David Prutton predicts the remaining EFL semi final playoff matches – 14th May

Sky Sports pundit David Prutton has given his predictions for this week’s English Football League fixtures.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit and commentator has given score predictions on FOUR matches.

All of them are playoff semi final second leg matches from the Championship and League One.

See what he went with below and on the next few pages…

WEST BROM v ASTON VILLA

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 0-1 (Aston Villa 3-1 on aggregate)

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Villa obviously came from behind to win the first leg at Villa Park, and, after his sending off, there will be no Dwight Gayle for West Brom, which will be a big miss.

“I fancy Villa to see this one through and win on the night as well. Then it will be about whether they can go one better than last year and win at Wembley.”

LEEDS v DERBY

The score David Prutton has predicted for this game is: 1-1 (Leeds 2-1 on aggregate)

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Kemar Roofe scored the winner at Pride Park, but he’s out of the second leg, and it will have been a frustration for Leeds fans that he’s not been available for so much of the season due to injury. I think he’ll be a big miss.

“I think it’ll be a feisty game, which is what we all like to see in the play-offs, and I can see Leeds sneaking through. That would set-up a final against Villa, which would be decent given how we’ve seen them go up against each other during the course of the season.

“All four teams have been fantastic, and regardless of who reaches the final, it’ll be a packed out Wembley, but a Leeds-Villa final would have a really nice edge to it. Villa had wonderful form to get into it, and Leeds, the frustration of missing out on the automatic places could give them the added impetus to get through in the play-offs.”

Take a look at more of his predictions on the next page.

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!