Bristol City

Bristol City do Pieface dirty with cheeky tweet as fans mock him during 4-1 win against Plymouth

Bristol City do Pieface dirty with a cheeky tweet come full time as home fans took to mock him during the 4-1 win against Plymouth Argyle.

The Robins proved too strong for Steven Schumacher’s side as goals from Sam Bell, Matty James, Mark Sykes and Harry Cornick sealed the victory.

And Bristol City made the most out of mocking their opponents, be it in the stand or on social media, and it was summed up when they tweeted a meme of popular Plymouth fan Jack ‘Pieface’ McDermott.

It showed a clip of him opening a box from his time on Deal Or No Deal, but Bristol City changed the outcome of what was inside, displaying a huge W (win) on it instead, before Pieface goes off celebrating.

Sam Bell netted home a short-corner routine after just 150 seconds for the hosts before Matty James made it 2-0 putting the ball into the roof of the net soon after following great build-up play.

Adam Randell got one back for Plymouth low from the edge of the box, but Mark Sykes made the most of poor defending to restore Bristol City’s two-goal lead shortly after.

Harry Cornick then made it four with a calm finish with 10 minutes remaining, giving Plymouth their biggest defeat since they were thrashed 4-0 by Bolton in the Papa John’s Trophy final at Wembley in early April.

The result means the Robins climb up to fifth in the Championship table while Argyle dropping to 16th as they continue to seek a first away win since being promoted.

Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson told BBC Radio Bristol:

“We played in a fashion that we aspire to play in, and that is to put teams under pressure and have a positive mentality.

“It’s always helpful when you get off to a good start and score early goals, of course it is, but the majority of the game I think we showed a level of intensity that was exactly what we’re trying to produce here.

“When we had to defend, at times we created one or two chances for them by being a bit loose, but Zak’s tackle at the end epitomises the desire that we have to protect our goal.”

Plymouth Argyle manager Steven Schumacher told BBC Radio Devon:

“It was a tough game on Saturday, it took a lot out of everybody physically, so we decided to make changes.

“I know seven sounds a lot, four of those players that started the game tonight are regular starters – Joe Edwards and Dan Scarr have played virtually every game for us – Callum Wright was our best player for the majority of the end of last season and Adam Randell has played loads of games, so there’s not an issue with those four players coming into the team.

“The three young lads who are making first Championship starts, if you don’t put them in you’re never going to know what they can do. In hindsight, because we’ve been battered 4-1, it doesn’t look a great decision.

“We don’t want to start like that, and it is something we speak about before the game as you would expect, but it gives you a mountain to climb if you keep giving silly goals away in the first minute of games.”

Bristol City: 1 Max O’Leary; 3 Cameron Pring, 4 Kal Naismith, 6 Matty James (capt), 8 Joe Williams (10 Andy King 71), 12 Jason Knight (22 Taylor Gardner-Hickman 61), 17 Mark Sykes (29 Ephraim Yeboah 61), 19 George Tanner, 20 Sam Bell (24 Haydon Roberts 71), 21 Nahki Wells (9 Harry Cornick 61), 26 Zak Vyner. Substitutes (not used): 23 Stefan Bajic (gk), 11 Anis Mehmeti, 16 Rob Dickie, 30 Raekwan Nelson.

Booked: Wells 34, Tanner 67

Argyle: 21 Conor Hazard; 6 Dan Scarr, 8 Joe Edwards (capt), 11 Callum Wright (2 Bali Mumba 61), 16 Lewis Warrington (4 Jordan Houghton H-T), 17 Lewis Gibson, 19 Tyreik Wright (10 Morgan Whittaker H-T), 20 Adam Randell, 23 Ben Waine (9 Ryan Hardie 61), 28 Luke Cundle (18 Finn Azaz 72), 29 Kaine Kesler-Hayden. Substitutes (not used): 25 Callum Burton (gk), 3 Macaulay Gillesphey, 7 Matt Butcher, 15 Mustapha Bundu.

Booked:

Referee: Matthew Donohue

This is how fans reacted as Bristol City do Pieface dirty with a cheeky tweet while fans mock him during the 4-1 win against Plymouth…

@bra83510: Done him dirty ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@bcfcbrayden: ELITE SHITHOUSERY

@Rick_H1988: Pie man in the Mud. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Love to see it. @the_pieface #pafc #pnefc

@peterrex2105: Ice in the veins