer: Better engine on you than a vauxhall vxr, drive them up the leagues, ok I’ve run out of Vauxhall puns, wonderful to still see you playing, still loads of time to go, look at Kazuyoshi Miura.

@GraemeManderso1: Good Luck Kev! πŸ‘βš½βš½

@StigStrand: What a legend still playing πŸ‘

@Zatopek21: Welcome Kev, looking forward to seeing you in a Motors shirt, starting tomorrow

@Bards_8: Incredible this to be fair, every credit for still going πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»βš½οΈ

@tom_davis11: get the bus pass out πŸ˜‚ all the best

@KeironUTC: Absolute legend, mate. Best of luck! 🧑

@CameronPengoboy: Go on Kev good luck with your new club mate the fc county will miss you like crazy

@zzzoooman: Not sure how Kevin is still playing. The man is a machine and looks after himself. Fair play Kev good and thanks for turning out for the Tranmere Pre-Season kick about at Ashville. πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ’™

@dean_fry9: Go on Kev you’re the equivalent of Kazuyoshi Miura. Keep playing until you physically can’t mate. I’ll now be looking out for the scores I chose to wipe Vauxhall motors from my memory after they beat QPR in the FA cup πŸ™ˆ

@Barry300668: Another chapter mate. What an inspiration πŸ‘Œ

@LancashireBant1: Omg still going!

@fordy___: The only motor that won’t let you down.

@paul_chard63: Good luck, keep on going!