Burnley

Burnley amuse as viral announcement video gets over 4 million views for Sander Berge signing

Burnley amuse as another gone viral announcement video gets over 4 million views for the signing of Sander Berge from Sheffield United.

The Clarets completed the signing of the midfielder in a £12m deal from the Blades ahead of what will be an exciting season for the Lancashire outfit.

The 25-year-old produced 15 goals in 109 appearances in South Yorkshire but has not opted to signing a four-year deal at Turf Moor.

As you could expect with their announcements unveiling their latest signing, this was equally as funny as the others they’ve previously done. You just know the media team are having too much fun with this!

CLUB STATEMENT:

Burnley Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Norwegian international Sander Berge from Sheffield United for an undisclosed fee.

The central midfielder has penned a four-year contract at Turf Moor and becomes Vincent Kompany’s eighth new summer signing.

After joining the Clarets, Berge said: “I have heard a lot of good things about the Club and seeing the success from outside last season, there’s a great project building here.

“It’s a great environment full of young talented players from all around the world, so I just think it’s the perfect fit for me.

“The club has high ambitions, making several signings and it all just fits into what I’m looking for.”

Born in Baerum, Berge began his career in Norway at Asker SK playing in the third and second tiers before earning a move to top-flight side Valerenga in 2015.

The 25-year-old spent two seasons with Oslo based outfit before a switch to the Belgian Pro League in 2017 to Genk. The towering midfielder played 113 matches for Genk and lifted the Belgian Super Cup in 2019 which then saw Berge make the move to England and the Blades in January 2020.

Berge racked up 109 appearances for United over four seasons since joining, including two campaigns in the Premier League and 15 goals during his time at Bramall Lane.

Internationally, Berge made his senior Norway debut in 2017 against Northern Ireland and now has 36 caps after featuring from U15-U21 level.

The Norwegian said: “I’m really excited to be here. It’s my first day here meeting everyone and it’s always a nice & special day.

“I’ve known about this move and the interest for quite some time now and it feels great to finally get it over the line and it feels good to be here.

“I have heard a lot of good and promising things about the Club and seeing the success from outside last season, there’s a real great project building here.

“It’s a great environment full of young talented players from all around the world, so I just think it’s the perfect fit for me.

“Vincent Kompany made a huge difference, he’s a person I admire and I know how he wants to play. Being a dominant side, having the ball, being a team that takes control of games.

“I played against Anderlecht for Genk when he was the manager, I know how he wants to work inside the building here and on the pitch.

“I want as much success as possible here. It’s the toughest league in the world but hopefully I can contribute in the best possible way and play a huge role. I know there is competition in the side for every spot but it’s exciting times.

“The club has high ambitions, making several signing and it all just fits into what I’m looking for.”

Berge added: “Coming here I knew the club develop their players and make them proper athletes.

“They get the best out of everyone and I think being 25 years-old and having a lot to still improve, I feel it’s a good time and the right place to sign.

“Playing in the best league in the world with a young and inspiring competitive side like we have here.”

This is what fans said after Burnley amuse as their viral announcement video gets over 4 million views for the Sander Berge signing…

@RealTalkMCFC: Burnley’s media team are having way too much fun at work 😭😭

@Shawnifee: Burnley has come again with another epic announcement video! At this point, I’m certain their media team just go to work to have so much fun 😅

@lfcchristiann: these announcements just get better and better

@kevintence: Burnley media team is something else

@ctsmclovinya: EVERY. TIME. EVERYTIME THEY GET IT RIGHT. What a film, and what a great use of this clip 🤣 Burnley’s social media team are something else 👏 *Great signing too*

@TheClarets_com: The admin just never missed 🤣👏

@ccally45: What a signing this is!! Our transfer policy since Kompany has been here is incredible. Credit to Alan Pace for backing Kompany since he’s been here! Bring on Friday now 💜 #twitterclarets #UTC

@C_Leafhill: I hate that their media team is so good 😭

@CasparSwfc: Burnley are so good at announcing transfers, even better that is pretty much confirmed sheff U relegation. #bfc #swfc

@BaggieFans: This is the best one yet 😂😂😂

@JamesB_afc: Stop it this is GENIUS!