Bradford City

Bradford fans make feelings clear after 13 goals conceded across four consecutive defeats

Bradford City fans make their feelings clear after their side picked 4th consecutive defeat and 13 goals conceded across those matches.

Harrogate Town produced a comfortable win against the Bantams in front of a record-breaking home crowd of 3,905 spectators.

The hosts went ahead on 21 minutes through a header from Josh March, assisted by Warren Burrell, before George Thomson extended their lead with a penalty kick in the 73rd minute, following a handball by Brad Halliday.

An own goal from Daniel Oyegoke sealed the win, marking the Bantams’ fourth consecutive defeat, as he inadvertently redirected Jack Muldoon’s shot into his own net.

The result also stopped an eight-game winless streak for Harrogate, who climb up to 13th in the League Two table, with 54 points from 39 games played and 5 points from the playoffs.

Bradford are 17th with 50 points from 30 games played, and 9 points from the playoffs.

HARROGATE: James Belshaw, Warren Burrell (C), George Thompson, Matty Daly, Anthony O’Connor, Rod McDonald, Levi Sutton, Stephen Dooley (Jack Muldoon 66’), Matty Foulds, Josh March (Abraham Odoh 90’).

SUBS NOT USED: Mark Oxley, Derrick Abu, Josh Falkingham, Dean Cornelius, Tom Bloxham.

GOALS: March (21’), Thomson (73’ pen), Oyegoke (79’ OG).

BRADFORD: Sam Walker, Brad Halliday, Liam Ridehalgh (Adam Wilson 63’), Matty Platt (Ciarán Kelly 63’), Richie Smallwood, Jamie Walker (Bobby Pointon 63’), Andy Cook, Daniel Oyegoke, Kevin McDonald (Noah Wadsworth 86’), Lewis Richards, Tyreik Wright (Harry Chapman 77’).

SUBS NOT USED: Colin Doyle, Tyler Smith.

Bradford boss Graham Alexander said post-match: “It is nowhere near good enough,” he said.

“We conceded with no pressure on our goal.

“I think we have been done on basics today, and I have said that to the players.

“We have been done by first contact, second balls.

“It is not something we can be proud of.

“It is almost like each game compounds the next one.

“As a team we were nowhere near the level required to win a game of football.

“We have to change.”

“We just have to show personal and professional pride.

“I am not sure if the Mansfield game had an effect on us, but we got to see what a top team looks like.

“I am not seeing the responses we had from earlier games.

“We have not got a leg to stand on today.”

Alexander said, per Telegraph & Argus: “We’re always under pressure as managers.

“I’ve come in at a time when the team was struggling. We’ve shown periods when we’ve got it right and got it going.

“We’ve lost too many players over the last three or four months. You can see that, it’s not my imagination.

“It’s hard to put your finger on it when it’s players who have done 20-30 games on the bounce.

“I’m not leaving them out. They are unfortunately getting injured.

“There are other issues but I’m not going to talk about them now.

“I’m not going to sit here and try and highlight other things that need doing just to protect my back.

“I’m big enough to take the responsibility but I know there are a lot of things that we have to do to improve to get this club winning.”

“They are angry because we went close last year and this season hasn’t panned out as many would have hoped,” Alexander said as fans turn on the hierarchy.

“It’s really difficult for me to look at that scoreline and defend any of us really.

“You have to take the criticism that’s there because it was a terrible day.

“Scorelines are important and we haven’t been on the back of ones like the last three, certainly in the time I’ve been here.

“We’ve always been in games, competed and gone close or won them.

“But I think everything has been compounded at this stage of the season.

“There’s a desperation for us to cling on to that hope of a play-off spot. The team has been chasing all season long a position that it’s never had.

“As angry and frustrated as we are about the results and the performances, the supporters have every right to feel the same.”

Just seven games left to play and Bradford are currently on course for their lowest finish in League Two since 2012 when they were 18th in Phil Parkinson’s first season in charge.

An independent supporters’ group also plan for a public protest outside Valley Parade ahead of the Tranmere game on Good Friday.

He said: “I told the players after the game that they’ve got their personal and professional sense of pride and a responsibility to everyone who is part of Bradford City.

“I think that’s when we’ll see the characters and personalities who can take us forward next season.

“We’ll see who gives up, who hasn’t got the stomach for the fight and those who have the feeling to say, ‘no, I’m better than this. I want to be part of a successful Bradford City team.’

“We’ll see those people in the next five weeks.”

As mentioned, Bradford fans make feelings clear after 13 goals conceded across four consecutive defeats…

@Medds92: Club is dying. Sparks and Rupp OUT

@DPCS_77: The players have given up. The fans have given up. Well done Ryan and Stefan. This is on YOU #bcafc

@DRiley84BCFC: Think Alexander will walk after that. Straight down the tunnel holding his hand up to the fans

@jonnyjonny13: He needs to resign now. Not at the end of the season, not after all the protest that are coming, NOW. This isn’t a “I don’t quite when it gets hard”. This is a moment where this club is at a very real risk of future folding. Sparks, get out. Rupp, sell.

@DirewolfBCFC: 13 goals past us in 4 games… Need I say anymore?

@9yrspodcast: Bradford have the feel of a club on an inexorable slide.

@ScudzTV: There is no saving face for some. But the squad have to hold some accountability for the on field performances in the last 4. I strongly suggest a donation on behalf of the players to @DarbyRimmerMND. Some are STEALING a living of late. Time to pay back some that debt. #bcafc

@Noahrobo1903: I’m not even going to argue with anyone taking the piss out of us they have every right to ffs

@BcafcGod: Sparks and rupp. Out now.

@BaconBantam: Ryan Sparks “No room for Mediocrity at this club” – If you were as competent as Mediocre that would be a above where we are now, just Go #bcafc

@Georgebfd156: Joke of a club, no passion in that squad, management looks clueless and the board doesn’t understand this football club. Sack the lot